Which One? The Yinlips Ydpg16 Or Jxd S601?

Orion4874

Mega GP Mania
I've been toying with idea of buying one of these but I'm torn between the G16 and the S601. Now the G18 I know suffers from sound lag and since this has almost the same hardware I'm thinking the G16 will as well, what do you guys think? The S601 seems to have a nice following over at Dingoonity but it isn't as powerful as the Yinlips. Now, my main use for these most likely wouldn't be emulation with the exception of PSX and N64. No, I'd probably mainly use it for retail games and maybe music.

Opinions? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

The S601 has an A9 processor, versus the A8 processor in the Yinlips (it may be called a Boxchip A10, but there is no such thing as an ARM Cortex A10 processor). The A9 really should be a little bit faster, clock for clock, and possibly more efficient.

http://www.eeejournal.com/2009/12/arm11-vs-cortex-a8-vs-cortex-a9.html

Also they both use Mali 400 GPUs which, if that's actually true (you never know with these kinds of imported devices) that's a very capable mobile GPU.

If the S601 had just a few more features, like a higher resolution screen (640x480 for ported DOS games would be fine) and a maybe bluetooth, I'd already be buying one to replace my Caanoo.

I decided to go with preordering the G16. The release has been delayed a bit in order to work on the firmware so hopefully the sound lag issue will be rectified. I also like the fact that it doesn't look like a PSP. ;)
I can always get an S601 from Ebay or something for $75 if not less.

Hope to see a device like this someday:

http://limitlessdroid.com/2011/04/20/interesting-android-gaming-console-concept-would-you-buy-it/

Well I have a S601 and they just release a 800Mhz firmwaware + people are clocking it to 1Ghz - But I have pre-ordered the G16 for the same reason as Orion4874 it don't look like a psp it has a few more features
Like HDMI out and USB OTG ect... not to mention 2 point touch screen and ICS upgrade

ruffnutts said:
Well I have a S601 and they just release a 800Mhz firmwaware + people are clocking it to 1Ghz - But I have pre-ordered the G16 for the same reason as Orion4874 it don't look like a psp it has a few more features
Like HDMI out and USB OTG ect... not to mention 2 point touch screen and ICS upgrade
Have they gotten it up to 1ghz? I scanned over the thread on Dingoonity and the highest I saw was 950mhz but I probably just missed it. I'm hoping to be able to overclock this beefier A8 over the 1ghz mark. Do you know what people have gotten the updated G18 up to?

Last edited by a moderator:
skelton on dingoonity forum's page 76 as played he's S601 @ 1Ghz for over 2x hours no problems at all - no sure about the yinlips G18 sorry - I'm looking forward to the G16 hate waiting lol :p

SuperMarcoVer said:
I've got the updated G18 and it can run at 1,1 ghz. Normally it runs on 1 ghz.

The S601 is meant to be 800Mhz so 1Ghz aint bad at all - your upgrade version of G18 could go up to 1.5Ghz if you could overclock it...

You can. Read this:

http://yinlips-ydpg18-forum.2315615.n4.nabble.com/Just-received-YDPG18-2-3-4-cpu-max-1152-td4441574.html

SuperMarcoVer said:
You can. Read this:

http://yinlips-ydpg18-forum.2315615.n4.nabble.com/Just-received-YDPG18-2-3-4-cpu-max-1152-td4441574.html

Cool... BTW I have now got my S601 running @ 1Ghz lol and a beckmark with quadrent standard it scored highr then a galaxy tab 2475 :)

So, is there any indication that JXD will be replacing the S601 at any point in the next couple of months? These devices are being released very rapidly, and currently the S601 looks like the best option to me... and its dirt cheap... but it has been out for a few months, and there are some features I wish it had. Such as a higher resolution screen.

Also, would it be possible for anyone who owns an S601 to load up The Secret of Evermore in your favorite SNES emulator and play it for a bit to see how the sound, graphics and controls work? The Caanoo running PocketSNES 7.2 fails miserably with this game (horrible sound problems mainly), and I won't be buying anything that can't run some of my favorite SNES titles. Really, SNES and Genesis compatibility are the most important things for me.

If someone has a Yinlips G18 and could test the same game on that system, that'd be awesome as well!

Thank you for testing it!

Are you using a version of Snes9x that comes on the G18, or a downloaded one? I tried SuperGNES Lite on my Touchpad running Android and it works quite well. The sound is pretty much perfect and the game runs quite smooth (a few jitters here and there). Sadly, you have to pay for the full version to be able to load save states... but it is an excellent emulator none the less.

Snesoid on the other hand is a mess... it has the same exact problems as PocketSNES on the Caanoo... and this is on a dual core 1.5Ghz tablet with a gig of RAM and an Adreno 220 GPU, so it certainly isn't a lack of power.

Hopefully someone can do the same with an S601. =)

Here's a little video of it running on G18.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdfl8IDeE0E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Don't know what i'm doing and i'm playing with one hand. :)

Back