What's Up With The Lock Switch?

guyjin

Still Fresh
So how come most of the emulators ignore the lock switch? The official software recognizes it, but none of the emulators do.

It's annoying, 'cuz I like to be able to just be able shove it in my pocket at a moments notice, and I can't do that as is.

is there some reason they can't read the state of that switch? or is it just the fact that it's new and they haven't got to it yet?

guyjin said:
So how come most of the emulators ignore the lock switch? The official software recognizes it, but none of the emulators do.

It's annoying, 'cuz I like to be able to just be able shove it in my pocket at a moments notice, and I can't do that as is.

is there some reason they can't read the state of that switch? or is it just the fact that it's new and they haven't got to it yet?

Its probably the way applications access the controls, maybe SDL takes into account the lock, but the gpio doesnt?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd dare to call it a hardware error, lock switch that only works when the software respects it? Uhm... Where do one even start to explain the problem with that concept..

That'd be the same as doing pr-application volume control, so that if you turn the volume down before entering a game, the volume would be reset when entering the game... Oh wait, they did that too :D

Atleast their display is amazingly simple to control, as long as you don't mind diagonal tearing, which, like the rest, have to be fixed from software.

So it's been a few years since I programmed anything, and I've never done anything linux based.
Would it be possible to create a program for the Wiz that, when run, just watches for the lock switch, then jumps in and freezes whatever program is running ATM? or does Linux not work that way?

Back