What software do we want from the Rebirth Competition?

Lots of interesting ideas here.

My vote would go to a media player using DSP, something like deadbeef would be perfect, and strategy/rpg native games.

A working gles plugin for pcsxrearmed would be great also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see the psp homebrew game droplets converted to the pandora played this little puzzle game more than any other comercial game insanelly addictive

A Terraria clone would be awesome,

decent backing as per This thread.

+1 for DSP media player.

My main interest is in audio playback with the following features:

- Good library viewer (I like Media Monkey on Windows, but I appreciate similar would be difficult on the Pandora, maybe the XBMC solution would be more appropriate). But the ability to do quick searches on a large library with quick performance would be great (e.g. as you type the media list limits by what you're typing for each key you press).

- Ability to easily handle different format playlists, I personally use m3u.

- Watch folders ability.

- Connect to network shares (optional).

Yes, well...As you can see, nobody can find software hidden in a facebook account somewhere...

Some of them (not Alsaplayer, though, if I'm not blind). And of those that are there, very few have links.

No, that is not "a good place". That is even worse than trying to find something deep down on a facebook wall. Especially since the forum search, if successful, will only lead to a link to that same facebook wall.

Software that can't be found, don't exist. Especially when there are well known places to search, and it doesn't show up there. It is a big waste of effort, sadly.

Alsaplayer is here. (remove the space in http: //tiny.pl/h1b4j)

I appreciate peoples dislike of FB but all I had to do was look at the date of StreaKs post about releasing alsaplayer, then go to his FB, click 'wall', scroll down and click 'older posts' once, then scroll down until the 28November 2011 and there was his post saying :

(well go there and you'll see)

Which really wasn't that hard and certainly worth it to get to Streaks various releases that he has worked hard on and chosen to host where he chooses.

edit : removed direct links to the app, to keep it on FB.

Yes, you know how to get there. Newcomers wont. So everytime there is a new pandora owner, someone will need to tell them to go to the Beta forum, find all StreaKs posts, and from there figure out what software is available. Then, they must take note of the posting date, go to the FB wall, scroll down to that date and try to find the PND. And then, the next time there is a newcomer...

So everytime , someone new asks about 4th Floor dev FB page, i would say "everytime you ask about it, he will relese one port less, because of You. Stop asking.. start digging FB Wall.." :) . End of OT :]

BTW. I would like to see a Strife game working on Pandora

You also should search into the Archive, maybe some of the wanted Software already exists there, hidden in the depths. Same for the App Store and also same for the List in the Pandora Wiki. I was surprised what we already have for the Pandora, you just have to find it. ^^

BTW. I would like to see a Strife game working on Pandora

I thought one of the Doom programs works with Strife.. The only thing I think it was lacking was the Digital speech if I recall, but the sub-titles still worked... I could tell you for sure, but sans-Pandora at the moment.

Yes, you know how to get there. Newcomers wont. So everytime there is a new pandora owner, someone will need to tell them to go to the Beta forum, find all StreaKs posts, and from there figure out what software is available. Then, they must take note of the posting date, go to the FB wall, scroll down to that date and try to find the PND. And then, the next time there is a newcomer...

I'm not exactly a newcomer and I had -no- idea that this existed.

How many software distribution systems do we need for our device?

Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, if there isn't a PND version available and present in the PND store - it's someone's private beta.

Back