What are you playing this weekend/these days?

Picked up Just Cause 2 on Amazon (Xbox 360) for near nothing, greatly enjoying blowing stuff up and jumping off mountains or aircraft. Reminds me of Transformers on PS2.

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (3DS version), and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS).

I was half-tempted to play Diddy Kong Racing earlier, but then I remembered how much I hate that game, so I didn't. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
what? how can you hate diddy kong racing? im tempted to hear what bad you could say about that game

I found that it gets dauntingly unfair quite quickly, that the battle mode mini-games in the single-player game are no fun whatsoever (and that the multi-player battles are little better), and that more than half the cast are incredibly irritating. That aside, something about it just doesn't "feel right" to me, but I truly can't explain it any better than that - this may relate to my other complaint with it, but I'm still not entirely sure.

My other complaint is that it breaks continuity and doesn't belong in the series that it ostensibly claims to be from (bear in mind, I am much much more than just a Mega Man nut!), which lends to it an annoying, out-of-place feel, thanks in part to the ton of throwaway characters who really don't fit in and never appeared again anyway. I learned some years later that I was dead on the money with this - it was actually another game, rebranded seemingly because it was felt that it couldn't stand on its own merits.

what? how can you hate diddy kong racing? im tempted to hear what bad you could say about that game
I loved DKR(N64 version). This was one of Rare's finest efforts IMO. The single player was beyond Awesome. I would take this over Mario Kart 64 any day of any week.

Now the DS version that was released a few years back was terrible. I don't know what went wrong! :p

Chris

i wouldnt exactly call it better than a comparable mario kart, but diddy kong racing was the first n64 game i finished on pandora mupen. a great game all around imho. i never played the DS version though, dont have plans to either for whatever reason

Samsung-Galaxy-S2-Dead-Space-On-Plasma-TV.jpg

Dead Space on my tablet. Random Google image above.

@DM and Jumpman - I guess you guys don't find it repetitive like I do, either, huh? :lol:

Skylanders (big console one with the buyable dudes) looks sort of awesome, but I'm not going there.. my kid would demand all the guys :)

i am still playing through Zelda: Skyward Sword, just finished Bully and L.A. Noire and playing lots of World Championship Snooker on the pandora playstation emulator. just got a 126 break in the championship final against Dennis Taylor :D

Back