Whats Going On!

dobsonator

Still Fresh
im starting to thing i will never get my pandora. the OP team posted that the chinese have started to work again but that was nearly two weeks ago and i havnt heard anything since. what is the currunt stage of the pandoras. are they being made in the factory yet, are they already made to be despached or are there massive holdups. some one shed some light.

Well, First I recommend you check out the Unofficial Blog page www.pandorapress.net

From there you can read any significant updates.

But at the moment Fatih (foreign affairs) has said the parts will arrive in the UK for assembly on the 22nd of march. So who knows how long after that until they're sent to customers.

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?
We've been told everything will be in the UK and ready for assembly on the 22nd, and you STILL want more information? Would you like to know what Craigix had for breakfast? The last time MWeston went to the bathroom? The gruesome details of when EvilDragon and his sexy, sexy girlfriend go out together?
Everything will be in the UK on the 22nd, that's all I need to know. What more do you think there is to know and why do you think you need to know it?

WizardStan said:
Seriously? SERIOUSLY?
We've been told everything will be in the UK and ready for assembly on the 22nd, and you STILL want more information? Would you like to know what Craigix had for breakfast? The last time MWeston went to the bathroom? The gruesome details of when EvilDragon and his sexy, sexy girlfriend go out together?
Everything will be in the UK on the 22nd, that's all I need to know. What more do you think there is to know and why do you think you need to know it?
Another Grumpy day? :p

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
On CeBIT ED confirmed the 22nd march another time, he also named 15th and 18th of march. I think one was about the boards and one about the plastic parts. ED also said that there is a "padding" between the 22nd and when they start working. They are worried that an additional delay (which is unlikely but could happen) would delay assembly, so they would sit around for 5 days or so with no work. Thats why they will meet a bit later than the 22nd to assemble the Pandoras.
He also said that not everyone can or should help with assembly once more. ED said those who repaired notebook for years or those working in the technical sector and who really take their time for it are invited tho.

Well we don't like to say too much anymore because a) our information always relies on other people/companies and B) when ever we are let down our predictions are quoted and thrown back in our faces and we get the blame.

However, I'd expect a significant number (about 500-1000 units) should have been shipped by this time next month.

It is now just a situation of getting all the bits (cases, boards) here in the UK, then the team + assistants here, and building them.

What I am personally doing at the moment is preparing the hall for the work, as always this job is more work than you may imagine.

Then I have to prepare to have maybe 8 people staying in my house too.

Then I'll have to make sure the cellar is well stocked, and the larder, oh and any paypal donations to that drink+food fund will be gladly received! Maybe we could sign your case on the battery compartment with a knife to say thanks (no idea if that would look good).

Oh and I have to set up that webcam (with sound?) too. Maybe we can have a big brother style close up with audio now and again to report what is happening.

That's about all the news right now.

craigix said:
Well we don't like to say too much anymore because a) our information always relies on other people/companies and B) when ever we are let down our predictions are quoted and thrown back in our faces and we get the blame.

However, I'd expect a significant number (about 500-1000 units) should have been shipped by this time next month.

It is now just a situation of getting all the bits (cases, boards) here in the UK, then the team + assistants here, and building them.

What I am personally doing at the moment is preparing the hall for the work, as always this job is more work than you may imagine.

Then I have to prepare to have maybe 8 people staying in my house too.

Then I'll have to make sure the cellar is well stocked, and the larder, oh and any paypal donations to that drink+food fund will be gladly received! Maybe we could sign your case on the battery compartment with a knife to say thanks (no idea if that would look good).

Oh and I have to set up that webcam (with sound?) too. Maybe we can have a big brother style close up with audio now and again to report what is happening.

That's about all the news right now.
Sounds good Craig! Thanks for the post! Please post the paypal link, and I will be more than happy to send some funds to help feed the masses once assembly actually starts! No booze with my funds though, until all 4000 have shipped. Then you can all go CRAZY!

