To Wiz Or Not To Wiz?

So, I just got my Wiz in today. I have only gotten the chance to try a few things on it but so far I love it.

The touch screen on mine is quite responsive and accurate (I know a lot of people say theirs are bad, and very off, I must have lucked out).

Build quality is quite nice, although it does seem to have a slight rattle to it (could be just mine). It works perfectly so I'm not too worried.
It is lighter than I thought it would be, and a lot of people like that. Personally I like a little weight to my devices, but I can tell that in the long run it will be a GOOD thing that it's light.

I personally like the buttons, and don't have much to complain about in that department. The shoulder buttons are in a BIT of an awkward position, but it's easily compensated (I imagine it can be tough to design a system for so many hand sizes ;) )

It is currently updating the firmware, and then I will be off to play with it some more!

All in all, so far I am VERY happy with the purchase.

Cheers
-MooSe

Theres a newer firmware that has less tearing? I'll have to look for that.

(Sort of annoying is that GPH didn't update the firmware version string very well, _I think_; its hard to tell which firmware you have and if its newer or not, since they swapped some of the numbers around in at least some fw versions :)

MAME is amazing on wiz :)

jeff

I'd say go with the Wiz. I got mine last week and I'm amazed at this little machine. Top notch ;)!

Darth_Moose said:
Build quality is quite nice, although it does seem to have a slight rattle to it (could be just mine). It works perfectly so I'm not too worried.

Mine did that too but I found it was just the battery rattling against the battery cover. Placing a little piece of folded up paper in between the two resolved the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back