jxd s601 or v5200

licisik

Still Fresh
I've been reading about these two gaming devices and ive come to turn with that i can't really tell whats the different between them. (besides the price)

I just bought a s601 and its still in the mail, bought it for 81$ and got a 15$ 3-year warranty on it, so im pretty stoked on that.

Ive been reading that the v5200 is more of like an ipod touch function, right? And the s601 is more of an emulator android.

But i'm unsure of which one has the better processor and which one is more to do well with gaming on the classic games, I was thinking more along the s601 but im little unsure now.

Which one lags more, or does that depend on the game?

What are your guys thoughts? :)

V5200 is weaker in processing power.

If I was you I'd wait for the JXD 5110 (which comes out in approximately 2 weeks time), because it's almost prefect in every conceivable way.

Last edited by a moderator:
V5200 is weaker in processing power.

If I was you I'd wait for the JXD 5110 (which comes out in approximately 2 weeks time), because it's almost prefect in every conceivable way.

o man i wish i knew about this earlier. I'm just gonna see how my 601 goes for now when i get it, but i don't also wanna spend around $150. I'm a broke college kid :(

JXD S601 (PSP clone) is a pretty nice console, (it's one I've been supporting) the S5110 (PSVita clone), and S5100 (NDS clone) all have the same internals, only difference is screen size and casing.

even when comparing to the yinlips.. they're all basically the same, some run some things smoother than others, but they're all generally the same. Each has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

This is V5200 is a step backwards IMO, unknown processor and a GPU the same generation as the pandora... which isn't that bad thing a thing really, just not as good as a mali 400

JXD S601 (PSP clone) is a pretty nice console, (it's one I've been supporting) the S5110 (PSVita clone), and S5100 (NDS clone) all have the same internals, only difference is screen size and casing.

even when comparing to the yinlips.. they're all basically the same, some run some things smoother than others, but they're all generally the same. Each has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

This is V5200 is a step backwards IMO, unknown processor and a GPU the same generation as the pandora... which isn't that bad thing a thing really, just not as good as a mali 400
hows the internet?
and can it save game data like the pokemon stuff?

and does it come with all ps1games like spiderman and star wars? or do i have it download them?

I didn't buy it for its internet browsing, the low screen resolution and resistive touch kinda steer me away from its media playing abilities as well. The camera likewise sucks... but this is a gameing device...

However, console emulation after you update your firmware to one of the 800mhz ones is where its at. While not the absolute best I've seen on a handheld... it is the absolute best I've seen on anything under $100... by a lot.

You have to acquire roms like you suggest from somewhere, as only a few roms are bundled. I don't think any should be bundled but that's me.... and the law of the land is on my side on that one :pThe emulation after you replace the stock emulators with other ones from the various android markets work great... they have all the features you would want like save/load state, save sram, fast forward, button customization and cheat code support.Also a lot of them offer stuff like filters and up scaling to make games look better than they did originally (objectively)

Last edited by a moderator:
just got my jxd! Andriod do you know any sites where i could download the gba games for my jxd?

Back