Can I remove or disable the switch lock?

Kelvin

Pixel Mercenary
Website
www.kelvinshadewing.net
I've had a few different people look at my Pandora, and nobody can fix the issue of the switch thinking it's being pushed left when pressure is put on the keyboard, and it's VERY easy to accidentally put too much pressure on when trying to type. Is it possible to prevent the thing from locking altogether? I've looked around in the settings but can't find an option to do it.

It's probably mapped to a keyboard key. I'd suggest starting xev (assuming it's in the default OS) and watching what happens when you switch it or put pressure on the keyboard. Using that you can probably use xmodmap to disassociate it with whatever it's currently associated with.

I'm afraid I don't know of a GUI to do any of this, so you'll have to open a terminal and start hacking, but there you go.

So, I have another issue with my power switch now. You know how when you hold the super key and hit the switch, it hard resets? Well, when I'm not even touching the switch, just pressing the super key causes a hard reset. I think the machine thinks the switch is being held at all times for some reason. Is there some way I can disable the power switch altogether? I'm gonna need to do this physically, as this even happens when I'm not logged in, so it's not a software issue. I need to make it so that my power switch does NOTHING at all, and no signal is received from it by any component. I mean, the device powers on by itself whenever I put in the battery or plug it in anyway, so it's not like I need it to turn it on, and if I need to hard reset for any reason, I doubt pulling the battery would do any more harm to the system than using the super power shortcut.

Yes, I broke the switch on my unit entirely by accident. I forgot to put the piece back one time after taking my Pandora apart, and for a while used to lever the switch carefully with my fingernail to use it. One time I can't have been careful enough, and much have pushed the tongue of the switch either up or down, snapping it off. So you could do it that way, and the switch would be disabled.

But your probably may be more electrical than physical, and might require removing the switch from the board entirely to stop it triggering accidentally. It shouldn't be too hard with a little flux and a hot soldering iron to do it, and the suitable skill of course.

Back