What would you like to see?

Well shucks. I was pretty sure there was a demo, but I can't find one either. And neither of us want to try warez links.

In the meantime, i found two games worth trying : SimCity 3000 and Runaway. The first one is the famous city-builder, the second one the game who brought back the point&click genre.

The links provided come from a trusted french site, I know it well and it's simple to use so you can download it with your eyes closed ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if ED is still looking at this thread, but something I'd like to see is what the Pyra's screen looks like outside in sunlight (ie, if it's actually visible).

I find the Pandora impossible to use in most sunny weather

Strange: I often used Pandora in Sunlight, whyle Vita and 3DS Failed..

Funfakt:

Some Yeahrs ago, whe used to go to the Rally Germany, and between the Races, i wantet to Play WRC on my PSP, but it was to sunny and i ditnt saw enything..

the Next time i used my DS Light whit a GBA Rally Game and it was fine..

Strange: I often used Pandora in Sunlight, whyle Vita and 3DS Failed
There's been a few different "qualities" of screen over the years. The screen on my original Pandora is most definitely the best. My rebirth could not be seen in sunlight, or possibly even just a very bright room. My 1Ghz did pretty well up until I dropped it one day and shattered the screen. Swapped the board into my original's case (easier than swapping the screen).Apparently there's some gamma settings you can play with to improve it.

But on the topic, yes, I would also like to see the screen under intense light. Not sure how well a video camera would actually be able to capture that though, digital cameras don't do contrast nearly as well as our analog eyes, so what looks bad on camera may be only a little light in reality.

Apparently there's some gamma settings you can play with to improve it.
Well, that's I was told - but that's not what happens when you adjust the gamma, and everything gets whiter - not brighter - and too the point where you can't actually differentiate colours on the screen

Maybe one day there will be a fitting e-paper with rapid refreshing rates...

There is a run away version for the nintendo ds which coul work with drastic.

There is a run away version for the nintendo ds which coul work with drastic.
Is this a Rally Game ??

I knew there was a WRC Part Anounced for the 3DS, but dotnt know if its ever was released..

The GBA Had a lot of good Racing games, but then they all went to the PSP

Don't know if ED is still looking at this thread, but something I'd like to see is what the Pyra's screen looks like outside in sunlight (ie, if it's actually visible).

I find the Pandora impossible to use in most sunny weather
Interested as well to see how the screen looks outdoors.

I can't tell if Star Trek Online might be a possibility on the Pyra with something like ExaGear.  What should I consider when looking at system requirements for such things?

No need to bother with it unless someone already wanted to try it out.  I would just like a "maybe" or "not a chance".

Full speed Sharp X68000 emulation would be great if the unit has enough power.
What's wrong with px68k on the Pandora?
Maybe he did not try it yet?   :)
I never had a Pandora. I was one of the early pre-orderers but cancelled as I decided to stick with my beloved GP2X. Just lurking on these boards and finding out that the X68000 has been emulated on Pandora has got me very excited at the prospect of full speed and flawless emulation on Pyra. If we can get perfect emulation of the Atari ST, Sharp X68000 and Amiga A1200 on this unit along with a good dos box emu then that'll do very nicely for me. Everything else is just a bonus

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you try KDE? Not sure if there's really much to "see" (unless you wanted to fiddle with some of the desktop effects), but was interested to see what options we had

I would be interested in that too, just to see how the performance is > used a KDE Edition from some Debian derivate some weeks ago, just to test some things out on a C2D ~1.8GHz/2GB RAM/1.8" SSD - subnotebook and it was surpisingly slow.

Back