Where Are The News :)

mindlord said:
Some questions then...

So, the plastics company didn't need a final board to make adjustments with?

Or was one or more of the final boards already sent there?

They will still get one. But they can already do the non-critical parts.

Was the review process included in the 30-45 days of case mould creation or does the timer start now?

It was about 30 days for just mould creation and about 45 days for mould creation including the review.
It might change if they need to change something, but that's something we don't know yet :)
The first review went pretty good, so we're positive about it :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Was the review process included in the 30-45 days of case mould creation or does the timer start now?

It was about 30 days for just mould creation and about 45 days for mould creation including the review.
It might change if they need to change something, but that's something we don't know yet :)
The first review went pretty good, so we're positive about it :)

So, since the mold creation has started (July 21, according to the official blog), we may be less than 30 (business) days away from seeing production cases? Does around early September (week of the 7th) sound right for that?

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
Well, some quick news (I didn't have time to do a blog post, as I was in Leipzig at the GCO and needed to catch up on everything).

The 105 boards are finished, though I have no idea whether the MP company did take some pictures or if we have to wait until they arrive at Michaels place.
The review of the case is complete, mould creation started.
The TV Out Cables are being built, as soon as Michael gets the first final one, there will be pictures for sure :)
WiFi is getting better, everything works except reading the calibration data, the rest is fine. DJWillis is still at it.
And Michael is currently putting the new firmware on all of the nubs... joy :D

Jesus H. Christ - progress! Looks like the "2 more months" (tm) period is coming to a close with the start of mold creation. Can't wait for all these pictures that should be trickling in soon!

Sorry for not following so well. What are "non-critical" parts? I was under the assumption that everything was a critical part because even being 1mm more in any direction would result in not so happy times.

Are the non critical parts the shoulder buttons, face buttons and d-pad? Those are the only thing I could see being non-critical.

Not to sound unpleasant because I am quite glad to hear you guys are starting to get some good news (Poor Mweston though...) however, does this actually speed anything up? The countdown clock doesn't start until after they approve the case fitting with the MP board.

Couple of more questions, sorry, does Mweston have to test the *1* board that is going to China? I mean, should it matter if it doesn't power up? All they need to know is that it fits perfectly right? Or does that not buy us anytime to skip 1 board for testing?

About the 105 boards, seeing as it took quite awhile to make them, how many boards do you think can be manufactured in the span of time to create all the moulds and get them shipped? Also, is some kind of coordination happening? Or are all the boards staying at Texas and the cases are getting shipped to texas to be assembled and then shipped to Germany/England? I know that was the plan before but I was wondering (to speed up delivery) if plans have changed. I am trying to get a ballpark figure in my head of when we will actually see the Pandora in our hands.

And my final question, when should Mweston be receiving these boards? :) This information would greatly help us pan out the unofficial roadmap a little better. It seems like late Oct/ early Nov, but seriously guys GREAT JOB! HOME STRETCH! Round past third and take it home!

Thanks for your time.

Are the non critical parts the shoulder buttons, face buttons and d-pad? Those are the only thing I could see being non-critical.
Presumably they don't need a board to do the upper half of the clamshell.

Adventus said:
Presumably they don't need a board to do the upper half of the clamshell.

That's true. They could have the lcds and speakers. Didn't think of that.

This does make me wonder one question: if they didn't need a board to do some of the non-critical stuff, why did they wait until the boards were read before starting these non-critical parts?

I don't think they could have started earlier, because they had to wait for Dave's final tweaks, then the 15 day review time - which brings us up to yesterday.

Back