What software do we want from the Rebirth Competition?

SqDef was a very nice game and I played it pretty often on the GP2X. Haven't heard anything from Alex for a long time though.

im already wearing glasses, you know :) . And Vorship is real eye-"funker".. apart of that i didnt like game mechanics / ideas.

SqDef fits my needs perfectly. I hope it will get update some day for OP [new turrels / ideas ripped from VectorTD (PSP) would be cood.. ]

im already wearing glasses, you know :) . And Vorship is real eye-"funker".. apart of that i didnt like game mechanics / ideas.

SqDef fits my needs perfectly. I hope it will get update some day for OP [new turrels / ideas ripped from VectorTD (PSP) would be cood.. ]
SqDef is awesome... I just wish someone would post an example winning strategy for one of the maps... I'm still unable to get a gold medal on any map! :(

I second Binky's wish for better sleep mode (more power-saving, real suspend-to-RAM with everything switched off except charging and of course RAM).

Also, it would be great to have some PIM software, synchronizable with Outlook and Lotus Notes :)

Dreamcast!

A Minecraft clone!

And bank-hacking software like in the Terminator :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, it would be great to have some PIM software, synchronizable with Outlook and Lotus Notes :)
Aaaah yeah thanks for reviving this point, yeah a nice organiser software for names, address, birthdays etc... that would be nice.

There is the KDEPIM/PI project, which is not actively developed anymore since 2008 I think, but the appointment book software KO/PI, adress book PA/PI and password manager PWM/PI were quite great pieces of software. Very versatile, configurable, great interface... Ran very well on the Sharp Zaurus SL-C models (with VGA screen resolution).

It even partially supported Outlook sync. I think you could take over Outlook data, if you installed the software on the Windows PC ("PI" means platform-independent), imported Outlook profile data and synced it to the Zaurus via SyncML, which KDEPIM/PI used mainly for syncing.

If anyone would take over maintenance of this project - it uses QT3 for the GUI, IIRC) - maybe we could enhance it to be a great PIM suite for the Pandora!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kdepimpi/

I just see it also had a component "KTimetracker/PI" and "KPhone/PI" for VoPI telephony. :)

Anyone interested in porting and maintaining?

I would do, but I don't have any QT experience, so this would be hard for me...

Daniel

Aaaah yeah thanks for reviving this point, yeah a nice organiser software for names, address, birthdays etc... that would be nice.

Hmmm, might consider finishing mine off. Last time I spoke about it, nobody seemed really that interested.

Edit:

There is the KDEPIM/PI project, which is not actively developed anymore since 2008 I think, but the appointment book software KO/PI, adress book PA/PI and password manager PWM/PI were quite great pieces of software. Very versatile, configurable, great interface... Ran very well on the Sharp Zaurus SL-C models (with VGA screen resolution).

It even partially supported Outlook sync. I think you could take over Outlook data, if you installed the software on the Windows PC ("PI" means platform-independent), imported Outlook profile data and synced it to the Zaurus via SyncML, which KDEPIM/PI used mainly for syncing.
Hmmm, looks kind of like what I had in mind... I might pick this up tonight and have a look

Last edited by a moderator:
pmprog,

what exactly did you have in mind / in work?

KDEPIM/PI was really great on the Zaurus, with a few usability glitches, which I reported to Zautrix (the maintainer back then) and which he partially fixed.

If we could revive this project for the Pandora (and possibly other platforms, too), I think it would be really great.

I could ask Zautrix (Lutz Rogowski) for some kind of status report about open points etc...

Daniel

I need to look at KDEPIM first, to see how much it fits what I was thinking. However, mine was going to have 3 sections:

• Password Manager
  • Calendar
  • Contacts

The whole "database", except for calendar dates, reminders and titles will be stored encrypted. That meant reminders could be triggered without requiring the user's password. I was also looking at adding sync support via a TCP client/server (custom protocol), and possibly sync by: LAN (fileshares) and FTP.

I've been writing it using QtCreator, so it builds on Windows, and the Pandora (and Linux desktops). Not touched it for a while (just like Hot Pursuit :( ).

hm, sounds like reinventing the wheel...

I don't know for sure, if kdepim/pi stores the data in encrypted form (password manager does, of course, but I am not sure about the others).

But that could be added, if not present.

kdepim/pi has a whole lot of great features, its strength is the very good efficient use of the small screen real estate, still being very convenient to use.

I remember that we optimized the handling of recurring appointments and tasks, the task list feature, dynamic display of calendar contents dependent on screen/window size etc. In my opinion, it's a quite advanced product, even though it seems not to be touched for 4 years now.

There were Windows binaries, too.

Daniel

Back