Power switch/Hold state- idea/question

gotwake424

I use my pandora to listen to music for about 4 hours a day and I got to thinking. The biggest hassle is that I like to pick a song/playlist/album then turn the hold switch on to make sure I don't change the song with the shoulder buttons. The hold switch is really nice because it allows me to still adjust the volume without being able to accidentally hit any others. 

However It's kinda a pain to turn the hold switch off without sending my pandora into "stand-by" mode. 

Would there be anyway to make it so that the pandora would ignore the the standby command when putting the power switch back to neutral from the hold position? 

Thanks for reading

Blake

Should be doable.

Another solution, emulate the hold when the lid is closed.

I proposed a custom command/script option for lid closing/opening a while ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be doable.

Another solution, emulate the hold when the lid is closed.

I proposed a custom command/script option for lid closing/opening a while ago.
It would be a really convient thing too add ( for me at least) 

But if others don't want it, there's no point in doing extra work for something not a lot of people will use

If you activate hold while the lid is closed you have to open it everytime to use the shoulder buttons to change tracks...

I point out a strange thing I noted, if you put in standby AND on hold, and then open the lid and press the keyboard, the Pandora turns on, but with keys disabled... :huh:  seems like the hold state is ignored while in standby

Last edited by a moderator:
Hold Has to shut down the screen.

I don't care about buttons.

If I listen to music with the Pandora speakers it could save quite battery I think.

I can set Background light to 0 but it's not as battery friendly as Screen turned off.

Back