What are you playing this weekend/these days?

It's hard to remember now, but I think I'd never got to see the final round of Outrun 2 yet, even on the easy path. So I still had to finish that before considering more really.

It's hard to remember now, but I think I'd never got to see the final round of Outrun 2 yet, even on the easy path. So I still had to finish that before considering more really.

You just have to drift, always, because in the Outrun 2 physics, when you are drifting, not only you get more speed, but also more stability and control !! :cool:
I don't understand the difference between the "easy" and "difficult" routes... seems all the same to me... after I managed to reach the goal for the first time, I just finished all the other routes at the first try.

This game has the same difficulty of OutRun for MegaDrive for me (that is a lot easier compared to the Arcade version).

Yes, I learnt about drifting. The easy route is take left at every junction so you take the top route on the map. The stages there generally have simpler turns and less obstacles.

Played a bit Pyra yesterday, Dreamcast, Gameboy, GTA3, but just a bit testplay, not that serious, this should have time until i have more time..

And Zelda Skyward Sword HD on Switch Lite,
Im now on the Way to the second flame for my Sword, i allready got the grable hook, made some backtracking to get some more stones of the goddes,
now im on the sand ocean, i think i will continue tomorrow..

Skyward sword on wii is the one Zelda game I started but did not complete. I got stuck on they giant worm in the pit, then I got an HD TV and the experience was ruined.

One day I would like to get a small TV that Wii looks good on. I love this console.

I've finished Super Mario Bros on my Pandora this morning.
I'm still not a fan of the movement in that game, but I've got to say that the level design is really nice (though the latter castles could do without the "puzzles").
There's quite a difficulty spike in the last worlds and it gets a bit frustrating but generally speaking it's a good game that deserves its reputation.

I've finished Super Mario Bros on my Pandora this morning.
I'm still not a fan of the movement in that game, but I've got to say that the level design is really nice (though the latter castles could do without the "puzzles").
There's quite a difficulty spike in the last worlds and it gets a bit frustrating but generally speaking it's a good game that deserves its reputation.
Maybe you don't remember but when this game came out it was like WOW. The game was fast! A speed button is exactly what we wanted, after playing those sludgy arcade games like Kung Fu. It was cutting edge technology. Now you're playing with power.

Well the Switch Version got a bit updatet, its looks great on the small Switch Lite Screen, and whitout this anoying Wii Mote Controll..
Ocarina of Time looked splendid on a CRT. I think it will be just as good on the Pyra. If I live that long

Skyward sword on wii is the one Zelda game I started but did not complete. I got stuck on they giant worm in the pit, then I got an HD TV and the experience was ruined.

One day I would like to get a small TV that Wii looks good on. I love this console.
I've got a little chinese dongle that plugs into my wii video port and gives me HDMI out. The TV recognises the signal as 720p I think, and it looks relatively sharp to my old eyes, but I can't guarantee what kind of upsampling its doing (if it is; it may be telling the wii to output in component format, I think the wii can handle, and even my old gamecube games look sharp).

Allthough i wanted to continue Skyward Sword, i just saw there is this new Session 6 in Snowrunner where you got a new map and the big task is to build up a Tatra Factory, in the End you will get a new Military Tatra and a Tatra Pheonix Truck,
So a lot of Driving Work, at least i have allready a Tatra from a previous DLC, which helps a bit until i get Level 14 so i can buy a Snorkel for my Fafored Bandit Truck ..
Did the first Quest, and it was a quite long Playsession..

I played Metal Gear Solid V to illustrate the Afghan situation to my daughter.
You could also play the first SpecOps game. The last missions were set in Afghanistan, the first one had you fight with the mujahidins against the anti-mujahidins and the next had you side with the anti-mujahidin against the mujahidins (while still playing the same character). I remember that prompted me to look at who all these people are and realise how much of a clusterfuck Afghanistan was.

Finished Super Mario Bros 2 (the US/EU one, not "The Lost Levels").
It's fun. I've only played with Toad since I felt that his shorter jumps handled better than the other characters' jumps. There are many levels with vertical scrolling and also some "puzzles" that offer a nice break from plain platforming. It has many secrets, some probably require to go some length to uncover and sometimes I felt like I was passing by a part of the game by taking the simple path, but at best they give you a small bonus that's not mandatory for finishing the level/game.
It has some frustrating parts but not that many of them. I don't know if I got lucky with the extra lives slot machine, but I got a few supplies of many extra lives which left me with enough to get to the end of the game with about ten lives left while dying pretty often.

I've been playing some old ninja games because I have such fond memories of Ninja Gaiden. So NG 1/2/3. I think I like the first best, seems easier. I'm talking about the originals on NES with the super tight controls.

Also played:
Ninja Baseball Bat Man COINOP - pretty damn good beat 'em up.
Kabuki Quantum Fighter NES - got good reviews back in the day. A bit weak compared to NG.
Shadown of the Ninja NES - Great game. 2 player. Not too difficult. Love it.
Ninja Spirit PCENGINE - good.
Legend of the Mystical Ninja (Goemon) SNES - love this game soooo much.
Shinobi III MEGADRIVE - Too slow. Character too big. Sucks.
Ninja Princess COINOP - Cute, but not a ninja game, more of a beat 'em up.
TMNT COINOP - :D

But my main takeaway is: wow, multiplayer arcade beat 'em ups are F>U>N. I wasn't super keen on the genre at the time, but now it's clear these games are dope.

Snowrunner (Switch Lite)
Made a lot small quests to gain XP for my goal to get Level 14, so now i have finaly the Snorkel on my Bandit Truck (the Truck i had allready when i made the Video of the game), and yesterday i finished the "fallen power towers" Quest, in Michigan and now im in the middle of the "Old Gear" quest, where you have to gather 3 Containers of Oil Drilling Gear from 3 Oil Drill Points , thanks to my new snorkel and the Mud Tires, its not that dificult anymore , its just a long way to drive.. 2 Containers Ready now, 1 to go, maybe today evening or tomorrow..

Spellforce 3 - Fallen God

Just finished it, but as I was imagining it seemed more a spin-off of the Spellforce serie than a proper expansion...
First of all, but this is just my vision of the Spellforce games, you can't play with a female "human-like" character... for me there is no purpose in using a male avatar in such a setting, I liked even the female dubbing starting from the first game... Spellforce is so damn magic fantasy female with dragons !!
Instead in this one you use a fixed group of 4 Trolls that stays the same for the entire game, and while you can customize them at the beginning, they still remain fixed characters,,,,
The game is very long, but it's full of dialogs, and I mean REALLY FULL OF DIALOGS !!!
Most of the time I was thinking that I was playing a Visual Novel... they did a very good job with the story, it's full of information and particulars about everything... but maybe it was a little excessive...
Because of the huge narration the RPG and RTS parts are really small... and also, because you have to constantly go from one map to another I lost a lot of time on loading screens...
The combat system is nice and have less restrictions compared to the previous Spellforce 3 games, and there are some new mechanics for Trolls.
There are different endings, and some choices will change some events during the game, but I don't think this gives so much replay ability anyway... personally, I just don't want to listen again to that long story... I prefer a game with more "active playing" in it.
Still is a really well made game, the dubbing, the graphic, the music, the characters, and everything was put there with precision.

(Many times in the game they say that Trolls do mating with different females... but I have seen not even one female Troll in the entire game :oops:)

Back