Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MWeston said:
Dubya' said:
http://webhome.csc.uvic.ca/~mweston/

Mark? Is that your web page?

Yeah, that is Mark's webpage, but if you were looking for me, then no, it isn't my page. :) I have no idea who that is either ;)

My name is Michael. I'm a pretty private guy so I don't have a lot of pictures and stuff online. I only have two domains registered for work projects and you know one of them already. :)

Ah, didn't know your first name even though you may very well have mentioned it already.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a GP32 but never bothered with a GP2X or F200 as I didn't see them as enough of an upgrade. (I have a laptop and a PDA) This on the other hand I must have. I won't pre order but I will definately get one within a month or two of launch.

If it even realises half it's potential it will be a cracking little device.

You bet. I'll be as close to the beginning of the lines for that first batch. Then I'll give you guys as thorough a review as I can muster. (Maybe I could crack out my webcam for some videos...) ;)

Well, in the first batch there will only be 3,000 units, the freaking Our New Machine thread has 279,115 views. Will most of these people want to buy it? Was this number set by people who kept revisiting the thread? Even if both of these questions are deemed true, there still won't be enough to go around at release, maybe even quite sometime after.

Anyways, yes, I will buy it. The only way I won't buy it is if it gets terrible reviews or community support.

Clad said:
Blame Canada ! Blame Canada !
It seems that everything's gone wrong
Since Canada came along! :D

and of course I will buy it.

and i will plug in such a little bluetooth usb thingy and hope it has a MicroB or webkit based browser.

I'm intending to buy it. The hardware seems impressive, and it looks like it could very well be used as an open source PDA. (There's DSOrganize on DS but... taking out your DS to note an appointment, etc... doesn't look good in some places)

From a Devving standpoint, the extra power of both CPU and the addition of OpenGL ES 2.0 gives us more leeway as to what can be achieved. (read more advanced AI)
As soon as CromoZome is "finished", our next project will start, and will hopefully be something to look forward to! CromoZome should be a straightforward initial port also.

Be all and end all: If I have the cash around, or if they fall from the sky, I will get one.

I will most likely get myself a unit too. Though I too must admit the price is a little high.

BTW, other than canada ;), do we already know some of the other distribution channels? I leave in Singapore and playasia.com is really a great option for online purchases. Will the Pandora be available there?

depends on what colours its released in, if it gets released in Black i will buy one on release, if its only out in white i probably wont get one at all.

Clad said:
I'll sell my yet-to-be-delivered EEE for a Pandora when it'll be available.
This will be a problem for me....which one? EEE or pandora?
Both roughly same price.
I suspect we'll start seeing more andmore EEE type devices released as this year progresses.

I won't be buying one straight away, the 2x covers all my emulation and homebrew needs very nicely. I'll definitely keep an eye on it though, probably wait a year or so after release :)

bnolsen said:
This will be a problem for me....which one? EEE or pandora?
Both roughly same price.
I suspect we'll start seeing more andmore EEE type devices released as this year progresses.
I had the same problem, then I had to buy an Eee straight away because my girlfriend's computer went on the fritz again. From experience, the Eee is just about big enough to work for long hours of work in for example OpenOffice and for extended browsing, so it has that advantage, along with the computer monitor output that allows you proper high resolutions on monitors or TVs with monitor input.
On the other hand, the Pandora will offer greater portability and better support for gamers while retaining the screen resolution for web browsing over shorter periods of time.

Back