Is Gp2X Wiz The Final Seal For The Gp2X Model Series?

foody

Still Fresh
As much as Pandora is getting a big hit on the market, personally I consider the GP2X series the true hand held consoles. Pandora seems more to me a portable PC and I can use a laptop for that, don't need Pandora to do it for me and a laptop is even better than Pandora million times. However, I am into the GP2X series because it screams hand held consoles, like NintendoDS, PSP, Gameboy advance and so on. So I am wondering, is GP2X Wiz the final seal to the GP2X series? Are there no plans for further GP2X development series ones Pandora is out? I would hate if that happens, but if it does I am proud to see I ordered my Wiz and it is coming on the mail. I can hardly wait to touch it, use it and play with it...I intend to use Wiz for five years at least if not more before deciding to migrate to a new system. Who knows, I might be so much into it, I will get me another Wiz. If anything, at least the Wiz have the best screen between all the other consoles and just so you know...the Wiz is a very fine hardware, have a great potential to be a very superior hardware...what a shame lots of developers are not taking their time to exploit such a beautiful hardware and show the world the excellent bells and whistles the Wiz hardware can give. I have great confidence that the Wiz hardware is even more superior than the PSP hardware.

They're made by different people; the release of the Pandora (made by OpenPandora Ltd, aka some dudes from the forums) has no bearing on future GP2X/Wiz models, which are made by GamePark Holdings in Korea. :)

I don't think GPH got tired of their jobs and thought "i don't want to do another console" :)

Of course, there will be another handheld, as long as they don't go under of course.

foody said:
I consider the GP2X series the true hand held consoles. Pandora seems more to me a portable PC and I can use a laptop for that, don't need Pandora to do it for me and a laptop is even better than Pandora million times.
Well said! I agree completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if the Pandora works out well, I will probably have more money which I will also use to promote other things I have in my shop, like the WIZ or future GPH consoles.
I'm not gonna abandon them.

I know the Pandora looks like a net book, but it's much more than that. True it promotes many non game features but what game console doesn't these days? Hell even the Wii has Netflix streaming now. The Pandora to me screams future development that can last well over 5 years in both emulation and homebrew as well as non gaming software :)

TylerAW said:
I know the Pandora looks like a net book, but it's much more than that. True it promotes many non game features but what game console doesn't these days? Hell even the Wii has Netflix streaming now. The Pandora to me screams future development that can last well over 5 years in both emulation and homebrew as well as non gaming software :)
The problem is, the phones now do that kind of stuff far better than the pandora could ever hope to do it. My ipod touch puts most of what I would want from the internet on the go, in the palm of my hand, perfectly (well, almost perfectly). The Pandora is and needs to be, first, last and only a game machine. In many ways, it's better than what the other hand held game machines, but it doesn't appear to even come close to a portable internet machine.

EvilDragon said:
Well, if the Pandora works out well, I will probably have more money which I will also use to promote other things I have in my shop, like the WIZ or future GPH consoles.

I on the flip side I cannot wait to abandon GPH and Dingoo and all the rest. When that day comes stress will be lifted from my mind in such a lovely way.

Ah... just thinking about it.... MMMmmmm

craigix said:
EvilDragon said:

I on the flip side I cannot wait to abandon GPH and Dingoo and all the rest. When that day comes stress will be lifted from my mind in such a lovely way.

I thought these gadgets suppose to promote pleasure not stress...am I missing something here?

EvilDragon said:

Do a price cut to promote wiz like Spanish hardcore gamer are doing atm for the anniversary. They are selling it for 100€€

craigix said:
EvilDragon said:

Do a price cut so you can get rid of wiz and other inferior handhelds.

foody said:
I thought these gadgets suppose to promote pleasure not stress...am I missing something here?
There are those who say there's no surer way to destroy your love for something than to try and make a business out of it.

christo930 said:
TylerAW said:
The problem is, the phones now do that kind of stuff far better than the pandora could ever hope to do it. My ipod touch puts most of what I would want from the internet on the go, in the palm of my hand, perfectly (well, almost perfectly). The Pandora is and needs to be, first, last and only a game machine. In many ways, it's better than what the other hand held game machines, but it doesn't appear to even come close to a portable internet machine.
Do what better? Sure the Pandora is not a phone but I have a phone and have no intention of changing it due to it's battery life of 15 hours. The Pandora will eventually Support Flash unlike you're iPod Touch. Pandora is also not held in the cluthces of Apple and it's control. If the web browser really works on the Pandora and supports Flash, Java and HTML4+ than how is it not a portable internet machine?

I wonder what wacky quirks GPH will introduce in their next handheld

The GP2X Wiz is a very great product for the price. Yes, it is a bit less advanced than the Pandora, but it also comes at half the price of the Pandora and it is a product which you can actually hold in your hands. No offense towards the Pandora though, I am a pre-orderer of the first day too and I love the device. I believe in the project and the road that's ahead for the entire open source console industry.

The Pandora is just too expensive for some people. This is because it is too advanced for just some very simple gaming on-the-go. People who want that kind of thing will be far better of with a Dingoo or a Wiz.

I also think that GamePark Holdings will build OpenPandora a big coffin if they ever try to completely abandon them (aka: tell them to fuck off with their stuff). The coffin will be build with their next handheld device, and it will be nailed by other newcomers on the open source handheld market. I would be very, very careful with making statements like Craig did. If GPH wants OP out of business, they can do it.

Seems like the same sort of trolling as seen on the PSP boards for years now over at GameFAQs.

Korlithiel said:
Seems like the same sort of trolling as seen on the PSP boards for years now over at GameFAQs.
Ohh Trolling the lamest internet excuse :p

Back