Which software do you miss on Pyra?

Cortana and the PlayStore.
What do you think, how long it'll be, 'til we get The Poett to direct us to The RedHatter's?

I wasn't being serious. Still. Mycroft can't be used self-hosted by any chance?

I wasn't being serious. Still. Mycroft can't be used self-hosted by any chance?
I don't know, I do know it does all the voice processing locally, unlike the other voice assistants. So the only thing that goes out over the internet is your queries in text form.

I just tested some of the emulators from the Debian Repo: Nestopia Runs but is quite slow, mgba doesn’t apear on my list of Applications, not even whit ctrl + Pyra Key, same whit GNGB, and there was also a Gamegear/Mastersystem Emulator I tested that ditnt run..
so seems like even if these are In the Repo, not all of them Work..
the only Games from the Repo i got to work, where the Gnome Games..
and the Basic Work Software (Libre Office, Firefox, Thunderbird... ) works perfectly out of the box..

So yes, whe need some more special ported Emulators for the Pyra,..

I don't know any games or indeed emulators that use GL for simple 2d jobs. Maybe some newer 2.5D games might use it, and apparently the guide that @kaprikaun is using to learn OGLes is a 2d game written using GLes. But most of the emulators Matzy was talking about were relatively old projects so unlikely to be using it.

I just tested some of the emulators from the Debian Repo: Nestopia Runs but is quite slow, mgba doesn’t apear on my list of Applications, not even whit ctrl + Pyra Key, same whit GNGB, and there was also a Gamegear/Mastersystem Emulator I tested that ditnt run..
so seems like even if these are In the Repo, not all of them Work..
the only Games from the Repo i got to work, where the Gnome Games..
and the Basic Work Software (Libre Office, Firefox, Thunderbird... ) works perfectly out of the box..

So yes, whe need some more special ported Emulators for the Pyra,..
Did you tried Foobillard++ or neverball as hinted inthe other thread about gl4es?
Also SuperTux2 should run the same way, with gl4es.

Well it was just a quick test, whitout running whit the gl4es command out of the Terminal, i think i will test this billard game this weekend
And maybe i will also make a Video ^^, i should anyway make a new one as i now know how to make the Screen bigger on PSCXRearmed ..

I miss a PS2 emulator. But I think these are difficult to see on non-intel machines, right?

I miss a PS2 emulator. But I think these are difficult to see on non-intel machines, right?
I don't see why. The CPU is a MISC RISC derivative, which I'd have thought to be fairly emulatable with any other RISC chip like the Pyra has. Ditto the Vector cores should be failrly directly analogues by the ARM A15's neon instructions, but maybe they can run at the same time as the MIPS chip which AFAIK the ARM can't, but I'm relying on lazy reading of third party information here; I've compiled plenty of ARM opcodes to memory and to disc in the past, but I've never knowingly committed a neon opcode. Maybe the graphics processor is a challenge, but I'd have thought by now that'd be fairly well understood and at the very least HLE emulated.

Last edited:
I know there is no technical reason preventing a PS2 emulator to be ported to ARM. But the fact is that last time I checked, I could not find any PS2 emulator running on ARM CPUs. Maybe it's just nobody has tried, but the fact is that AFAIK you need an intel CPU to natively run PS2 emulators.

Having no technical knowledge about this, I can at least confirm that the emulator pcsx2 is only available for architecture i386 in the debian repositry.
https://packages.debian.org/buster/pcsx2 (architectures are listed at the bottom of the page).

The description mentions that this package would need "a CPU with SSE2 instructions". Looking this up in wikipedia returns:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_instruction_listings#SSE2_instructions

No idea how hard (or easy) it would be to make it run on armhf. However, there seem to be more emulators available outside of debian:
https://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PlayStation_2_emulators
-> [URL]https://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Play![/URL] (Supports ARM but says to be "pretty far behind PCSX2 and very few commercial​
titles will run on all supported platforms"... still might be worth a try)​
or -> DobieStation
-> https://github.com/PSI-Rockin/DobieStation/ (well, it says "DobieStation requires a copy of the PS2 BIOS, which must be dumped from your PS2.")​
Hm, maybe not too promising? I don't know.

Last edited:
But on my Pyra pcsx ditnt asked for the Bios File maybe this was the reason why Street Fighter 2 ditnt work ^^
Im still Miss a Truck Simulator Game..
and the Gameboy -> SNES ..

But on my Pyra pcsx ditnt asked for the Bios File maybe this was the reason why Street Fighter 2 ditnt work ^^
Im still Miss a Truck Simulator Game..
and the Gameboy -> SNES ..
I have a bios file with the roms on my pandora and I wouldnt think of that if it wasnt needed.
Maybe youve copied the roms from you pandora directly and also included the bios or it is not needed.

It may be possible to run PCSX under box86 on our Pyras. Portal 2 apparently runs on similar hardware, albeit slowly, and I'd expect that to be using SSX2 opcodes to run. I can't say how fast it would be, and a native build would almost certainly run better, but it might be worth a try for now.

Ok could be there is a fake bios shipped whit the Emulator, because not everyone wants to illegally load a bios from the internet, or want to screw up his PlayStation to copy it from the actual hardware..
i think I try the Bios from my Pandora maybe this could work better..

I know there is a "working" ps2 emu that works pretty good on android, daemonPS2, however, it used stolen code from pcsx2, so is pretty much blacklisted.

However, it does prove it "can" work on arm, I checked the demo, and it can run what I threw at it pretty well on my XA2, back when I tried it.

At best a small group of people hiding in the dark took the pcsx2 base, and made a working emu for arm. This is the community that ported StarCraft to the Pandora. We have members who got Septerra Core ported to linux. Hell Drastic, is still the best NDS emu bar none.

The question isn't if we will get a working PS2 emu. The question is when, and who gets the honor of cracking it.

I don't know about you guys, but that is what makes this kind of device amazing. Its gonna be a wild ride.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Back