Mame 0.34 Problems

d_lamer2003

Still Fresh
I downloaded the MAME 0.34 from the gp2x download site and then put it on the sd card of my gp2x.
Then downloaded some roms from some websites I found around the net.
I put the roms (in zip form) in the folder /Mamegp2x/roms and when I go to start the roms, mame 0.34 finds the roms, but when I try to load a game, I get the following errros
E.g. "Loading Metal slug"…..
Mslug_p1.rom
Mslug_s1.rom
Ng-sfix.rom
Unable to open ROM
Error reading ROMS
Unable to initialize machine emulatiion
LOAD FAILED: Press A button

Any game I try to load I get a similar error. The games I am putting in the roms directory are the games which should work according to the games.txt file.
What is the problem,any help appreciated :)?

craigix posted on Aug 15 2006 at 10:22 PM said:
Use the neogeo emu, it is a lot faster and easier for neogeo.

Metal slug was just an example of a game :), I know its a neo geo (snk) game he he.
I wish I could make other mame games work though ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
Say, that looks like a link to a site that supplies illegal ROMS. :eek:

* Bookmarks before the mods swoop in *

sounds like the roms your downloading aren't the right rom set. Most likely the files inside the zip file are named differently than what mame2x is looking for.

Aimless_E posted on Aug 15 2006 at 11:33 PM said:
sounds like the roms your downloading aren't the right rom set. Most likely the files inside the zip file are named differently than what mame2x is looking for.

I checked that and they are named correctly, I also tried to go to this website, http://www.clrmame.com/
Its states on the readme file that it will convert the roms I downloaded to the correct rom version. But I could not find any link where to download the "clrmame.dat" as stated on the readme file.

d_lamer2003 posted on Aug 16 2006 at 08:23 AM said:
Aimless_E posted on Aug 15 2006 at 11:33 PM said:

I checked that and they are named correctly, I also tried to go to this website, http://www.clrmame.com/
Its states on the readme file that it will convert the roms I downloaded to the correct rom version. But I could not find any link where to download the "clrmame.dat" as stated on the readme file.

clrmame.dat comes with the MAME emulator. clrmame is a bit of an art to use, but if you mess around with it for long enough you will be able to produce a 0.34 compatible rom set. I never did get Cabal to work with 0.34, so if anyone can help me with this....

Back