Why Is The Dingoo The Pmp Getting The Attention?

1. Out of all the PMPs, Dingoo has the best gaming controls.

2. It's awesome!

3. It's awesome!!

Gemei A320 is being supported by a third party (Dingoo, a software house) which is distributing it and providing various kind of support. Most Chinese PMPs don't aren't being distributed well outside of China.

For me it fixes pretty much all of the problems with previous handhelds.

It's slim, light, has a good screen, really nice controls, decent builtin firmware, easy to use TV out, long battery life, quite a fast processor, USB file transfer and recharging, and it's a proper homebrew-friendly open system. And it's pretty cheap too, which doesn't hurt one bit.

quadomatic, can you tell us about an other PMP with ingenic (or any other, powerful) chipset, gaming controls and emulators (besides the gemei x760+, that apparently has the same hardware except the lcd, since most apps work for both)? :wub:
The only ones i have seen, look either rubbish or their emulator(s) are rubbish or both.

For example this one? :p
First time i saw the dingoo on dealextreme, looking for cool MP3-Players, that can do some more than just playing music. Sadly, most chinese PMPs have only a NES emulator, but things seem to change, luckily.
I need a Dingoo-emoticon! :)

euleberlin posted on May 27 2009 at 08:32 PM) For example this [URL="http://a320.freeforums.org/another-one-enters-the-market-t294.html said:
one[/URL]? :p
First time i saw the dingoo on dealextreme, looking for cool MP3-Players, that can do some more than just playing music. Sadly, most chinese PMPs have only a NES emulator, but things seem to change, luckily.
I need a Dingoo-emoticon! :"]
I laugh at how every time one something like this is posted people will say it's poorly built (without holding one) and is too large (without any frame of reference).

People are still saying the Pandora is huge too :/

Last edited by a moderator:
You´re right, people should hold a device in hands before judging over it. It´s damn ugly i think, but the display seems nice, 3,5 ": look here
Obviously there are not many infos about this device (and many others), does someone know a website about this type of devices (besides gp32x ^_^ )?

there is a ton of info available on the dingoo, hit up my sig for all your dingoo needs. There are several forums dedicated to the dingoo that a quick google should bring up as well.

I have both the dingoo and the wiz - having played both considerably, the dingoo's d-pad is undoubtedly superior. The dingoo has a nice screen, but the OLED on the wiz definitely trumps it - playing galaga in the dark for the first time on the wiz almost brought tears to the eyes ;-) Mmmm.....OLED goodness. Dingoo definitely plays videos far better than the wiz (perhaps understandably given dingoo's PMP heritage).

Dingoo's linux is coming along, so we'll see a lot of stuff for it soon, which is great. I'd reckon in pure performance, and range of software, the wiz will beat it (and touch screen amiga would be awesome :)- but then, the wiz (although very nice quality-wise - but the dingoo's pretty solid too) is twice the price....

So I'd say get both :) never hurts to have a spare system when your batteries run out :)

Cheers
Simon

Cheers
Simon
Good comparison. But, it's possible that the Dingoo is more powerful than the Wiz, at least in processing power, right? The emulators on both handhelds are fairly unoptimized but they work considerably better on the A320 (at least from what I've read, correct me if I'm wrong).

Exophase posted on May 27 2009 at 08:46 PM) I laugh at how every time one something like this is posted people will say it's poorly built (without holding one) and is too large (without any frame of reference said:
This is exactly why I am not forming an opinion on the Dingoo until I have seen one for real. Pictures of it make it look a little boxy but I can't really say that for real until I have one in my hands.

Same goes for Pandora, until I have used one I'm keeping zipped.

Very unlikely. That SNES comparison was very poor, although I largely blame whoever thought it'd be a good idea to release both a raw port of SNES9x along with PocketSNES. Wiz is crippled by its memory but so is Dingoo, which is SDRAM. What I don't know is if it's 16bit or 32bit - I believe it's two 16bit chips, so it could be interleaved for effective 32bits.

The Bytemark results for Dingoo were also unimpressive. I guess we'll have to see if someone wants to do it for Wiz.

Even if Dingoo really is more powerful you'll still see better emulators on the Wiz because of more optimized ARM ASM code being used in many instances. This is especially evident right now if you compare Genesis emulation on both.

Back