What Would You Get? A Psp2 Or A Pandora?

Different shits

• PSP2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pandora

• I''ll wait and see

• Total voters

Phawx

Professional Derailer
CODE
http://kotaku.com/5160320/perry-psp-2-is-real-could-hit-this-fall

I`m not even interested in gaming-only devices anymore. Unless the PSP2 has a keyboard, a touchscreen, an SD slot, a Linux-based OS with no DRM, and a lower price point than the Pandora, I don`t even care about it.

Seems to be very premature and there is a lot of speculation in this article.

@ skeezix: Because there is no middle ground. You're either with Fanboy Group 1 or Fanboy Group A.
If you have both, you're a traitor.

Although in this case, they're totally different systems: Pandora is a general-purpose UMPC, whereas PSP is cheaper gaming-and-media-only affair.

Perhaps a more interesting question is, what would the big gaming hardware companies have to produce to get you to buy that instead of the Pandora?

If somebody produced something exactly like the Pandora, I guess I would buy whichever one came out first, unless one clearly had superior software.
But nobody else seems to be interested in the UMPC market the way Pandora is.

Last edited by a moderator:
The digital downloads system is highly lickly to be windows only, thus Im not interested. I may get a Pandora from the second+ batch, but am waiting for it to prove itself first.

Even if the PSP2 was double the spec for half the price I'd still go with Open Pandora.

If you're lucky, it will be PSP-only, and you won't have ANY access to what runs and doesn't run on the PSP.

"I may get a Pandora from the second+ batch, but am waiting for it to prove itself first."

That's what I'm doing. I like the Pandora, but I don't want to commit to a purchase until I've seen what other people think of it.

Pandora, all the way. As has been stated, the PSP2 probably won't be hacked for quite some time, if at all. It would have to have a killer lineup for me to even consider buying one. Also, I doubt the PSP2 is hitting this fall for the same reason I doubt it will have a good enough lineup to interest me (unless it supports homebrew): all the killer games which were speculated to be in development for the PSP2 launch were just announced for the PSP1. Mainly LittleBigPlanet and Motorstorm, but also Assassins Creed and Rock band.
I could see the PSP2 launching next year, but I think I will be happy with the PSP's killer lineup this year. I also hope to buy a Pandora in the future.

After I've seen this, nothing can even compare. Unless it has a keyboard, 2 analog sticks, big resolution, and modding capabilities etc then I probably won't even want it. I was pretty disappointed in the DSi.

Honestly, I'm sick of Sony's abuse. Also, the gpxx scene has alot of overlap with PSP but alot of stuff easier. Also, this seems kind of sketchy, and also seems more like a DS to DSi type thing than a true new handheld. Hacks won't exist for a long time I'm sure, and the pandora will still probably have just about as good power

I would cast my vote but I'm just off to stand outside Sainsburys to conduct a poll on what supermarket people prefer...

Hmm... a device that I know a lot about, or a device with purely speculative capabilities.

Other than the tentative connection of this moot poll what does this even have to do with the Pandora?

That certainly looks like pure speculation. David Perry has been in the video game industry for 25 years, so if he really wanted to work with Sony, he knows he could not afford to spread rumours or, even worse, information about a brand new Sony. If what he says is true he's probably lost all chance to work with them :)

I just want a powerful hanheld UMPC with keyboard, wifi, usb, linux, bluetooth and media capabilities: the epitome of versatility as far as I can tell, and I know I'll enjoy it more than my old Psion 5MX Pro. Pandora is my choice forever and ever.

Oh man... I can imagine so much possibilities that I'm drowning in my own saliva... glub glub

Hmmm open source, high performance, fully customizable pandora that I can run most my apps on and develop for(once I get there, which will be a while :p ) or a closed source, much slower, gaming only based console that will not allow homebrew period (until it is hacked) and it very, very much based on DRM.Sony has not delivered for the psp and they have not pushed the psp to its limits period.I do hope they will do a better job with the psp2 and I am interested in it but, until I get some assurance of it being a better system I will not purchase it.I may in the future though...When I get some cash anyway.For now I'm only focusing on the pandora and maybe getting involved in the omap4 chip.

Back