What software are we still missing on Pandora? (A Wish List)

I'd like to see a program that will put everything except the USB port into sleep mode, so that I can charge my cell phone while using as little other battery as possible.
Just suspend and that should work, unless the phone wants to enumerate before charging.

Iprice, that reminds me we need a yahtzee game! :D
Maybe when I'm not quite so busy - I'm working on DinoDefense and a MahJong game at the moment -

mah01.PNG

mah02.PNG

mah03.PNG

mah04.PNG

Maybe when I'm not quite so busy - I'm working on DinoDefense and a MahJong game at the moment -

Please make it with dpad support as using the nubs as mouse replacement is suboptimal at small MahJomg stones.

Other wanted programs:

I'd like to see a lightweight database with flexible setup, quick search yet powerful possibilities to query.

I second the motions for a calendarium. One where I could enter dates like "every second tuesday, except it's on holidays then it is the next tuesday"...

Please make it with dpad support as using the nubs as mouse replacement is suboptimal at small MahJomg stones.
Sorry D-Pad is not currently supported but might be when it's released. It's touchscreen/mouse/nubs only at the moment. I don;t think the tiles/stones are too small to click on - certainly feels comfortable for me. Design, user interaction and control are all important to me - I try to make my games as user-friendly and as functional as possible. My MahJongg game shouldn't upset this balance.

I'm attempting to port open yahtzee.. it requires wxwidgets to be included.. seems to take forever to cross-compile.. even on an 8 core I7 processor..

Sorry D-Pad is not currently supported but might be when it's released. It's touchscreen/mouse/nubs only at the moment. I don;t think the tiles/stones are too small to click on - certainly feels comfortable for me. Design, user interaction and control are all important to me - I try to make my games as user-friendly and as functional as possible. My MahJongg game shouldn't upset this balance.

Fine, let's wait for the release. BTW touch screen is the most obvious control but I haven't found a comfortable way to hold my Pandora with fully open lid for using the stylus more than for a few tips yet.

gpe-calendar worked quite good for me, but as it comes from angstrom-repo all its app-data gets lost when updating the Pandora-firmware.

Not that handy in case of an Calendar-app with lots of sync-settings.
Oh, cool - never had heard of the GPE project. I'll look into how much effort it would need to bundle the relevant GPE apps into a PND.

Hi Guys

I would like to see a PINBALL emulator.........Such,like Visual Pinball should be possible........

greetings Walter

Hi Guys

I would like to see a PINBALL emulator.........Such,like Visual Pinball should be possible........

greetings Walter

How do you know that it should be possible? There a threads, that are about this topic alone and there you can read, why visualpinball is really hard to port to the pandora or even linux.

Other pinball software might be more fearsible, but the alternatives for linux are limited and mostly not ia complete state.

There are noumerous pinball games for snes, genesis, amiga and psx that can be emulated right now. :)

I'm attempting to port open yahtzee.. it requires wxwidgets to be included.. seems to take forever to cross-compile.. even on an 8 core I7 processor..

Or you can convert the wxwidgets in Gtk ones :)

I have a full time job that forces me to work 60+ hours a week.. I don't have that kind of time. Plus I got wxwidgets to compile fine.. However the Open Yahtzee configure script isn't cross-compiler friendly, I need to hack it a bit.. but looks promising so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys

greetings Walter

How do you know that it should be possible? There a threads, that are about this topic alone and there you can read, why visualpinball is really hard to port to the pandora or even linux.

Other pinball software might be more fearsible, but the alternatives for linux are limited and mostly not ia complete state.

There are noumerous pinball games for snes, genesis, amiga and psx that can be emulated right now. :)

Sorry Mc

I hope,it is possible.I am no programmer,only a little hacker for Atari systems.

If someone can do,maybe YOU??

Give it a try.......pleeeeeaaaaaase

:)

greetings Walter

Or how about a slotmachine emulator????

iCP already works rather well as a bluetooth joystick when in HID mode. I personally use it for player two on pcsx-rearmed.

Back