Wind And Water: Puzzle Battles Official Release!

Yuan

Still Fresh
Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles is officially released now! No more wait! You can upload your stats and play through the whole game!

Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles is a commercial Puzzle game for the GP2X with an extensive Story Mode, online Stats, arcade quality graphics, and studio-recorded music.

titlescreen.jpg
battle1.jpg

Those who purchase the game will be able to download it free of DRM immediately after they pay.

The final retail price of the game is $16 (~€12 or ~£8), and for the game with a personalized sprite $24 (~€18 or ~£12).

There's a very complete demo of the game if you would like to try it. Download it from our website or from the GP32x download archive!

http://www.wind-water.net/download.html
http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,22,2222

You can order Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles here!

http://www.wind-water.net

We already sent an e-mail to everyone who preordered the game with instructions on how to play and upload stats!

The release of Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles was delayed because of the effects of Hurricane Dean. The strong winds and rain caused a severe power outage that left us without computers (and internet) for some time. Fortunately it was only for some hours, and it is calm now, but the winds will strike Costa Rica this weekend, with unknown force. These are the news from our local newspaper, in Spanish only:

http://www.nacion.com/ln_ee/2007/agosto/18...-sr1209383.html

Ironically enough, the release was literally held back by "wind and water". The porch of our house got a little flooded and we had lightning all evening and night, but that was pretty much all.

But it doesn't matter now, since this is the day you get to play Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles!

Official International Release: August 24th, 2007.

amy_cook.jpg
storymap2.jpg

And really, really sweet it is, too! Damn you all - I have work to do! :D

Excellent game. Really nice intro and catchy music. I love it.
Well done.

Regards,
Stephan

Heh, I ordered 4 hours ago. My paypal account is verified, so you should have received the payment already. unfortunatelly, I didn't receive a confirmation from you guys.

Horscht said:
I really hoped to take the game with me to GC tomorrow :(
Horscht:

Your matter is solved. You can brag in the Games Convention that your version is better than the one in display!

Last edited by a moderator:
I sold my GP2X a while back ago, but I must say that this game looks great! I think you have done a great work of bringing a polished commercial game to this scene. I might consider buying that new white GP2X, along with this game ofcourse! :)

Yuan Works,

What a fantastic game!
Been a Gper from sometime and I must say this IS the best commercially polished game for this system hands down! It bests everything else I've played so far. The hard work shows in your presentation and execution throughout.
Honestly, I have never felt so positive about any game I been honored enough to play. Thanks for the dedication to quality software craftsmanship.... you guys are true artists in every sense of the word.

Also, my wife swipped the system from my hands in mid-combo...darn her. I guess its OUR game now.
:blink:

What a fantastic game! Thanks a lot for your hard work.

Just a question: isn't the puzzle mode supposed to save your progress?
It doesn't for me, but the story mode saves.

Cheers
Sebastian

I can't wait to play it the final online demo is great.
(doubt I'm on of the first 50 who pre-ordered thou)
I'll be patient with gettting my version downloaded and probably have many hours of fun playing it.

Hi everyone!

We're glad that you are liking it :D it gets a lot harder (and funnier)!

We'll probably have some user stats ready by tomorrow, we'll let you know!

CeNTauR2:

Yes, the puzzle mode saves its progress. It's likely that you turned off the GP2X without selecting QUIT so the progress didn't save. The puzzle mode does not save in-game so you can win a Stage in the story mode to "force" to save your progress.

BTW what puzzle stage did you get to? :p

A r k:

I was in stage C4 or something. Maybe you can add autosaving ingame to the puzzle mode,
would be nice.

Thanks for the tip

Sebastian

I am so happy that this game is finally released. I have been anxiously waiting for it since I pre-ordered a while back. You guys are the best.

EDIT: AH CRAP! BATTERIES ARE DEAD!

EDIT2: I have converted my Camera's stock 32mb SD card into my Wind and Water card :)

Back