Well?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I have to admit, I don't know what recent development we're talking about, either. I mean, the design has been slightly updated (though only at tweak-level) and apparently, the connectors have been moved around a bit. Other than that, I have no idea what's going on.

* Not sure

Because I'm sure I won't have enought money to buy it. Please, think on the poor people *cries*

It's weird, I'm someone who wants the device for development and wants to do ports and new games and applications, that will improve the software catalog of the device, but have to drop 300 euro...where will I find 300 euros? *cries again*

I won't buy it if it is going to sell at 300€ (retail price)
I'm pretty convinced that some people that currently intend to buy it won't do it when it will be out because of the price. I am also pretty sure that in the middle of this year there will be a bunch of new tech gadgets that will retain our attention and make the pandora look less attractive (bewaure the continuous invasion of low cost china's pmp ;))

When I know it doesn't suck. I want to see real unbiased tech news outlets with real hardware (not forum members spouting about how we can forgive piles of faults to reap a small handful of rewards like gp2x to take part in the glorious homebrew future or some shit).... I want to see real users used to professional devices, not cheap toys, reporting it is a solid machine worth its hefty pricetag that will satisfy a real consumer and not just a forgiving niche market.

I'll buy it if its not too pricey. Last time i bought something from the UK the exchange rate was something like 2.5x, i doubt i'd spend 750$ canadian on it, but i'm pretty sure the the canadian dollar is better off now than it was then. Not that i really follow such things.

I voted "I don't know", though I intend to, IF everything comes off all right and the software support is there... That being said, they haven't even come up with any actual PoC hardware builds yet, so I don't think their Spring '08 deadline is likely to be met - maybe we'll see them available for sale by the autumn of 2008, but who knows what other objects of desire might be clamoring for my money by then... ;)

I cannot commit. It depends on other hardware offerings if/when Pandora comes to market, and whether or not the Pandora devs make as many mistakes as GPH does.

If the Pandora, as pictured and specced on the website, came out today for $400, I would buy it in a heartbeat. If it comes out a year from now then it will be a whole different ballgame, competing with devices from Nokia* and Asus at the very least.

* - After spending a few months dealing with the Nokia 770 and 800 and their well thought out software design (debian!) it brings me to tears to be forced back to the GP2X's half assed linux implementation.

Spectralist said:
I'll buy it if its not too pricey. Last time i bought something from the UK the exchange rate was something like 2.5x, i doubt i'd spend 750$ canadian on it, but i'm pretty sure the the canadian dollar is better off now than it was then. Not that i really follow such things.
I don't know how you got 750 CAD from 200 GBP times 2.5, that'd be 500 but that includes VAT. It'll be around $330 in the USA (where the dollar is about the same as CAD, currently USD is a tiny bit more but I've seen CAD be a little higher not that long ago) but I don't know what kind of customs you'd have to pay. If it's 50% then that'd be pretty bad.

Maybe there will be a Canadian distributor. Is MWeston in Canada? You know, openpandora.ca and all...

(oh, and CAD to GBP is about 2 to 1 right now)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we need a third poll here: "What will you sacrifice to get the device?"
Please, offer some points to vote for! :)
About the price: will it be possible to refund the VAT if I buy the device in England (I'm a foreigner)? In this case the price for me could decrease a bit.

Dubya' said:
http://webhome.csc.uvic.ca/~mweston/

Mark? Is that your web page?

Yeah, that is Mark's webpage, but if you were looking for me, then no, it isn't my page. :) I have no idea who that is either ;)

My name is Michael. I'm a pretty private guy so I don't have a lot of pictures and stuff online. I only have two domains registered for work projects and you know one of them already. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back