What software do we want from the Rebirth Competition?

I would like a better N64 emulator, too.

(Perhaps we should collect some money for the one who makes the emulator. Some $ Bounty for every game running nearly as good as Super Mario 64)

I would love to see Lo Wang on the Pandora , a Port of " Shadow Warrior " please :wub:

shadowwarriorlowang.jpg

How about an app that crawls Facebook dev pages to index the download links in a useful, browsable fashion?

abpja.jpg

Seriously though:

- A guitar chord reference that works similar to this . Throw in a simple tuner function for bonus points.

- Some sort of MP3 DJing app like the many available for Android, but with USB controller support.

- Improved MAME 106 (GUI & controls)

- FBA

I also have high hopes for FlashMenu (see beta forum) which will be one of the entries.

How about an app that crawls Facebook dev pages to index the download links in a useful, browsable fashion?
couldn't that be a plugin for existing 'appstore' interfaces.

---

Alternatively, write a repo theme that looks just like facebook, then redirect Pandora developers to that :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see some sort of HTML5 Canvas -> SDL hack so we can have HTML5 games at a decent speed.

nice! I really hope something that is platform independend like HTML 5 will become a popular standard for game development.

I'd like to see someone finish the Android project

nice! Android could create a lot of attention for the Pandora as it adds a comfortable UI for the click+run people.

Sharp MZ-800 emulator!

very nice :)

Besides some nice homebrew games, there are a few things I'd love to have...

A T2002 port would rock.Turrican 2 with Level Editor :)

Also, while I don't like Android, there are some nice games... so I think something like a wrapper (similar to Ginge) or like Pandebian for Android would be nice. Use our existing OS and drivers to run Android stuff :)

One idea I had since gp2x times was a GameBoy Emulator that supports full coloring of games. There was a tool called GBColorize where you could colorize GB games, but it was very limited (to GBC color palettes) and it only worked with a few games.

It would be nice to have tool where you could edit the sprites in the ROMs with full color and it exports an overlay file which a GB emulator could use to display games using that in full color :)

These overlay files could be shared, so the libary of colored games would grow...

Advanced versions could even increase the graphics resolution and you could make hires overlays for games... though that would probably be very complicated to code. The colorization shouldn't be too hard, it's similar to GameGenie cheat codes :)

And I love tools where non-developers can create games, like AGS, Game Editor, etc.

There is a Game Editor port, but it lacks sound and probably is a bit slow. Some Editor tool which allows users to create game without knowing how to code (but flexible enough to include some scripts, etc.) would be great :)

That's some things I'd love to see. Would be great, I think :)

And I love tools where non-developers can create games, like AGS, Game Editor, etc.

There is a Game Editor port, but it lacks sound and probably is a bit slow. Some Editor tool which allows users to create game without knowing how to code (but flexible enough to include some scripts, etc.) would be great :)

If anyone will be interesed, i can re-translate from PL to EN a excellent ROBBO KONSTRUKTOR for Atari XL/XE [Robbo Level Editor] in which you'll be able to make levels and separate custom ROBBO Game. These Levels can be exported into GNURobbo then or play directly in Atari 800 emulator of course.

robbo_konstruktor.png

Some type of software that pairs the ICP to the Pandora, so that you can close the Pandora using a TV Out and use the ICP just as the Pandora D-Pad, Nubs, ABXY, and Shoulders would be used. Start & Select could act as the Pandora button maybe. I think this has been mentioned before but nothing really solves it other than working in the emulators to use the external controller. That's too much of a pain, I would want something that is universal, working when the TV Out is enabled, lid closed, as a substitute for the Pandora's identical buttons.

Some type of software that pairs the ICP to the Pandora, so that you can close the Pandora using a TV Out and use the ICP just as the Pandora D-Pad, Nubs, ABXY, and Shoulders would be used. Start & Select could act as the Pandora button maybe. I think this has been mentioned before but nothing really solves it other than working in the emulators to use the external controller. That's too much of a pain, I would want something that is universal, working when the TV Out is enabled, lid closed, as a substitute for the Pandora's identical buttons.
YES.

As discussed here: http://boards.openpa...cp-integration/

I would vote the pants off a utility like that (and I would buy an iCP at long last, along with plenty of others I suspect). Include the ability to pair a second iCP to be mapped as a player 2 controller (somehow) and you'd have the killer TV-out app for the Pandora.

As far as emulation goes this is a bit of an odd request...

Someone should write something that would allow you to use the touchscreen for games that would require a light gun or super scope or what have you. I think this would be really cool feature and to my knowledge has never been done with a hand held before.

I'd imagine this would be no more difficult than the way desktop emulation works using a mouse for games that require a gun or DS emulators for that allow you to use a mouse for the touchscreen on the DS. So just use that code and input it backwards :p

I haven't received my pandora yet and i haven't updated any emulators on my Gp2x wiz in almost a year so if this is already something that exists I apologize. lol

YES.

As discussed here: http://boards.openpa...cp-integration/

I would vote the pants off a utility like that (and I would buy an iCP at long last, along with plenty of others I suspect). Include the ability to pair a second iCP to be mapped as a player 2 controller (somehow) and you'd have the killer TV-out app for the Pandora.
And the ability just to pair one iControlPad and have that act as player two's controller, with player one using the Pandora. :p

Anyway, just wanted to third that suggestion. :p

Anyway, just wanted to third that suggestion. :p
Stoked to see support on this idea from everyone. I never use my touchscreen/stylus, so using XFCE I almost entirely navigate the menu using the Dpad and Pandora button to open the start menu. I'll use the nubs when I have to but just find it easiest to use the DPad.

To have that via remote with an ICP would really make life grand and not need a 10m TV Out cable stretching across the room holding a Pandora in order to play. Hella awkward.

I would like to see some sort of HTML5 Canvas -> SDL hack so we can have HTML5 games at a decent speed.

nice! I really hope something that is platform independend like HTML 5 will become a popular standard for game development.

No doubt about it in my eyes, see some of the google WebGL experiments to see what's possible.

I hope we can ride this wave with the Pandora to some extent as aside from getting Android running (huge +1 from me, it's a brilliant OS with thousands of brilliant games/apps) this will be the only other way to really access new 'big name' games.

Firstly a BIG +1 to the suggested universal pairing with the ICP as has been mentioned. I say if no one pulls this off for the compo, we start a big juicy pot for it as IMHO, this feature should be a priority when ED starts to seriously market the Pandora in the not too distant future.

I also love the idea of being able to colourize my old GB games with my own personalized palette...

To add to that request... I would *love* to see a filter that simulates the shadows created by the dot matrix pixels (with the possibility of choosing the angle of the light source)... For me it's the last missing ingredient for a truely authentic Game Boy experience! :p

My own personal request (and I don't know how much anyone else cares about this), would be a way for the Pandora to detect when a USB wall charger has been inserted into the OTG port and adjust it's power draw to be on par with the efficiency of using the standard charger.

I'm also very enthusiastic about the possibility of fully functioning game creation software for us non coders. However, to get my vote, I would want to be able to use my own artwork and sounds/music... I wouldn't want to *have* to create pixel art with a limited palette or be forced to choose from pre-made sprites.

Now this is probably what I want the most!!!!

A universal Graphical user interface for Mucking / Mudding... with macros, tabs for multiple simultaneous user logins, text and background colour selection, possibly a built in note book (select and drag text to an icon to add info... further formating can be done in a dedicated editor window later). And of course storing all your login info for all your characters in the numerous Mucks/Mudds you frequent.

My idea was dumb, do what Faeminx said :3

Except I don't know what the last thing is, care to explain further?

Back