What Is Possible On 256mb Ram?

x68000

Mega GP Mania
RAM has just officially doubled, so what can now be possible which was impossible on just 128mb RAM?

- Keeping more parts of the rom in the memory for emulators
- Running more apps at once
- Have more textures in the memory
- Giving the OS more room to do its work

More tabs in a web browser! That's going to prove useful, especially if I start browsing the forums on the Pandora.

In general, applications that rely on heavy ram usage should benefit well. I'm thinking of something like GIMP in this instance, since it's pretty ram hungry. Ooh, this is gonna be great. :D

Klepto said:
It will make KDE a viable option. This is great news. I want to do something nice for the Pandora team, any suggestions?
Foot massages? Seriously though, even if a lot of the classic emulation stuff would be smooth as glass in 128M, the "use it like a portable computer" stuff should be seriously enhanced. Can't wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
frets on fire is now a possibility.

I thought of hacking together a "frets on fire on tour" Controller as soon as i get a pandora. When everything works it will fit under the Pandora and connect directly to the usbport on the back.

If anyone would port this software to fit the hardware of Pandora it would be great. (I personally can't code but solder together something.)

Frets on fire is not ideal for the pandora... it was never really the ram that was a problem afaik it is that it uses python and needs a fast computer and GPU not to lag i have 1.8ghz 512mb ram and a geforce2 w/ 64mb vram and it still lags

Back