Whats Going On!

WizardStan said:
Prometheus said:
For some reason, talk of complaints about high prices reminds me of the time I saw someone turn up on one of the fake flash assistance sites to have a go at the volunteers there for warning people against fakes, because they were under the delusion that buying fake electronics and electricals is no different to buying a pair of fake Nikes at the market.
rolleyes.gif
You may have more luck likening it to a pair of fake jeans next time. It's all well and good until you bend just a little too far, then everyone can see your underoos through the split in your backside.
Haha, I never thought of that one.

I just can't believe that there are people out there who think that the only difference is that counterfeit devices cost less, but are otherwise similarly usable/safe. :blink:

Attachments

• rolleyes.gif
    rolleyes.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:
Monk said:
Fake Nikes could cause a serious accident! I can get quite a speed up, and if second-rate materials split apart when I'm trying to corner... Yike Nike! A sprained ankle at the very MINIMUM!

You could wrap yourself around a pole! Bits of sneaker everywhere...

EvilDragon said:
I never have a Ponytail. If my hair drops into the coffee, I'll have a nice smell of coffee in my nose for the rest of the day.
You should do something about that nosehair problem.
nosehair2.jpg

Attachments

• nosehair2.jpg
    nosehair2.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 106
craigix said:
Today I watched this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rfgmt/b00rfgl6/Fake_Britain_Fake_Goods/

Which if you can you should watch, it's the sort of thing I need people who complain about our seemingly high prices to see.

Fixed up some heating in the hall (this isn't finished and is a big job, several huge heat exchangers required to be installed).

Did various wiring jobs, fixed a water leak, and I'm going to pick up the first of the supplies for the assembly sometime this afternoon.

Chased up the moulding company, got some details of the LCD + battery shipment prices, just made sure everything will be arriving this month and that we will have what we need to get going when it arrives.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with EBV and more work setting things up.
So they were your heat exchanges UK BA chopped up to get the fags out. Yes. I can see how that would push up prices. :)

Edit: What of this Fund? ED's Paypal account? One condition. Out of the fund you get all helpers get a team T-shirt with the wording, "What's your order number?".

Yes you will live that done. Just not in this lifetime.

I finally got to watch it. Gods, that poor mother... :/

And that circuit-breaker was frightening, as was the alleged content of the fake drinks and cosmetics.

I do wish that they hadn't trotted out the "Poor Hollywood" thing in there, even if it was only for a few moments, though - as much as I understand the point they were trying to make with it, I felt that it brought the tone down a bit considering how most of the other counterfeits that were covered presented danger to human lives.

atari_eric said:
Monk said:
Fake Nikes could cause a serious accident! I can get quite a speed up, and if second-rate materials split apart when I'm trying to corner... Yike Nike! A sprained ankle at the very MINIMUM!

You could wrap yourself around a pole!

actually, thinking about some fo the Poles who have moved here in recent years, that may not be such a bad idea...

Today I slept in as I was exhausted, then I had a meeting with EBV about batch 2 and lead times, then I went to b&q to buy some needed equipment.

I worked on the appstore for a little, answered some emails, answered some press questions, ordered some double connecting flare bolts, read the forum.

If you guys are going to eat topics, that I've funded, all over my new Pandora whilst you're building it then I want it signed "May contain nuts".

EvilDragon said:
Just wanted to add: I am going to have some coffee right now.
What kind of coffee? Decaf, caffeine injected?

I'm kinda privy to using honey in my tea...

Woah, woah... hang on. I'm getting a signal from the main brain, if you know what I mean. It's telling me that I need to talk to all you fine folk about butter! Okay. No sweat. I can do that. Let's talk about butter, not the relative ability of sea horses off the coast of Brazil to dial the wrong number.

bigun talks about butter:
The best butter is army butter! You know, the kind Anne Francis used to natter on about endlessly in her later years. My junior half cousin once removed, added back, and thrice compounded on a semi-annually sliding scale determined by a computer-based rating engine once enlisted just for the butter! Only... He wound up in the Navy. Not quite the same sort of butter, I'm afraid.

another voice in bigun's head weighs in on butter:
The best butter is halfway-to-hell-I-just-saw-the-devil-and-he-was-eating-butter-sandwiches-with-Adolp-Hitler butter! Just don't fall into the churn. ;)

a third voice's opinion:
No, you're all wrong--the best butter is unpasturized Nigerian monkey milk butter! It's rather rare because a.) the monkey milk has to be imported into Nigeria, b.) it's illegal to import monkey milk into Nigeria, which means it has to be smuggled in, and c.) few Nigerians still know how to make it.

Okay, now that we've aired a few opinions regarding the best butter, here's how to make a wonderful tasty butter snack that many Americans--and by "Americans, I'm specifically referring to the stupid, ignorant, obese fucktards currently infesting the United States) enjoy:

Take three pounds of real butter (12 sticks) and mix
Mix 2 pounds of sourcream together at room temperature
Mix until creamy
Add bacon to taste

Is it butter, or is it Parkay? It's butter, dammit!

The original concern never did concern me. It was really an item for Pete the Bowser, more or less. (Preferably less!)

The dairy farmer's place is in the back of his sense of apathy towards change and epileptics. You ever see a dairy farmer inconvenience himself for the sake of an epileptic? I didn't think so.

Make mine Moxy. Moxy brand butter, that is!

If your looking for fresh unpasteurized butter, you better not look in Burma. You just better not. Well, you certainly can look there, but i don't recommend it!

I want to make my family die. Woops--sorry, that didn't come out quite right. What I meant was "I want to take a family ride." I want to take a family ride but I do not want to offend the location with embarrassing, shameful, inferior butter.

I totally lifted this by the way.... Man I need to get better... *goes to lay down*

Frosted butts

craigix said:
read the forum.
Woah woah woah woah now! You have time to read the forum? BACK IN THE MINES!

WizardStan said:
Woah woah woah woah now!  You have time to read the forum?  BACK IN THE MINES!

Craig Rothwell has canceled Dig: Interrupted by hoary marmot

WizardStan said:
craigix said:
read the forum.
Woah woah woah woah now! You have time to read the forum? BACK IN THE MINES!
Sometimes I feel that reading the forum causes negative progress, not because the time could be better spent, but because dealing with all the cunts, douchebags, and general assholes eventually leads to stress.

atomicthumbs said:
WizardStan said:

As long as it's not anything with Skeletal, Zombie, or Carp in the name, I think we're safe.

Warpshade said:
atomicthumbs said:
WizardStan said:

As long as it's not anything with Skeletal, Zombie, or Carp in the name, I think we're safe.

Warpshade was eaten by a grue.

Back