What software are we still missing on Pandora? (A Wish List)

BBC B/Electron emulator, but not for games, oh no, it's for erm... (cough) educational purposes. Hey that excuse worked when I 14 ;) .

Have a look at the portrequest page in the wiki :)

Hmmm... I'll have to follow those instructions and have another do at a linux compile, last time I tried that though it killed the OS install on my SD card :) . Ginge is Ok but what's the point of a Pandora BBC emulator without the keyboard ?

]Couldn't you use that program on a palm pilot emulator? I know that many open-source ones exist.

The problem with emulators is that they don't interact with the system hardware. So if you need an alarm to wake you up there's no way for the emulator to bring your machine out of sleep mode. This is sort of important for a calendaring program.

Nice calendaring / todo / contacts app that syncs with ownCloud or SOGo.
Only one person interested by this or several ?
You know, I couldn't find any decent cross platform calendar software with sync (I'm after Windows, Android, and Pandora :) ), so I've been looking at building my own complete system, but I'll have a look through these see what I can find and/or build

I'd like to see a program that will put everything except the USB port into sleep mode, so that I can charge my cell phone while using as little other battery as possible.

Oh, and a slideshow program! Please, please, PLEASE make a decent, lightweight image slideshow program!

EDIT: I know Android can do it, but I'd rather not have to switch to Android or launch a big program like XBMC every time I want to show a slideshow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice calendaring / todo / contacts app that syncs with ownCloud or SOGo.
Only one person interested by this or several ?
You know, I couldn't find any decent cross platform calendar software with sync (I'm after Windows, Android, and Pandora :) ), so I've been looking at building my own complete system, but I'll have a look through these see what I can find and/or build

gpe-calendar worked quite good for me, but as it comes from angstrom-repo all its app-data gets lost when updating the Pandora-firmware.

Not that handy in case of an Calendar-app with lots of sync-settings.

Apart from that I would like to see a tuner or pitch-detector (guitar/voice/whatever) using the internal mic or line in.

I don`t like to start android each time for that

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see a program that will put everything except the USB port into sleep mode, so that I can charge my cell phone while using as little other battery as possible.

I didn't realize you could charge something with this thing :p I guess you learn something new everyday ^^

I didn't realize you could charge something with this thing :p I guess you learn something new everyday ^^

Oh yes it's saved me from becoming completely communication-less on at least two trips over to Chile. Just plug your phone using USB and BOOM... it starts sucking juice from your Pandora.

BBC B/Electron emulator, but not for games, oh no, it's for erm... (cough) educational purposes. Hey that excuse worked when I 14 .

It's almost there.. Sswarm made some advances... Really, just to fix a few things like maybe save states and key mapping..

It'll be good to go then :)

Sorry for so many posts...I keep thinking of things! I would very much like a way to map the "Pandora Button" to an external keyboard and/or gamepad so that I can easily bring up the menu at the press of a button without having to deal with a mouse, even if my Pandora is plugged into the TV out of arm's reach.

BBC B/Electron emulator, but not for games, oh no, it's for erm... (cough) educational purposes. Hey that excuse worked when I 14 .

It's almost there.. Sswarm made some advances... Really, just to fix a few things like maybe save states and key mapping..

It'll be good to go then :)

Excellent, looking forward to that.

Back