What are you playing this weekend/these days?

Dying Light gave to the word "Open" in "Open World" and entire new meaning.

I'm playing the Hellraid DLC and seems a totally different game... it's like Diablo but first person and with parkour !! :cool:
Fighting in closed areas a lot of enemies is really difficult sometimes, and require the use of the environment to survive/win.

EDIT:

Damn !! After I started playing they released a 2 GB patch with an added "Story Mode" !! That will be continued in future patches !!
They are insanely constantly adding/fixing stuff to their games !! :confused:

Last edited:
Oh, this is interesting !!
Just got Ghost 1.0 and I found an unexpected additional game in my library that many people here could love :cool: (it is actually written in the game page but I didn't noticed it)

Mini Ghost

Finished Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.

Third time's the charm. While I found Harmony of Dissonance to be a better game than Circle of the Moon, I still had complaints about its duplicate areas that made the game drag on. Aria of Sorrow has a lot less of backtracking and "filler" screens (I didn't compare the game time. It felt shorter but maybe it's because it's better designed). I'm not too fond of Soma Cruz as a character and the game is a bit too easy (especially towards the end, with the right equipment and souls) but other than that it's a solid game. The music is okay, but I can't help but feel that it's not as good as it was in the pre-GBA games.

Dying Light gave to the word "Open" in "Open World" and entire new meaning.

I'm playing the Hellraid DLC and seems a totally different game... it's like Diablo but first person and with parkour !! :cool:
Fighting in closed areas a lot of enemies is really difficult sometimes, and require the use of the environment to survive/win.

EDIT:

Damn !! After I started playing they released a 2 GB patch with an added "Story Mode" !! That will be continued in future patches !!
They are insanely constantly adding/fixing stuff to their games !! :confused:

And they're busy working on part two. Sale of DL is prohibited in Germany, just like Dead Island was. But you can buy a key from a 3rd party site and just activate it no problem. Which is a dumb oversight, but hey! more games for me.

Just finished Deliver us the Moon. Neat little sci-fi title. Mainly light puzzles, a few QTEs, some timed sections and a bit of platforming. Animations are a bit meh, but the environments look great. Story feels unfinished though. Like there was a lot more planned. But at least it didn't outstay its welcome.

I finished Feudal Alloy. It's ok I guess. It seems to be a little strict on stick directions, which is why I often got the motion <right> + <X> not to register. That's kinda annoying, when it's meant to annihalate an enemy, that's about to do you harm. Ohterwise it's fine.

Then I started Sundered. That one definitively delivers on mid-air fighting. Attacking when airborne delays falling down and when you hit something, the double-jump counter gets reset. When you die, you get to spend all those little shards you gathered in a skill graph (reminds me a bit of the one in Path of Exile). I only wish, I had known beforehand that the costs on the little nodes increase with every investment. I wouldn't have branched out like I did. The big nodes do it too, but have their own counter.
I like the game a lot so far.

hollow knight. it's been pretty engaging so far. almost wish focus was a different button, i occasionally misfire soul blasts when i want to recover health

Finished Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.
It's a good one. It's got one castle but there are paintings inside that lead to individual levels. The quality of the levels isn't even, some are extremely good while others aren't very interesting. You can switch between two characters, which helps push the use of magic abilities when needed. What I particularly appreciated was that even though the "physical" character can wield many different weapons, the whips tend to be the most satisfying to use. So you can have both the "many weapons" approach and the classic castlevania approach in the same game.
The musics are great, the visuals and atmosphere are pretty good. I wish it had been a bit more challenging in some places (there are some levels where you can just play badly and get hit a lot and you'll still reach the next save point where you get your HP restored) but I had a lot of fun and was pretty hooked so I guess it did something right.

That's pretty much it for my castlevania retrospective. I haven't played the Gameboy games but they don't seem worth it and I haven't played Castlevania Chronicles on the PSX, but it seems to be a remake of the first one.

Now I'm thinking of moving on to other classic games I've never finished. I started playing Zelda II (with a romhack to make it less frustrating) and I'm thinking of doing the Mega Man series next.

The PSP's Dracula X Chronicles is a remake of the praised Rondo of Blood on the PC-Engine. The original looks a lot better though. Did you play that too?

I've only played the PC-Engine version, I don't like the look of the Dracula X Chronicles and from what I've read it's not really an improvement over the original.

I'm currently replaying VVVVVV which I got from the original back-in-the-day Humble Bundle. Mainly I started it to see if it still runs given my system is the relatively cutting edge archlinux32, so almost all libs have been updated since it was released. But it still runs fine. So far I have two of the scientists left to find, and it's just starting to get frustratingly tricky.

going through my steam library and trying some games i havenbt played yet... tried Radiation Island today, only put in a couple of hours so far. controls are a tad different trying to get used to them. most frustrating thing is pressing i for invrntory but not being to press i again to close it. you have to click outside the inventory windo area to get it to go away or press esc! .

Back