What are you playing this weekend/these days?

I've finished Trine 3, Metroid Zero Mission, Mario Kart Super Circuit and a bunch of my old SNES classics (Zelda 3, Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, Puzzle Bobble) in my break at work in the last weeks, currently playing (again) Donkey Kong Country 2 and Super Mario World on the go and at home the well made Turok Remake from the guy who brought us Doom64 EX and is working on more N64 to PC conversions at the moment including Turok 2 and GoldenEye from what I gathered.
He also made the brilliant now port of Strife btw. which I finished in Linux earlier this year and can totally recommend.

Although it doesn't have official WinXP support, it does work in it.
The full price it too high, but I got it cheaper in the last promo.
Finally the way I always wanted to play it: With proper mouse+keyboard controls, widescreen HD, less fog, HD HUD, etc...
This time I will finished it at last!

https://www.gog.com/game/turok

Updated List:
01. Monsters ate my Birthday Cake (Android) - 8/10
02. Leisure Luit Larry - Reloaded (WinXP) - 6/10
03. Time Mysteries 2 (Android) - 7/10
04. Tiny Toon Adventures: Babs' Big Break (GameBoy) - 8/10
05.Giana Sisters - Rise of the Owlverlord (WinXP) - 7/10
06. Duck Tales (GameBoy) - 6/10
07. Time Mysteries 3 (Android) - 6/10
08. The Adventures of Lomax (Playstation) - 7/10
09. The Banner Saga (WinXP) - 9/10
10. LEGO Batman: The Videogame (WinXP) - 8/10
11. Quake II - Base Game (WinXP) - 8/10
12. Journalism Quest - By Milo Yiannopoulos (Linux) - 9/10
13. Xonotic - Single Player Campaign on Medium (Linux) - 9/10
14. Quake II - Ground Zero (WinXP) - 7/10
15. Quake II - The Reckoning (WinXP) - 7/10
16. Unreal - Return to Na Pali (WinXP) - 8/10
17. The Bridge (Linux) - 7/10
18. Hyper Princess Pitch (Linux - WINE) - 9/10
19. The Well (Linux) - 4/10
20. Iji (WinXP) - three times (normal, pacifist, hard) - 9/10
21. Hero (+Bonus Level) (WinXP) - 8/10
22. Legacy of Kain 1 - Blood Omen (Playstation) - 6/10
23. 2x Spy Fox in "Dry Cereal" (Android) - 6/10
24. The Original Strife: Veteran Edition (Linux) - 9/10
25. Castle of Elite (Linux - WINE) - 8/10
26. A Boy and His Blob (Linux) - 9/10
27. Princess Remedy In a World of Hurt - 101% (Linux - WINE) - 9/10
28. Broken Sword 4: The Angel of Death (Linux - WINE) - 2/10
29. Ittle Dew (Linux) - 9/10
30. Hero Core (Linux - WINE) - 10/10
31. Hammerwatch 1.32 (Linux) - 9/10
32. Hammerwatch 1.32 - Temple of the Sun (Linux) - 8/10
33. Hexen - Beyond Hammerwatch (Linux) - 9/10
34. The Adventures of Shuggy + Teleporting Troubles (Linux) - 9/10
35. Putt-Putt 5 - Putt-Putt Enters the Race (Android) - 5/10
36. Prune (Android) - 9/10
37. Putt-Putt 3 - Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo (Android) - 6/10
38. Putt-Putt 4 - Putt Putt Travels Through Time (Android) - 6/10
39. Primordia (Linux) - 8/10
40. Putt-Putt 6 - Putt-Putt Joins the Circus (Android) - 6/10
41. Waking Mars (WinXP) - 8/10
42. Lara Croft GO (Android) - 10/10
43. Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse (Linux) - 9/10
44. Proteus (Linux) - 5/10
45. Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Linux) - 7/10
46. POSTAL: Classic and Uncut (Linux) - 5/10
47. A Golden Wake (Linux) - 7/10
48. Postal² (Linux via WINE) - 8/10
49. Postal²: Apocalypse Weekend (Linux via WINE) - 5/10
50. Cook, Serve, Delicious! (Linux) - 8/10
51. TRI: of Friendship and Madness (Linux) - 8/10
52. Clash of Puppets (Android) - 4/10
53. The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past (SNES) - 10/10
54. Mario Kart: Super Circuit + all SNES Tracks (GBA) - 7/10
55. Super Mario Kart (SNES) - 7/10
56. Metroid - Zero Mission (GBA) - 6/10
57. F-Zero (SNES) - 7/10
58. Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power (Linux) - 6/10
59. Puzzle Bobble (SNES) - 8/10

