What are you playing this weekend/these days?

Finished Megaman 5
The first levels are very nice: diverse and great looking, and some have interesting twists which bring some nice change. I liked that the charged attack is now wider, making it very helpful in many situation. However, the weapons you get from the bosses feel pretty useless in comparison. On the whole I've enjoyed it more than 4.

Skyward Sword HD (Switch)
Finished the Ranelle Desert, the way to the temple was a bit whyrd, whit slipsand and searching of the right combination..
then the temple whit a lot of spiders, wind, sand, lores, bands which put you over the edge, etc but the item you get is quite cool: Some sort of a Air buster, so i played it until i came to the Boss, defeatet this boss, and went then back to the Skycity after i got the music instrument from Zelda..

tried Fallout 4 again today... its been so long since my previous play that i have no idea where i am, what i am supposed to be doing and i cant get out of the power armor. so i quit. didnt feel like starting from scratch. Its just not the same as Fallout 3 and New Vegas.... i played hundreds of hours on those..

tried Fallout 4 again today... its been so long since my previous play that i have no idea where i am, what i am supposed to be doing and i cant get out of the power armor. so i quit. didnt feel like starting from scratch. Its just not the same as Fallout 3 and New Vegas.... i played hundreds of hours on those..
I put 100+ Hours in Fallout 4, just got sucked into it, which is funny that Fallout 3 didn't quite get me there, although everyone tells me I should have tried New Vegas.

j9eF1maM.png

https://captain-hardcore.com/

My primary gaming device is the Pandora, and I play all my games via the awesome Pandafe. This program is fantastic for tracking what you play the most on your pandora and presents an overview of your favorites and a per system list of games. Unfortunately not able to use every emulator (haven't been able to set it up for panmame yet) but that is a minor complaint.
It is totally worth configuring and getting used to the ui. Especially if you are like me, have an SD card with 1000's of games and like to play a bit more 'organized' this is the tool you need.
I usually play in short bursts and the last few weeks mainly gameboy (classic and color) puzzle games. Gameboy games don't have a ton of 'story' and video so it is excellent if you don't like very time consuming games. Also the lower resolution works very well with the pandora screen. Currently mainly replaying Catrap (already finalized it years ago) and Mario's Picross.
Always on my playlist is pinball and my favorite pinball game on the Pandora is Psycho Pinball (mega drive / genesis). My most played game according to Pandafe :)

For selecting a few games to play from various systems and gamelibraries I found the following method very helpful.

Install a videodownloader on your browser or youtube-dl and download a video of one of the systems you are interested in from the youtube channel "Virtual Gaming Library"
If you go to video's and type "every" in the searchbar you will find a video for a lot of systems. The video will show a few seconds of every game. Best thing about these video's is that they include the name of all the games in the video during gameplay. Download the system you like and play it in VLC or another player where you can increase speed or fast skip. That way you can browse through a large library very fast looking for a new game or a game you don't know the name from. I was looking for a shanghai variant on the gameboy that I used to play and is not very popular (Shinsenshou Match-Mani). Google didn't result in anything useful but this way I found it browsing through the whole library and didn't take much time. During the search also found a few other games I just wanted to try out.
Of course you can also browse through all pictures of the games e.g. https://www.video-games-museum.com/en/sys/17-game-boy/5/all but a static picture will not always be enough to determine if you might like a game or not. YMMV.

Skyward Sword HD (Switch Lite)
Im now on the Anoying Part of the Game, where you have to power up your Swort after the 3th Temple, by Tracking down the Fires of Fafore, find the way in these Temples, etc, allthough the Temple in Eldin wasnt bad, its a Watertemple, and the Boss was interessting but not that Easy
I had to watch some Lets Play Videos because i ditnt know how to move the statue to get to the Boss Key, , the next time i will make some Sidequests, use my new Diving Abillity to get some Hearth Containers and stuff, and maybe when i want, i will make the next Update to the Sword...

I've finished Megaman 6.
It's pretty, it has some nice new features like the jet-pack and levels with branching paths. However, none of the levels felt particularly interesting. They're good, but none of them really stands out. At least, the extra weapons are more interesting than in Megaman 5. It's still a great game but at this point, and after having a few interesting twists in Megaman 5 (the train level, the gravity-switching, the boat ride, etc.) I expected more than just the classic run&gun formula.
I've tried using save-states only to save my progress when quitting, but playing the same parts over and over because there's one difficulty spike in the level where you keep dying isn't very fun, so I feel comforted in the way I use save-states.

I played the first two and a half hours of Disgaea 6. I started it before, but barely got past the first chapter. This time I still didn't even finish the second chapter. Drained my Switch battery down to 25% too.

It occurs to me, one of the reasons I don't play Switch as long as I played previous systems is that you always have to stop for either the system or the controllers to recharge. You can plug the charging cable directly into the Switch, but to do that, you have to take the cable out of the dock. I'm not sure how long it's safe to leave the dock unplugged, since it has a battery of its own.

Edit: If I ever make a tactics game, please let the story be half as good as Disgaea's, and the gameplay twice as good. Even Zed admits during the game that it's all grinding.

Last edited:
Oh. I thought I heard back when it first came out that the dock had its own battery, so you could have enough power to charge Switch while playing it docked. I admit, the internet doesn't seem to mention it though.

I realized that I really don't like all the stuff you have to do between battles in Disgaea 6. The problem is though, it's a tactics game, meaning I knew what I was in for.

I kinda hate that the upcoming WarioWare is designed for co-op, because that's one of the few series my ADD can get behind, but I have no-one to play with.

GTA VICE CITY (Pyra)
Dit some testplay because i wantet to see how good my ALSA Config works, and exept of some too many highs, (or basses), its seems to work quite well now, i dont have the Audio Issue i had the last times (when the Audio Ship whent nuts)..
As i dont think i would be able to play the whole game on Pyra, at least not whit this Controll Sceme i downloaded a 100 % Savegame (go s to "Userdata"), and played a bit whit cheats and stuff, (only Seaways)..

Its a bit strange to drive over a water whit a missing water texture.. , but whit a bit imagination, you could say the water is gone because global warming,
and the car is floating in the air like in back in the future ^^
i wonder if its possible to have a new version some time in the future whit water texture and a much better controll sheme..

When i make my video, i have to mute the Radio to not get a Copyright Strike..

Reactions: rSl
I put 100+ Hours in Fallout 4, just got sucked into it, which is funny that Fallout 3 didn't quite get me there, although everyone tells me I should have tried New Vegas.
funny how games are like that. i played hundreds of hours on Morrowind couldnt get into Oblivion but over 100 hrs in Skyrim. ive got nearly 2000 hrs in 7DTD. thats spread over the last ten alphas... alpha 20 is supposed to be released before christmass... but which year...lol instead of "2 months" thay have "when its done"

Just restored my last savegames of Spellforce 3 that I stopped playing after my last HD failed months ago, so I'm finally able to continue the campaign !!
I was stuck anyway in a mission too difficult for me, that I tried so many times, and the enemy was literally destroying me without hope... BUT I just won it now !!! I'm so proud, I had to micromanage so damn fast while defending all the borders, the epic soundtrack did a great job !! (Still I don't like very much the control system... I REALLY miss a pause function to manage things in so huge maps... seems like in the next games of the series many things have changed and it's even possible to play this game with another engine/rules, but I prefer to finish the vanilla game first.)

On a side note, Spellforce 1 (a game from 2003) is receiving a HUGE official patch that, as far as I read, is addressing ALL the things that felt "incomplete" at the time of release.
This is still one of the best games around for me, and with this patch it could become perfect.

Back