What's The Geekiest Thing You've Ever Done?

I`m not sure if this could be classed as geeky, Or maybe even boarders on sad. :p

I had just brought a SAM coupe computer and had been playing on it the previous day (the day i actually got it) for 24 hours solid. Loading all the programs off demo tapes and typing out all the demo programs in the book, I was well chuffed. :D . Well this particular day (the day after the purchase), I was playing on the SAM, And there was a knock at the door. It happened to be my mum`s younger friend, Who i had fancied for ages (And my mum wasn`t in). She asked if she could wait in till my mum returned, Which she did. I only started showing off my new toy to the woman i fancied, Putting her through a torturing 30 minutes of silly sound effects and flashing lights until my mum returned, Poor woman.

Mmmmmm, It`s starting to sound more sad than geeky to me. :eek:

Well, We did end up getting together months later for a while anyway. Whether it was the flashing lights and silly sounds from my geeky toy that did it, I shall never know. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Blah said:
I often play Frets on Fire using the "keytar" (an upside-down spare keyboard with a neck strap made from printer cable wire). People think that's really geeky.
Guilty.

But it's so damn fun. Especially with a backlit keyboard, then you look really awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys mean a keytar or just a computer keyboard? Because if it's a real keytar, that's awesome. You need to dress up like you're in a new wave band to get the full effect, though.

trooper said:
I`m not sure if this could be classed as geeky, Or maybe even boarders on sad. :p

I had just brought a SAM coupe computer and had been playing on it the previous day (the day i actually got it) for 24 hours solid. Loading all the programs off demo tapes and typing out all the demo programs in the book, I was well chuffed. :D . Well this particular day (the day after the purchase), I was playing on the SAM, And there was a knock at the door. It happened to be my mum`s younger friend, Who i had fancied for ages (And my mum wasn`t in). She asked if she could wait in till my mum returned, Which she did. I only started showing off my new toy to the woman i fancied, Putting her through a torturing 30 minutes of silly sound effects and flashing lights until my mum returned, Poor woman.

Mmmmmm, It`s starting to sound more sad than geeky to me. :eek:

Well, We did end up getting together months later for a while anyway. Whether it was the flashing lights and silly sounds from my geeky toy that did it, I shall never know. :rolleyes:

Trooper
You casanova.

Watching Thundercats in a lesson at college while we were getting taught about Superstructure in building (doing a degree in Architectural Technology). Don't think thats geeky but thats all I've got. Everyone crowded round though and started to watch with me so it wasn't so bad.

made lara croft do the crawl cuz i was horny :D (and like 13 i might add)

p.s any1 seen my dignity :rolleyes:

Ravnos said:
Do you guys mean a keytar or just a computer keyboard? Because if it's a real keytar, that's awesome. You need to dress up like you're in a new wave band to get the full effect, though.

Its a keyboard.

...and winter-een-mas reminds me of Festivus from Seinfeld.

I watched all 85 episode of Pokémon Season 1 in one weekend, but I guess that isn't a geek thing. I've celebrated Winter-een-mas I think three times now, but I don't really consider it that geeky. Ah, I finally thought of something that may count, I bought a mouse with a fan inside.

A mouse with a fan inside? What kind of Genetic Testing lab did you get that from? All these people trying to play god. tsk tsk. :p

LOL.
Oh, and playing World of Warcraft. That was pretty geeky although I will admit there are a large number of girls that play, most of which are single mums in their late 20s. Yummy mummies? perhaps but their playing world of warcraft so i doubt it.

I had to read that three times to figure out what you meant. So I guess I should clarify that I meant the computer peripheral, yes I know, sort of ruins the joke, makes it look like I have no sense of humour, but oh well. And there's no such thing as girls on the internet, they're all 40 year old men pretending to be girls.

I feel better after reading some of these replies :p

* goes back to Animal Crossing *

this has to be one of the funniest threads i've ever read. :D

i used to have dreams about the NASM assembler. dont ask me why, i really dont know

I don't do many geeky things these days, but I did say "lol" to my boss during a yearly performance meeting and had to explain what it meant.

I think I got away with seeming young and odd rather than ultra nerdy.

Hah! I remember this really funny story that happened only about a year and a half just right now. Me and a friend who's got practically nothing to do with electronics and geeky stuff got terribly baked and sat in the kitchen of my old flat. One of my roommates was in and sorting out the trash.
My buddy was kinda grossed out by the stench and said "Woah man, it's really stinky in your guy's kitchen, does it stink like that in the cupboards too?" So I opened one and was like "Yeah man, it's like a global boolean, stink = true!"... that was fucking geeky. He didn't have any idea what the hell I was talking about but started to laugh at me for about 10 minutes. They are still making fun of me because of that. I realized how nerdy that was right after saying it but too late... there are things you better keep in your head. Well then again, we were pretty stoned so what the heck.

icurafu said:
I don't do many geeky things these days, but I did say "lol" to my boss during a yearly performance meeting and had to explain what it meant.

I think I got away with seeming young and odd rather than ultra nerdy.
That was my all time "geek" fear

Back