Wifi Dongle Securtiy Key Too Long? Wtf?

Chewieshmoo

Still Fresh
Ugh! So I finally got the official Wifi dongle, set SSD to broadcast and could see my router in settings, was prompted to type in Security Key, I use WPA2
on my network, my Security Key appears to be too long I think because it is 128 bit encryption I cannot enter the last few digits into the field there is just no room so of course it fails to connect? Anyways around this? I am not very good at this, took me forever just to see my router now I cannot enter the full key come on!

PLEASE HELP ANYONE. :(

It should work on Caanoo firmware 1.6.0 or higher. It supports WPA2 but only with passwords up to 25 characters.

When 1.6.0 was released, qbertaddict said it could connect to his WPA2 network, and this is probably the exact same GPH dongle sent to MRD here.

I think there was a trick to enter longer keys, bypassing the interface prompt, but I couldn't find it now.

someoneElse said:
It should work on Caanoo firmware 1.6.0 or higher. It supports WPA2 but only with passwords up to 25 characters.

When 1.6.0 was released, qbertaddict said it could connect to his WPA2 network, and this is probably the exact same GPH dongle sent to MRD here.

I think there was a trick to enter longer keys, bypassing the interface prompt, but I couldn't find it now.
Yes as of 1.6 I am able to connect to my wpa 2 network. My wpa 2 key is nowhere near 25 letters or numbers though. I got a message from MaximumRD stating he was able to get it working. Not sure if he stuck with WPA 2 though.

Last edited by a moderator:
qbertaddict said:
someoneElse said:

Yes as of 1.6 I am able to connect to my wpa 2 network. My wpa 2 key is nowhere near 25 letters or numbers though. I got a message from MaximumRD stating he was able to get it working. Not sure if he stuck with WPA 2 though.

I got mine to work by shortening my encryption key.

Question, what apps support online? Plus, is there a decent internet browser for Caanoo. The current ones out now really, REALLY suck. Its almost impossible to navigate Netsurf because you can't use the thumb pad to move the mouse cursor. Would be so much better if you could use the pad to navigate rather than the touchscreen.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I'm writing a follow up post to apologize for saying Netsurf sucks. Its actually pretty cool. My touch screen collaboration was screwed so that's why it wasn't working right. One thing I noticed is that I can't get into facebook, twitter, or any site that requires authentication. Help with that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Back