Who Would Have Thought?

christo930

I was looking at the gp32 section of the forums today and the very first post by Hando saying we have to start somewhere
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=5134

That was 6 years ago and the community is still growing strong. The GP32 led to the GP2X and now to the Wiz. The community that grew up around the 2 consoles even developed a new console before Gamepark announced the release of yet another console (the Wiz). There are literally hundreds of games available for each system (almost all donated by developers for free) plus the games supported by the emulators takes the game count into the thousands. Lets hope the next 6 years are just as good as the last six and that we continue to grow in numbers.
My many thanks go out to the owners of the board that make the community possible and the developers that provide us with software that allows us to use the consoles for something other than a brick, which is really all it is without software.
It's for no particular reason, I just noticed that first post because somebody replied to it recently and it made me reflect on all the work and effort that the community puts out and how most people probably thought that the gp32 would quickly fail and go under never to be heard from again. Instead, because of us, it managed to remain a small, but apparently profitable project that has lasted for quite a while now. Hopefully the Wiz will achieve even more success that the GP2X which was more successful than the GP32.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Back