Wind And Water: Puzzle Battles Official Release!

I just got the Elemental + full combo in 30 sec... I would'nt have touhg this was possible.. the next one is insane touhg :D Time combo x5 + wind and water clear :S

I'll get it :D

paxl13 said:
I just got the Elemental + full combo in 30 sec... I would'nt have touhg this was possible.. the next one is insane touhg :D Time combo x5 + wind and water clear :S

I'll get it :D
that took me a long time too. what made the difference for me was getting better at setting up elementals. at first i was just going for full combo and hoping for an accidental elemental. but it was easier to set up the elemental, then get the full combo linked up to it.

it was probably still easier than the final aiba stage :D

Last edited by a moderator:
rokdcasbah said:
that took me a long time too. what made the difference for me was getting better at setting up elementals. at first i was just going for full combo and hoping for an accidental elemental. but it was easier to set up the elemental, then get the full combo linked up to it.

Is the final Aiba so hard :D?

Hmm... I think it's true, it's easier to make up the Elemental and then aim for the smallest full combo available. BTW when I was in Japan I broke my Time Chain record (on the GP2X), I think it was 50 or something...

Haha!

It's OK.

Chains are hard. You'll get there with time.

I'm a slow reader, so Aiba's Treasure 3 was kinda hard for me :p

Still, the top stages are always challenging, even for us!

Glad to hear everyone's having fun!

A r k said:
rokdcasbah said:

Is the final Aiba so hard :D?

Hmm... I think it's true, it's easier to make up the Elemental and then aim for the smallest full combo available. BTW when I was in Japan I broke my Time Chain record (on the GP2X), I think it was 50 or something...

I manage to complete what I think its the whole stages (no chesse here) but my storymode percentage it's not full, do I have to get the last medal for that?, or it's another bug and one stage again didn't open? my percentage for story mode is 192 and already unlocked all slides, extras and museum arts .

Paulo Becker said:
YAY I just got my sprite and I love it! :D I also love the game, despite really sucking at it and never getting ranks better than C :unsure: Anyway, just wanted to share my happiness lol :D
I'm glad you liked your sprite! You'll get the hang of it in no time!

Shinra:

Are you positive that you got all the exits possible in the Story Mode? They count as a percentage. Some Stages have two exits, and others which seem NOT to have an exit actually have a hidden one. Hope this helps :p

By the way, I beat your Time Chain by one :D

Lucky me~!!!

I'm wondering. E02 - or whichever stage that has the mission "2000 points + 15 time chains". Has anyone managed to get above a C on it?

If so, what are the conditions, do you know? My second time through I'm trying for minimum Bs and preferably As across the board, and this mission is proving very tough to crack. Mostly because it doesn't seem to accept chains as counting until your score exceeds 2000.

My current strategy is to spend the first 1:30 building a "tower of score" - essentially, you set it up so that one rotation sets off an elementalx10 or so, giving an instant ~20000 points, followed by as many chains as I can squeeze in, but the fastest I've been able to manage is 3:23, which is a C.

Clearly, if my score is as high as it is, that's not the route to beasting the level. And I'm fairly sure I've tried aiming at more chains (probably around 18, because I set them up in blocks of ~9). Is the solution really to satisfy it faster, and if so, how much, because at the moment I'm moving as fast as I can, and I'm still only passing. Grr!

I took a look through GamesTM this morning and Wind and Water was in the listings for upcoming games. The part that surpirsed was that this was also coming out for the Dreamcast. If this is true does anyone know when the release date is?

Yuan said:
Paulo Becker said:
YAY I just got my sprite and I love it! :D I also love the game, despite really sucking at it and never getting ranks better than C :unsure: Anyway, just wanted to share my happiness lol :D
I'm glad you liked your sprite! You'll get the hang of it in no time!

Shinra:

Are you positive that you got all the exits possible in the Story Mode? They count as a percentage. Some Stages have two exits, and others which seem NOT to have an exit actually have a hidden one. Hope this helps :p

By the way, I beat your Time Chain by one :D

Lucky me~!!!

Tnx i'll check again, and about that time combo well, i think i broke my stick trying to get it so it's even more dificult to beat you and hao :p , i think i'll get a F-200 just for the pad and then you will see :lol: .

yaustar said:
I took a look through GamesTM this morning and Wind and Water was in the listings for upcoming games. The part that surpirsed was that this was also coming out for the Dreamcast. If this is true does anyone know when the release date is?

A r k said:
It's NOW exclusive for the GP2X :p , not that it WILL be exclusive for the GP2X ;) Anyway, that version is far from being materialized, so pretty much it WILL be exclusive for the GP2X for quite a while :)

argor: Thanks for answering :D

Tobriand: Hi, I was just checking the mission. For an upper rank, you need to do it in less than 30 seconds. For an A rank, you need to do it in less than 60 seconds. For a B rank, less than 100 seconds. So I guess the best idea is to try doing time chains fast. If you manage to get an 7+ time chain, you'll already have near 2000 points, so I guess that's the best way to get a better rank :D

I, too, hope that with the F200 stick, this game can be played as it is meant to be played. Really looking forward to see what they have done.

Wow, that's quick... so basically, it needs to be a 21-22 time chain as fast as possible. Probably beyond me, tbh. Unless I'm setting them up, mine tend to die around 5, mostly because they stop being time chains and become simply chains if the R-trigger isn't pressed, and I usually press it a fraction of a second too late lol.

Thanks for the rank conditions, though :)

Back