My Gp2x Keeps Booting Into Mame, Every Time I Turn It On? :(

MustangGT

Still Fresh
Hi Guys :)

I got my GP2X delivered on Saturday morning. I was so excited!! :D

So i tried it out straight away... i downloaded Mame from the GP2X file archive, and loaded it up with a rom to test, which was Double Dragon.

The rom was old, so i think it was not compatible or it was a clone, one of the two. Anyway i got the error saying cannot load, press A button. When i press A, it takes me back to the Mame menu, and from there i cannot exit back to the GP2X menu. Even when i power it off for a while then back on, it goes through the GP2X loading screen, then immediately boots into Mame. :(

LOL i cant stop it. Do you have any ideas for me?

Thanks alot

MGT

have a look onto your sd card. there should be sort of a script which probably points to the mame executable. eventually it could be named something along the lines of "autorun.gpe". delete that.

Ok, this bugged me, since I remembered someone else had this exact problem.

I just checked, and indeed ... the MAME archive includes 2 autorun.gpu scripts ... I have no idea why these files have been RECENTLY included in the package, since they weren't there when I got this latest version.

ALSO, there's no mention of it in the README file.

Someone needs to contact Franxis about this ....

TelcoLou posted on Mar 5 2007 at 07:58 PM said:
Ok, this bugged me, since I remembered someone else had this exact problem.

I just checked, and indeed ... the MAME archive includes 2 autorun.gpu scripts ... I have no idea why these files have been RECENTLY included in the package, since they weren't there when I got this latest version.

ALSO, there's no mention of it in the README file.

Someone needs to contact Franxis about this ....

Yes, the autorun scripts are available in the last version if you want to use them. Usually, the autorun feature is disabled in the GP2X system menu. If you want to enable the autorun, MAME GP2X supports the auto-run with the mentioned scripts. If you don't want the auto-run, you should disable the option in the GP2X system menu or delete the scripts...

Personally i don't use them.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, thanks for the help.

When i get home from work tonight, will remove the SD card anf format it, and start over. Basically i got the SD the day before the GP2X arrived so it is all new.

lol, best way to learn, is to bugger it up in the beggining. :D

Thanks Guys

MGT

Back