What are you playing this weekend/these days?

The wind part of the last few worlds caught me off guard. I kind of figured that SMB2 was just a new set of levels to SMB1, but man I was wrong. It was such a simple addition but added real challenge to the gameplay.

All in all I think it's a masterful game. I wish I could beat it without crutches.

Please note that it ties in with the Arcade culture, like Ghouls'n'Ghost and other games of that era.
They are not exactly about skill, but about training. Many challenges are challenges you can't pass just with skills. You have to know the stage in advance, know the exact timings, etc.

After finishing Lara Croft GO, Waking Mars and Broken Sword 5, which were all awesome, I'm now playing

Having a great time so far, I can't remember any video game making me laugh so much. :D
The Linux port is well polished.

Damn, Octodad was short, finished it after less than 3 hours.

Now playing Postal 1 Redux natively under Linux while listening to classical music (currently Wagner). :D

Ace Attorney: Spirit Of Justice and Tropico 5.
Almost finished Ace Attorney because it's awesome :D Played the demo and bought the full version immediately after that.
As of Tropico 5, I'm idling in the World Wars era because as soon as I proceed to Cold War, my city gets overrun with enemy spies who are determined to destroy my precious banana plantations (for whatever reason) :mad:

I was looking to buy the 2009 version of Wolfenstein, but couldn't find it. Had to borrow it from the internets. Impressed by physics and high quality animations. Still scratching my head about one particularly stupid translation issue. The German texts and subtitles strictly avoid using the word "Nazi". Instead they go for "Wölfe", i.e. wolves. Seems out of place with the Thule talk, swastikas and fuhrerpics all over the place.
Edit: Gameplaywise it feels a lot like Bioshock. And there are a few elements that remind me of FEAR, particularly one of the battle themes and ofc the cloaking melee combatants.

Also finished Secret Files Tunguska. Annoying main character's voice and casual sexism aside, decent adventure with logical puzzles.

Tried Deponia Doomsday. Obnoxious character put me off and I got stuck 10 minutes in.

Still tinkering to get Planescape Torment to run on my windows machine, I get vertical black bars across the screen. GOG support can't really help me, tried every suggestion out there. Pretty disappointing. Runs fine in GemRB, but Pandora or phone screens are too small for me to enjoy that game. CBA to dual boot linux atm.

Looking forward to System Shock 1 remake and System Shock 3. Also Cyberpunk 2077. More Sci-Fi, Hell yeah!

Edit: Bought Bioshock Infinite 5 minutes ago. Sick at home, too much time. Gotta play them all.

Last edited:
That was a really disappointing game.
Guess I'll see about that. Only cost me seven fifty anyway. There's only one game purchase I truly regret, and that was a blind preorder for Dragon Age Inquisition. Will never preorder again and will hate them forever for ruining what started out great with Origins.

Edit:
Not if you like collecting coins.
Uff, I now see.
Instead of having an actually useful Elizabeth who loots mundane items from every little container they went with an Elizabeth that interrupts gameplay regularly to give you additional smallfry stuff.
I also hate that the frequency at which lockpicks are acquired is not in sync with locked doors/containers. It's all right at first, then turns into backtracking and finally "can't open this, gotta move on".

Jarring is what I call a game that overwhelms me with beautiful music, setting and richly detailed graphics for everything material, just to populate its' world with clones. I've seen like two female faces? Weak.

I find the video things to be terrible uninteresting, watched two, or three, got super bored, never bothered again since.

The balancing... okay, I started on normal, should have schosen hard I guess. If you go for shield -and why would one ever go for health?!- and use the head-shot bonus hat from the very beginning of the game, everything dies super fast with the standard pistol or carbine. That may change, but so far it has been super-effective.
Kinda funny that the game keeps reminding me to use its' flashy magic toys. "Look, we put so much effort into beautiful effects, why not spam them a bit?!" - Thanks but not thanks, lead plus face works like a treat.

Edit: Well it was a ride.

Last edited:
...Have controller support do you know?
Love the look of this little puzzle game

I found the following info on the site I linked to (click on the More information link to view).

info.png

As for personal experience, I've only tried playing it with the keyboard so far.

Finished Postal after a short time and it didn't blow me away (ba-dum-tss).

Now playing the native Linux port of Vangers and although the voxel engine is quite beautiful for a game from 1998 and it's definitely something different, I constantly wonder what the f*** those devs were smoking.
I mean, it's way more strange than it even looks already.

Last edited:
Gave up on Vangers because the game is screwing you over all the time. Constantly lost stuff from my inventory, got blown up by guys in my own team, lost quests seconds after I got them, etc...
Those sadistic Russians and their odd, unfair, but somehow also quite interesting games... :(
Visiting the wrong city? Lose all your stuff and get a undrivable jelly car that's even worse than the one in the beginning. I saved over my old state before noticing, that everything is gone and I simply wasn't able to drive the slave car. It's possible to dust yourself off and reach a higher level again, but I simply couldn't even move properly.

Now playing the heck out of a game that was on one of the lowest positions in my backlog until some people said it's awesome and indeed it is. Got it from a humble bundle a while ago.
I'd never have thought, that a cooking game could be that great, but it's extremely well designed, properly polished, has a nice Linux port, you actually learn a thing or too and it's (finally) a true PC game again, no console game with a PC port but something you really can't play without a proper keyboard and even the management part is actually fun.

Cook, Serve, Delicious!

I love it, I really do and am very near my second star now. :)

Be aware though, that it's quite hardcore and you actually feel like being inside a hectic kitchen with a thousand things to do at the same time, never knowing which one exactly in the next second.
It's impossible to play when you're sleepy. :D

Last edited:
Finished Ace Attorney and saving the DLCs for a day when I'm stuck at the train station and have nothing to do and no one shows up in StreetPass :D
Started playing Fire Emblem (GBA) which has a really good tutorial (although they assume you're a complete noob regarding the mechanics). So far I'm having a lot of fun :) I hope it gets a bit more difficult later; at the moment, it feels pretty easy (but so did Thracia 776 and that game kicked my ass a lot in the later missions).

Got me some games from the Nintendo E-Shop, Dementium Remastered, Severed, and Mario Tennis Open,
Lots of Fun for 50 € (for all 3)
But I played until now only Mario Tennis,
And boy, that's lots of fun for 19€..
But sometimes pretty frustrating,
Currently I play the cups and there is this Bu Hu which is pretty hard to win against..
But maybe I'm just miss a lot of praktice..

Im also played Dragonquest VII on this New3DSXL and i just opent a way to a new island
My last island whas the whit the mechs
I ditnt know how it's called..

And i truyed some Gamegear Games on my Gameboy Micro using the Everdrive GBA,

Back