Power/lock switch on Pyra vs. Pandora

Original poster was concerned that he needed to be able to pause/play audio on the Pyra and is currently using the power switch to put his Pandora into and out of standby to get this effect.
Correct. Also that with the various proposals for media keys on the shoulders, there needs to be a way to prevent accidental activation in-pocket.

To my understanding the Pyra will have a lid switch. It should probably have several selectable actions.

Standby mode. Reduced power profile, phone radios active.

Reduced power standby mode. Reduced power profile, all radios off.

Shutdown. Powers down the system. Why anyone would use it this way, don't know.

Media mode. Screen off, radios on, shoulder buttons change profile to media control buttons, login screen when opened.

How to prevent accidental presses during media mode:

Have all media actions result from chording the shoulders. Example:

Play/stop: both left shoulders chorded

Next track: both right shoulders chorded

Previous track: L1 and R1 chorded

Stop and go into true standby mode: L2 and R2 chorded.

It can be done, but it can also get convoluted. In theory, with 4 shoulders up to 15 actions can be chorded (16th variation is no presses = no action).
I may sacrifice security for convenience and bypass the login screen. :)

Given the placing of the shoulder buttons, I imagine that it will be quite likely for both right/left buttons to be activated at the same time, accidentally. I suggested a modal locking system with such chorded presses used for locking and unlocking. Also, I think needing to press buttons on both sides of the device (like R1+L1) would be overly awkward.

I do like the idea of using shoulder buttons for standby, but I think that they should be on the same side, held for a longer time than for locking.

Back