What are you playing this weekend/these days?

Just started to play Mad Games Tycoon, and really enjoying a stress-free micro-management antidote to Hades.

Some people apparently don't like the graphics (of Games Tycoon), but I really like it. Reminds me of Theme Hospital back in the day, and has quite a lot of charm (although if you don't feel any nostalgia for older games, then this is probably a bit lost on you). There were also apparently some complaints of a lack of realism and/or unpredictability in success of released games... I'm not sure about this, although having 33% of customers boycotting my game because it wasn't released on enough systems, in the 1980s, seems a little OTT for pre-internet days. But in any case, it's a lot of fun.

Looking forward to hopefully playing some Tycoon / sim-management type games on the Pyra when I get one, as I think it should be ideally suited for stuff like that (and certainly moreso than a PS4!)

Oh, and also just started Kena: Bridge of Spirits, which is a beautiful game (and rather cute, if you like that sort of thing).

Mad Games Tycoon
I never played it, but I had a laugh years ago when it was released, because they silently also made a modified version distributed via torrent by warez sites... this release was the complete game except for an added "feature", at some point your selling will decrease till you go bankrupt... because of piracy !! xD
It was fun seeing people on forums shouting that the game was "bugged" (with many added bad words)... just to disappear from the forum after answers like "Man, just buy the game..."

Played a lot Snowrunner yesterday, finished the mission whit the 3 Drill Containers on the Swamp Map in Michigan, and im now on the Mission where you have to deliver one container to the harbor in the 4th Map : Its not that difficult you just have to search your way as you ditnt go there bevor, , i need to repair some bridges now, allthough the first one was quite easy , the second one seems to be a bit buggy, or its needs exactly the betonplate you find on the map, but as i pull on my Truck on the side, i have to drive there maybe on weekend, lets hope its just a mather of the right plate.. ..

Driving to this map is quite anoying: You have to take the road over the mountain which is quite long, ...

Snowrunner (Switch Lite)
Seems like this was the last regular Quest in Michigan: I drove a big Building Trailer from the Map where the Haven was to the Map where the Damm is, over this anyoing mountain Road and through a quite muddy Forest Road where you have to take care not to tipp over the Trailer..
Ad least whit my Mudd Tires and this 4 Wheel Bandit Truck i cant get stuck that easy anymore, but it was a long Drive as the longer Road is the easyest Road.., and some parts where quite thight but you can use the winch also on the trailer to pull it a bit to the side if its get stuck..

I think now i will scout the rest of Michigan for the last towers and Upgrades, and then went to Alaska ^^

And a lot more Snowrunner (Switch Lite)
Im currently watching a Lets Play from someone who also lives in the Saarland, so i was a bit motivated yesterday evening..
After i made the Quest whit the big Building Trailer i decides to drive to tamir (russia) and make some Quests to unlock the last map in this region, because like most of the Snowrunner Players i wantet this OP Scout they have in "Vanillia Snowrunner (Whitout DLC)" : The Tatarin Wheel Tank..
So after maybe an Hour to drive because its on the other side of the last map, and a bit Offroad whit my Marshal Scout, now i own this Thing ^^
Its quite cool, you drive everywhere whitout issues, the only issues are: Its quite Slow, its quite Thirsty for Diesel, and there is no Snorkel in the Customisation Store, but i think the Damm in Michigan where the only deep water, and its can drive through water which can be much higher than you would need..

My Plan is now for the 2 Days Weekend to Scout a lots of Maps, and find a lot of Upgrades, so maybe i can Upgrade my Bandit Truck somehow..

I've been playing a bit more of The Pedestrian and have made it to the following hub area.

BOVKTeoG.png

Made a lot more Snowrunner this weekend on Switch Lite,
after i got this Wheeltank Tatarin, i was a lot in "Scouting", to get all Towers and lots of Upgrades in the first Russia Region "Tamyr" , only the last Map is not completed as i tipped my Tank over and ditnt wanted to drive the whole way again from my Start Map to the Last Map..
Then i begun whit the Tatra DLC but ditnt got far as its not that easy whit Level 18 .. , but my Bandit Truck is now quite usefull whit the Offroad Gearbox and the better Engine etc.. ^^

But my main takeaway is: wow, multiplayer arcade beat 'em ups are F>U>N. I wasn't super keen on the genre at the time, but now it's clear these games are dope.
They are. Capcom games were really good, Konami had a few good ones as well, and I have a soft spot for Taito's very campy "Growl"

I've finished Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World. They're both great games. I think the 3rd is my favorite. It builds on the classic formula and add just enough variation to keep being interesting for most of the game (though I felt that it could have done without World 7 which brings nothing new except for a difficulty spike). There are a few frustrating levels where the difficulty suddenly goes way up, but it's made tolerable by the fact that you can store power-ups to use before starting them. It just lacks the "mid-level checkpoints" that are added in Super Mario World.

