What are you playing this weekend/these days?

Playing Streets of Rage Remake on my Pandora...

I've always shrugged this one off, I own all three games, the second one twice as I wanted another copy for my Sega Nomad on the road. But man it's really cool with the different paths and being able to switch on and off game elements of the three games. I have a feeling it's going to get played a bit on my Christmas Holiday.

@Stainy, I noticed your sig on a post a while back, I have an Internet capable Amiga 600 now, what cli software are you using to post on this forum? or is it just telnet and lynx?

Playing Streets of Rage Remake on my Pandora...

I've always shrugged this one off, I own all three games, the second one twice as I wanted another copy for my Sega Nomad on the road. But man it's really cool with the different paths and being able to switch on and off game elements of the three games. I have a feeling it's going to get played a bit on my Christmas Holiday.

Hah, you lucky you, I never got it to work on my pandora
Got all the original games in megadrive emulator so that's ok I guess..

@Citizen_Lurker
Really? What is wrong with the PND on the repo?
Nothing, just unzip the SORR V5 install (can be windows version) into your /media/SOMESDCARD/pandora/appdata/SORR directory and you're good to go.

defaults to hq2x a bit too cpu intensive even on a 1Ghz unit, change it to normal2x and it's great.

@Citizen_Lurker
Nothing, just unzip the SORR V5 install (can be windows version) into your /media/SOMESDCARD/pandora/appdata/SORR directory and you're good to go.

defaults to hq2x a bit too cpu intensive even on a 1Ghz unit, change it to normal2x and it's great.
Well, it worked. Thank you, that was silly of me!

Played Abobo yesterday. So well done, impressive. I raged hard at megaman. Didn't make it past the boxing stage.

Been playing with c++ and sdl the rest of the time. Raged equally hard at that ;) but got sdl2 code running on the pandora, thanks Seb

Super Mario Bros 3 on Nintendo Classic Mini Nintendo Entertainment System..
Im now in World 2 Level 4, its plays super good whit the NES Controller ..
But I work too much whit the save System of the Mini NES..
Sometimes I'm reload just because I lost a Live ..
i Save every passed level and sometimes during the more difficult levels..
its still lots of fun..

But then my mom came in and wants to use my TV, because my Dad watches "the Helene Fischer Show" in the Livingroom..
also a reason I want my Nintendo Switch..

Sister's Xmas gift.. The Last Guardian & so far (about 5hrs played) I'm besotted, despite the many issues it has imho.. time will tell if I'll still be in love upon completion but so far so good.
I'd be interested to know the thoughts of others here that have experienced it.

Granstream Saga (PSX) on Pandora. Sound isn't working very well, but it's still playable.
I've decided to give it a try after learning that it was the final part of Quintet Heaven and Earth saga, after Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia/Time and Terranigma.

I'm not sure how far I am in the game, but so far it's not bad but not outstanding either and doesn't stand the comparison with Illusion of Gaia nor Terranigma. Everything feels a bit condensed, which has the nice effect of avoiding clutter but has the drawback of feeling too simple. The story is pretty basic, there are some nice concepts but nothing exceptional. Most is pretty generic JRPG stuff, but at least it's not aggravating as it can get in some other JRPG. Combat is not bad for a RPG, though it gets a bit tedious when you missed a weapon upgrade. But all in all, I find it good enough to keep on playing so far.

I am playing the newly released in US and EU Project Diva Future Tone on PS4.
I have to thank the fellow forum user here who believes he lives with Hatsune Miku for making me discover these games.

They are brilliant and that last one is the finest rythm game I have. I will play it for a long long time !
[doublepost=1484657510,1484657399][/doublepost]
Sister's Xmas gift.. The Last Guardian & so far (about 5hrs played) I'm besotted, despite the many issues it has imho.. time will tell if I'll still be in love upon completion but so far so good.
I'd be interested to know the thoughts of others here that have experienced it.
I bought a PS4 for that game for Christmas and for the Japanese games coming in 2017.
I have only played about 2-3 hours and like it overall. I cannot say I love it but I apreciate the ambiance, and the beast. I will enjoy it little by little.

Donkey Kong for GameBoy.

Starts as your usual donkey kong, right? You know the old usual style. But then about 4 levels in it becomes a completely different game. Less of a run and dodge and more of a puzzle platformer. EXTREMELY satisfying. Ended up buying the cart cause it was so much fun.

Back