Which distro to use? (Poll)

Which distro(s) are you completely against using?

• Android (Very user-friendly, good app support, large userbase, but not a "full" version of

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BSD (Low support, few packages, bad ARM support)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Android is not a distro.

Btw the poll function should really be restricted to specific members, there is really no end to the crappy polls these days.
It kind of is, it's just, in my opinion, a really crappy one.

With the recent Debian switch to systemd, i'd say fuck Debian.
I did a bit of research quickly, and I noticed that there was some sort of vote to either use or not use systemd.  I look at some post that were talking about the NSA.  Is systemd suspected to have a NSA backdoor in it?

Edit: Or some other reason? 

-Glyph Reader

Last edited by a moderator:
There is still years left on wheezy, where everything works, armhf support and multiarch.

Jessie has it on by default, but at least for the time being it can be swapped for OpenRC or back to SysVinit.

There is still years left on wheezy, where everything works, armhf support and multiarch.

Jessie has it on by default, but at least for the time being it can be swapped for OpenRC or back to SysVinit.
In that case, I see no reason to not use Debian. 

-Glyph Reader

"Major" distros shoot themselves in the foot, and the users are paying the price.

Lennart Poettering sucks, everyone knows it, but nobody moves to stop him.

There is slackware and mageia, but the latter doesnt have an arm port.

I think the debian vote was to keep init-systems interoperatable, hoping openRC progresses enough to be viable once (if) that isnt the case anymore in the future.

Binary logfiles, not a unix program in every possible sense that is a bad thing. The exception being that sysv is getting old, which is another matter to fix.

The discussion is very much already out there, but it doesnt matter so long as redhat money controls things.

And their biggest contractor isnt the goodguys.

All matters aside, for what it is, its bad. For everything else, there is plausable deniability.

There's plenty of issues.

It breaks a basic rule : If it's not broken, don't fix it. Classic init methods work.

It's intrusive. Now, there's some software which doesn't even compile without systemd.

Those two point are enough for me.

I'll add that it's made by a guy who sucks. He's behind the /media fiasco, he's behind the pulse audio fiasco, and i'm pretty sure to find more on him but I have things more interesting to do.

Back