Super Mario World is fun, it's colorful and pretty and has Yoshi, but a few things feel a bit off. For example, in the second world you can unlock a secret stage that will let you get all the powerups you might need for the next level (and as many lives as you want) and you wonder why you can't just start all levels fully equipped... At least the storage from SMB3 didn't require you to cross the whole map to get your fill.
Also many levels can be partly skipped by flying with the cape and many levels have extremely difficult optional path that just bring you a few coins or extra lives that you can easily get in other places. So if often feels like it's a "choose your own difficulty" approach which is nice but can also make you feel like you're either cheating or making your life unnecessarily difficult.
Also, many levels have one secret exit. While it adds some puzzles or secret hunting, it also forces you to play the same level over and over until you find it which can get a bit boring.

I've also finished Zeno Clash 2. I really enjoyed the wacky punk-fantasy world of the first game and was disappointed by this one. It adds some "open world" approach that wasn't needed and often make the game feel janky. And while the first kept pushing a lot of wacky and interesting concepts, this one has very few of them (though I admit that I enjoyed the concept of the weapon that requires you to line up your enemies between the sun and you). Hopefully the "first-person brawler" part is still fun and still more concerned about positioning and good combat approach than about combo or dodge mastery, which is a plus in my book.

The Witcher Enhanced edition.. had it in my steam library foe a while but never got around to playing it. combat sure takes a lot of getting used to..
What's important to understand is that you need to be prepared. On higher difficulty levels, all the stuff you can craft to give bonuses against some enemies aren't optional. At least until you unlock the magic spells.

Jupiter Hell.

Absolutely loved DoomRL, (including the awesome Pandora version) and wanted to show my support by Kickstarting its spiritual successor.
That was 4/5 years ago, and I've waited patiently(!) since for the full release :)

So I started playing it a couple of days ago, and it has indeed got a definite DoomRL feel to it, but with upgraded 3D visuals and atmospheric sound/music (Doom inspired hard rock). There's even an intro movie!

The controls have been streamlined, so that diagonals are no longer necessary, but the game is still really a keyboard only game (although I think there's a joypad option).
The scope has been increased, with more enemy types, more weapon options (EMP grenades!) and things like terminals and upgrade pods. Cover also appears to be more important now.
There's even a story of sorts :D

Just got to the 2nd main level (3 or 4 hours of playtime), and I can heartily recommend this game if you like turn based, tactical rogue-likes. Especially if you enjoyed DoomRL.

I'd love to be able to play it on my (hopefully arriving soon) Pyra, but as a Steam only X86 game (not sure of Linux support), I'm not sure it'll be happening anytime soon.....

Reactions: rSl
Jupiter Hell.

Absolutely loved DoomRL, (including the awesome Pandora version) and wanted to show my support by Kickstarting its spiritual successor.
That was 4/5 years ago, and I've waited patiently(!) since for the full release :)

So I started playing it a couple of days ago, and it has indeed got a definite DoomRL feel to it, but with upgraded 3D visuals and atmospheric sound/music (Doom inspired hard rock). There's even an intro movie!

The controls have been streamlined, so that diagonals are no longer necessary, but the game is still really a keyboard only game (although I think there's a joypad option).
The scope has been increased, with more enemy types, more weapon options (EMP grenades!) and things like terminals and upgrade pods. Cover also appears to be more important now.
There's even a story of sorts :D

Just got to the 2nd main level (3 or 4 hours of playtime), and I can heartily recommend this game if you like turn based, tactical rogue-likes. Especially if you enjoyed DoomRL.

I'd love to be able to play it on my (hopefully arriving soon) Pyra, but as a Steam only X86 game (not sure of Linux support), I'm not sure it'll be happening anytime soon.....
Grabbed a copy myself immediately after seeing your post Sunday, it does have a Linux version but the client requires a 64 bit os and 8 gb of RAM + 2 GB of Video RAM, although it runs just fine on my trusty Acer which only has 4GB RAM and no Video RAM. I do have 8gb swap and it uses about half of that. Can't tell you if the 64 bit os is a hard requirement though because the Acer is 64 bit.

Probably, linux 64-bit always runs in 64-bit mode, apart I guess from very early on in the boot process. It can't run 32-bit applications, like windows does, because there's less need to, everything with source which comprises all of the OS and most of userspace excepting commerical games can be rebuilt using an appropriate toolchain into 64-bit machine code, and therefore all is dandy without hacks to get 32-bit apps to run well.

Back