What Were You Most Looking Forward To

PoisonedV

Yeah, I'm a GIRL gamer, what of it?
Website
Visit site
I'm going to get a GP2X, and I'm really interested about what youwere most looking forward to before you got your GP2X? I am most looking forward to being able to play old school RPG's, Like the Mana series and Final Fantasy, and also the Zelda series. (never played the older, non gb titles)

I really just wanted a replace for the GP32 I sold a few months earlier, so I was mostly looking forward to:

c64 emulation
SID player
MAME
Spout
ScummVM

But I got some lovely surprises with good Amiga emulation, GNGeo, Nethack, Exult, Quake, Vektar, Sokoban, etc etc

NeoGeo! That was my only reason to trade in my gp32 for a gp2x. That and linux.

I most want to play NES, Genesis, SNES... going to use it as mp3-player also. Its unbelievable, that it can do even more!

Uh, I must write degree work first, must take off my debts, must fix a car, must work hard.. I must not thinking of gp2x yet...

Amstrad and SNES emulation - so I was a tad dissapointed, but thankfully there is WAY more to be excited about :)

was looking forward on seeing one of my games running on a handheld and creating games for it. I only bought it for deving and watching movies on the road.

Like many others, I had a GP32 before the GP2X. I got the the GP2X firstly b/c of the better screen and SD card support. I looked forward to one day having better SNES emulation and NeoGeo emulation. Both of which have happened. I was pleasantly surprised by eXult and a top notch Atari 2600 emulator.

Reaper

4gb of fullspeed nes, genesis, neogeo, atari st, mame games and Animes series on the subway (Burst angel and gunslinger lately). Still hoping for the psx to work! Perfect Snes is almost there, my mk1 at 285 with mmu hack and ram timing = perfect speed for some game(super punch out is great) without frame skip but not all rom work!

I am still looking forward to a fullspeed PCEngine emu with savestates. GP2XEngine just isn't there in speed nor showing all frames. The other 2 HU and CPCE just need savestates and turbo fire to be complete.

-Kensupen

I was looking forward to developing and the e-book reader.

Before getting the GP2X, I printed the text of an e-book and bound it.

I read most of the way through before it fell apart :)

I had a look at some e-book readers, but they all cost loads. I then found out about the GP2X and I haven't looked back.

Back