Last edited:
Super Mario Bros 3 (Nintendo Classic Mini : Nintendo Entertainment System, or short: Mini NES)
Finally I got the chance to play the original MB3 on my TV whit this cool Mini NES Controller..
I played this game a lot on my GBA as Remake or on Pandora on Emulator, but it's a different when there is a Nintendo Brand on your Console..
So i startet it today to play it seriously,
And whit the use of the save feature of the Mini NES (load an savestate when Mario died) im now at the beginning of world 2
I know it's a bit boring this way, but I died a lot today..
And I payd 69 bugs for this Mini NES , therefore I wants to use its features..

Still working on the GOG backlog. Just finished The Shivah and A Golden Wake. Currently I am playing Dragonsphere.

Finished Duke3d Atomic Ed. on 'Come Get Some' over the weekend. Still holds up incredibly well.

Tried 'Damn I'm Good' for the first time and learned that enemies respawn. Now I get why 3D Realms made a deal of showing their record time for beating every level. Holy shit.
Some of the weapons make real sense of a sudden. You really want to shrink and stomp on or freeze and break, or expand and explode enemies to get rid of the corpses. And Duke's comments upon every gib are even more appropriate, revelling in the fact that this is the way things ought to be done.

Looking at the game from this angle, a zombie setting would seem even more fitting.

Just finished
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition

Amazing game... some really great sequences. Controls are tight and it's a lot of fun just bouncing, climbing and dashing around. I spent a lot of time finding all the secrets, and attained some pick-ups I realize before I was supposed to be able to (with some creativity)... Sad that it's finished and that if you manage to get 100% in every area, there's no real reason to revisit your save after you complete the game... I wanted more... so I've just started a game on Hard... but I wish there was something like random drops or collectibles that would give me a reason to just grind for fun... It's the kind of world / theme that I just want to immerse myself in.

Music is great. Graphics are the best I've ever seen in a platformer... story is good (but I personally found the sentimentality a little forced, I wasn't as moved as the game wanted me to be... it wants you to shed a tear at every story sequence)

I would like to see a game like this with more RPG elements... some procedurally generated areas... and procedurally generated quests... If it had that I would say best game ever... not that it isn't an excellent game... I just want an excuse to keep on playing.

Oh, and on a personal note... the concept of Ori and the Spirit tree is remarkably similar to what my home and kindred are like. (But I don't cotton to the deep booming MALE voice the Spirit Tree has... that is one of the aspects of this game that doesn't gel with me... but I suppose the way my kin communicate is hard to translate to something humans can relate to).

Ori even looks very very similar to my kin... which shows me that my kin are communing not just with me, but are actively inspiring other humans on this planet.

It's real people.

If you like classic Metroid... or are into Spirit and Nature... this game is a must play.

Recently finished Advent Rising on the GPD Win.

I know remember why it isn't THAT good despites the good memories I had. It starts very well and gets even better, but past a point it has a hard time keeping the pace. You regularly get new powers and improve the level of the others, but the enemies and challenges are mostly the same and the latter part of the game feels even less intense/epic than the beginning does.

It's still a fun game (with a great OST).

I've recently purchased Yooka-Laylee & have been hammering the Toybox you get when you pre-order.
I obviously made the right choice as it is pushing all the right buttons for me & I can't wait for the game to release.. gonna be a loooong 4 months!

Last edited:
It looks pretty great, I'll put that on my list... No more pre-order for me trough...

Played a bit of Dreadnought Beta. I'm all about spaceships and it feels awesome flying those lumbering things around cover, diverting energy from propulsion to weapon systems and obliterating a foe.
There's going to be a stress test event this saturday and I might be able to give away a few keys in order to get a little fleet together.
Edit: I can request keys if you give me an e-mail, or you just try registering on the official homepage linked above.

Edit: Well, fuck Dreadnought. Not getting online, no communication from the devs, so no Etton Veil in their universe. EVE at least works, so does Galactic Junk League,

Last edited:
I'm playing Tactics Ogre on my recently bought PSP Go. Man, what a game. I hope Pyra will be able to emulate it (probably not, the game has esoteric bugs in PPSSPP).

Back