What does the new case look like?

is this a black case painted silver or is the plastic actually silver?

Black plastic painted silver, very much like the old classic NDS.
Which looked pretty cheap with that colour. :D Could also be because of the very ugly design of the first NDS. The New Pandora of course looks much better, and as long as the paint stays on the Device, it should keep this nice look. ^^

However, I really recommend for a possible "Pandora 2" not to paint it. Just use the right plastic colour from the beginning and make sure the molds produce a flawless surface where nothing has to be hinnden under paint. ;) Should save much time in the production process too.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ED

Is this paint supposed to hold up to wear? Also have you noticed less stress around the hinge area & LCD housing when assembled or during assembly?

@ED

Is this paint supposed to hold up to wear?

Yes, my testing unit is still fine.

If you use it WITHOUT a case, it will get scratches after a while and paint wears off depending on where you put it, but it doesn't wear off when you use it and keep it in a case.

Also have you noticed less stress around the hinge area & LCD housing when assembled or during assembly?

Yes, the housing is WAY more easier to assemble, you don't need anymore force.

^^^^ Sounds good.I always put my handhelds straight back into their cases every single time when ive finished using them.

Glad you guys like it.

I also things it looks better. I like the mix of the black keyboard and buttons on the silver case :)

Hm. If the colour wears down, beneath that is still black? Or is the plastic in a different colour?

I liked the black case better. Even a scratched, crappy black. Like my Thinkpad.

PlatinOpen.jpg
<- :( sigh.....way too light-colored and reflective, just as I imagined/feared it would be,"in for a penny, in for a pound", I guess... If this is the new standard, I don't suppose the factory could at least be sweet-talked into sending any unpainted(therefore, still black) "new and improved(reinforced)" cases, could they?

I just want to be clear, I'm not upset with anybody (except maybe circuit co., the volcano, and the rest of the jokers at those various companies that have been responsible for build quality issues, the loss of Open Pandora Teams' money, and delays on top of delays on top delays..). You did what was necessary, eventually I'll likely be able to accept that, but for now I just sort of feel like yelling at the sky because it won't stop raining.

p.s. I've tried shrinking the picture, but it just keeps posting the BIG version instead when I click the button to finalize my post...

It looks so great to me!

I was a black-only electronics, lately, I have been accepting silver gray, so it should be fine should I come to have one.

I have a black table, black monitor and almost everything black, mainly for dealing colors on screen.

I do have a white caanoo though...just don´t tell anyone...

PS:. I´m not bugging, can understand people´s personal preferences.

I'm in with ImmaculateChimp... I'm not certain I like this new color. I was under the impression it was gonna be darker. Any chance of these new cases being sold without paint?

I would've loved to get them darker and I also wanted 1000 of the old black color one.. .but it's a chinese company we're dealing with here, it was nigh impossible.

Every color change took 2 months to just get a sample... I told them it should only be slightly lighter than black.

Don't worry though about it being too reflective though. I've had my testing unit for a few months now, it looks WAY worse on that picture (as usual ;) )

Everyone who's seen it so far thinks it looks way better than the black one (except for one person, but she only loves black when it comes to colors).

I also think it would be awesome to have it in a darker silver... but within three tries, the company wasn't able to produce a sample with a proper color, so we didn't have a choice.

...but within three tries, the company wasn't able to produce a sample with a proper color, so we didn't have a choice.

This just makes me chuckle and shake my head, but I guess that's par for the course with any Pandora production company that's not within smacking distance. :rolleyes:

There aren't any case production companies in Germany are there?

Back