What software are we still missing on Pandora? (A Wish List)

Imagej or fiji would be cool, A very nice scriptable image analyse tool.. I don't think we have that yet.
Ok i'm on ImageJ. Easy packaging. Will be tomorrow on the repo!
Works like a charm, thank you very much, now I can write my imagej macro's on the go.. so much fun :)
WHat do you use ImageJ for by the way ?
I am a postdoc in at a microscopy fascility and I use imageJ to analyse my images (among other things) stuff like detecting signals, measuring specific parts of signals, measuring co-localisation of signal, and so fort.
Care to share some example of your actual work to analyze the images? (I'd be interested in an article on this for Pandoralive :) )

Thunderbird e-mail client

grpn RPN calculator (HP emulators do a bit too well at emulating the HP calculators, including the power save shut down. They are also overkill most of the time)

gthumb image viewer
Thunderbird sucks. Clawsmail is a much better fit for the Pandora.
Is there an Outlook client for Clawsmail? If not, Clawsmail is useless to me.
Why do you need outlook? For work?
Exactly.

Care to share some example of your actual work to analyze the images? (I'd be interested in an article on this for Pandoralive :) )
analysis.png

Something like that :D the red and the green are actual signal in a cell, the red green and blue lines are part of the analysis. 

mageJ came in really handing during a work discussion yesterday, nobody had a laptop handy so I could use my pandora with al functions available on ImageJ, stuff like drawing a line and measuring intensity across it can be so handy when looking at a microscopy-picture...

Last edited by a moderator:
mageJ came in really handing during a work discussion yesterday, nobody had a laptop handy so I could use my pandora with al functions available on ImageJ, stuff like drawing a line and measuring intensity across it can be so handy when looking at a microscopy-picture...
Yeah! Glad it helped!! 

Just pacakged ImageJ2x on the repo :) You may want to check it out too !!

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=ImageJ2x

Galculator showed up in the repository, so one of my requests is done.

Loxodo, a password safe clone would be very nice.

I uploaded Universal password manager in the repo yesterday and it does the same thing as loxodo.
Unfortunately, it does not use the same file format as Loxodo/password safe, and it appears to use a web based repository to store passwords.

I'm afraid I don't trust any web based storage for my passwords, and I do not want to migrate more than 100 passwords to another format.

I uploaded Universal password manager in the repo yesterday and it does the same thing as loxodo.
Unfortunately, it does not use the same file format as Loxodo/password safe, and it appears to use a web based repository to store passwords.

I'm afraid I don't trust any web based storage for my passwords, and I do not want to migrate more than 100 passwords to another format.
It has local storage as well. 

Remember the PALM OS and all those apps? A few good games too.

i wish that was implemented for the Pandora but I know it is impossible.

Last edited:
Any chance to have SINGE for Pandora?
Well we do have Daphne, that's one part of it I guess..
And what about Taewoong's optimized Dosbox build, could it be ported to Pandora?

http://ykhwong.x-y.net/
Our DOSBox build is most likely more optimized to the ARM platform than Taewoong's version.
SINGE is more compatible than Daphne which remains imho still a great laser disc emulator but cant play certain games ie Mad Dog Mac Cree.

Taewoong's Dosbox is very fast and i hope someday we will see a specific Pandora port.

SINGE is a plugin to Daphne.. why I said it was one part of it.. 

TaeWoong's Dosbox is optimized on the X86 processor, not sure how much of those optimizations can be put forward to the ARM version which we have..

I'll try to do something. I still had a few detail to arrange (mainly 800x480 doens't look good, you cannot see the panel, so I have to fallback to 640x480, because default 320x200 is too small), have to check to the keys, and the menu (probably have to do some zenity). Maybe in the middle of the week, I'll put a beta in the forum, not in the repo.
Thanks in advance ptitSeb.  I appreciate your efforts.
So, an update. I've checked my old build of Sabre. it's still working (very nicely, it's an old SDL game, with Software 3D, running fluidly in 800x480x256 colors). Main problems are the controls. Keyboard does not permit easy control, and mouse is not a practical way to pilot. So I have to use Nubs as Joystick. But it doesn't handle SDL Joystick, only Joysticks in the Linux way (using /dev/js0 and dev/js1). So I will take some time to at least add the joystick support using SDL, so Nubs are usable. And then I'll put a beta.That's a bit more work then expected, so not sure when I'll put the beta out.

Here are a few screenshots taken at 640x480...
attachicon.gif
screenshot1.png
attachicon.gif
screenshot2.png
attachicon.gif
screenshot3.png
attachicon.gif
screenshot4.png
Looking good ptitSeb.

I appreciate your efforts.

I'll try to do something. I still had a few detail to arrange (mainly 800x480 doens't look good, you cannot see the panel, so I have to fallback to 640x480, because default 320x200 is too small), have to check to the keys, and the menu (probably have to do some zenity). Maybe in the middle of the week, I'll put a beta in the forum, not in the repo.
Thanks in advance ptitSeb.  I appreciate your efforts.
So, an update. I've checked my old build of Sabre. it's still working (very nicely, it's an old SDL game, with Software 3D, running fluidly in 800x480x256 colors). Main problems are the controls. Keyboard does not permit easy control, and mouse is not a practical way to pilot. So I have to use Nubs as Joystick. But it doesn't handle SDL Joystick, only Joysticks in the Linux way (using /dev/js0 and dev/js1). So I will take some time to at least add the joystick support using SDL, so Nubs are usable. And then I'll put a beta.That's a bit more work then expected, so not sure when I'll put the beta out.

Here are a few screenshots taken at 640x480...
attachicon.gif
screenshot1.png
attachicon.gif
screenshot2.png
attachicon.gif
screenshot3.png
attachicon.gif
screenshot4.png
Looking good ptitSeb.

I appreciate your efforts.
You can test it, I have opened a beta thread with a test binary here: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/13862-openbeta-sabre-fighter-plane-simulator/

Back