Chris

Hi Craig I tried to PM you but it says your not accepting PM's so please get in touch.. this is what I wanted to say anyway

"Hi Craig.. This is an offer to help with the production line on the Pandoras.. I have been fixing laptops for 8 years I do roughly 80 a week.. check us out on www.notebookrepair.co.uk.. GPU repairs and serious MB problems, Also Ipod and Xbox 360s.. I have also repaired many PSPs (as you probably know much more fiddly than our precious Pandora), and would love to come and help you guys build the Pandoras all I want in return is my Pandora when I have finished the weeks work.. Please let me know ASAP so I can book the time off work. I need at least 7 days notice"

mvickers03 said:
Hi Craig I tried to PM you but it says your not accepting PM's so please get in touch.. this is what I wanted to say anyway

"Hi Craig.. This is an offer to help with the production line on the Pandoras.. I have been fixing laptops for 8 years I do roughly 80 a week.. check us out on www.notebookrepair.co.uk.. GPU repairs and serious MB problems, Also Ipod and Xbox 360s.. I have also repaired many PSPs (as you probably know much more fiddly than our precious Pandora), and would love to come and help you guys build the Pandoras all I want in return is my Pandora when I have finished the weeks work.. Please let me know ASAP so I can book the time off work. I need at least 7 days notice"

That sounds pretty cool, but you might have to sleep in the front room as I've only got 4 bedrooms. You are welcome to take your Pandora away with you.

will you OP be able to tally up how many they sent each day? or do you guys have a estimate of how many will ship each day from the UK?

kjohn said:
will you OP be able to tally up how many they sent each day? or do you guys have a estimate of how many will ship each day from the UK?

The first day or two might be slow as we optimise the assembly process, then it should speed up quickly. Until we start I can't really estimate.

Hey Craig, since your in a question answering mood I've got one for ya! Are all 4000 unit parts expected on the 22nd? Or just a portion? Just curious, I'm assuming all 4000, but I wasn't sure!

Thanks,
Chris

jumpman said:
Hey Craig, since your in a question answering mood I've got one for ya! Are all 4000 unit parts expected on the 22nd? Or just a portion? Just curious, I'm assuming all 4000, but I wasn't sure!

Thanks,
Chris

For everything but the boards, yes. The boards is still unknown. We will have some but maybe not all, but that isn't a big deal as we don't need them all at first, they can arrive as we make the consoles.

If we have 1000 in March that is easily enough to keep us going for the first week.

Rejoice my friends, for Pandora's time is near!
Prophet.gif

craigix said:

Yes, we can send money through paypal for snacks and spirits. Not too much vodka though, respect your limits while assembling my Pandora! :p

craigix said:
jumpman said:

Thanks,
Chris

For everything but the boards, yes. The boards is still unknown. We will have some but maybe not all, but that isn't a big deal as we don't need them all at first, they can arrive as we make the consoles.

If we have 1000 in March that is easily enough to keep us going for the first week.
That's good news! I figured you guys wouldn't be able to assemble "everything" at the outset anyway. I was more concerned about the mould factory and there cases/k.mats all being there. As they are always the "X" factor here. The board factory has always been good about there output, so even if they ship as they complete, hopefully you guys can stay busy until all 4000 can be completed(without any long breaks in assembly)! Good luck, and don't forget to post the Paypal link closer to assembly, I'm more than happy to make a donation!

Chris

craigix said:
jumpman said:

Thanks,
Chris

mmmmm, so what can you tell us about the boards?

shipped? whats the factory doing? delays? reviews?

jumpman said:
Sounds good Craig! Thanks for the post! Please post the paypal link, and I will be more than happy to send some funds to help feed the masses once assembly actually starts! No booze with my funds though, until all 4000 have shipped. Then you can all go CRAZY!

Chris

Craig,

I second this. I'd happily through a few bucks your direction to feed the crew!

B

Back