When Firing Up, Mame Auto-runs, Cannot Stop It

monkeyra

Still Fresh
Hi all.

Just got my GP2X this morning, and in my excitement to get something running on it, I downloaded the MAME emulator from here. Installed in on the machine, lovely jubbly.

Apart from everytime I turn on my GP2X, it automatically loads MAME, and thats annoying as I haven't installed and ROMS yet, so I get the error message saying there are no games.

It wouldn't be too bad if I could exit MAME to install some ROMS!

How do I stop it from firing up everytime? (Apart from removing the SD card which is in installed on)

Ahhhh, solved it.

I moved the autorun file from the root of the SD card :)

I'm going to enjoy this! :D

You can alternatively turn off autostart from the options menu. mame is my default startup app too. I love turning my gp2x on and showing ppl the list of mame games. :)

I'd like to see the DS or PSP do that!

erm... what?!

I didn't even know you COULD have an app auto-run on bootup! (I guess this is partly because I've not bothered with the wizzy replacement menu program) gad I'm such a noob at times :unsure:

I would find that auto-run ability very handy, how d'you do it? is a certain version of firmware necessary? (I'm using 2.0)

erm... what?!

I didn't even know you COULD have an app auto-run on bootup! (I guess this is partly because I've not bothered with the wizzy replacement menu program) gad I'm such a noob at times :unsure:

I would find that auto-run ability very handy, how d'you do it? is a certain version of firmware necessary? (I'm using 2.0)

Go under system setings, enable autorun, create a script to run your app/emu/thingy named 'autorun.gpu', voila! At bootup, whatever you setup in your autrun script will launch. Gmenu2X uses this, so you can look at that script as an example (be sure to use something like Programmer's notepad, using Unix extension)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back