Gp2x Help

SuperDP

Still Fresh
hi,
for the past hour ive been looking up on stuff about this, and i have to say i am impressed with it.
Ive got a PSP and i use it for homebrew, Genesis, SNES and the other major retro console emulators as well. But ive always wanted to havea playstation emulator, so i could play my favourite games like crash 3 or tomb raider 2 to play while im on the go.
So if you wouldnt mind i'd be grateful if some questions could be answered:
1. The PSX emulator, i know its in early stages, but would it be possible to be more compatible with 3d games over time, and maybe even be emulated better than how it is on the Zodiac?
2. just out of interest has anyone tried pandemonium, tomb raider or crash bandicoot games on this emulator at the mo and see how far it goes? lol just wonderin.
3. Are the SNES and Genesis emulators run at full speed yet or is there a way to go?
4. What is the true battery life for this? ive read around 10 hours but i just want to know for sure from the people who actually have the G2PX.
Thanks a lot.

1. Yes.
2. No.
3. Not far to go.
4. Currently it's around 5 hours on decent batteries, but will be increased in future updates.

thanks a lot :)
im thinkin of maybe buyin this abd usin it only for emulators, and me psp for the commercial games....

is there a place where i could downlao videos of emulators running on a GP2X or screenshots?

thanks.
so how big is the screen for this? is it the same size as the ipod video is, as ive read that the screen for this is 320x240, same as the ipod's screen

cheers, have u or anyone else had any of the problems that ive been reading about on that wiki site? like battery consumption, firmware upgrading problems etc?

Well, I'm sure some people have, or they wouldn't be problems, would they?

The advice I give to all people who are considering is: get one, and if you don't like it, send it back.

thanks a lot smile.gif
im thinkin of maybe buyin this abd usin it only for emulators, and me psp for the commercial games....

Maybe- but you'd be a fool to miss out on the great homebrew games as well as ports of stuff like Doom, Quake etc. It's more than just emus :)

cheers, have u or anyone else had any of the problems that ive been reading about on that wiki site? like battery consumption, firmware upgrading problems etc?

Uh... the Wiki is maintained by members of this and other GP-centric communities (the whole idea of a Wiki is that essentially anyone can submit documentation and articles), so if something turns up there, it's because someone here (or another community has experienced that problem and has shared it on the Wiki.

EDIT: Try Shinneri's excellent "Gamepark newbie" site :) Seriously, it's very informative and useful:

http://newbie.gp32x.de/

Back