What are you playing this weekend/these days?

I've finished this shiny crap called Dreamfall: The Longest Journey 2 via PlayOnLinux

It's actually a movie and lacks the charm of point'n'click adventures although some areas do look nice but quite dead.
Rails... moving around... combat (dafuq?)...stealth... rails... endless cutscenes... combat....no immersion... untouching artificially sad scenes... open end.... "buy the next part to see the end, maybe"...
Controlling it with mouse and keyboard was so terrible (btw: Inverted X axis? Seriously?), that I switched to a gamepad and it was indeed designed as a console game which becomes obvious from the very beginning.
The "puzzles" are ridiculously easy, you only have 2-3 items in your inventory most of the time and if you missed the musical notes played in one moment in the game, you can't solve a puzzle and have no chance to hear the notes again.
The German voice-over was one of the most terrible I've ever encountered. You are reminded all of the time that nobody knew what they were actually talking about and which expression to use when reading the script.
The characters are not very well written overall but the main character Zoe is the worst. She is a pampered rich girl that aborted her studies, does not work, abandoned her boyfriend without any real reason (and he is not even mad) and complains about her not knowing what to do with her time while watching TV most of the days, partying and being extremely unreliable which for some reason nobody really minds apart from her female martial arts trainer that in the end only complains a bit about it. If it would have been a guy, the father would surely have minded that "his little prince" is a lazy bum and he would have thrown him out of the apartment to get a job.

It was a waste of time and I hope that Dreamfall: Chapters is way better then this.

I think, that I'll be playing a bit Don't Starve again (this time with the "Compromising Survival"-Mod) until I'll begin with Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms which is the sequel to Hetetic Kingdoms: The Inquisition which was quite nice although really buggy.

@Klumpen: I agree with some of your complains about Dreamfall, I felt the same about the rail->cutscene->rail->cutscene with far too simple puzzles here and there, but the more time passes since I played it, the more this fades to be replaced with the impact the story/themes had on me. But this was probably different for me, since I did enjoy the characters, especially Zoé.

For the voice-overs, I'm used to always switch games languages to English whenever I can, because French translations and voice-overs are pretty much always terrible, with a few exceptions here and there (most French games have good French voice-overs, male Shepard was far better in French than in English, Ultima IX voices were ok, while I read they were terrible in English, etc.). While Zoe's voice didn't have the charm of April's, I didn't have any problem with the English voice-overs.

More Person 4 Golden on Vita - this game rocks - 20 hours in now. Did get some Tomb Raider definitive edition on PS4 in during the week.

Playing Frictional Games' SOMA at the moment, even doing a little Let's-Play series in German, or Bavarian rather :D
While the translation is questionable at times, I adore the atmosphere and the ideas being discussed <3

Kung Fury!

Great game. Anyone else playing it, beaten my high score?

2mhejbl.png

:)

I've finished
Rochard + Hard Times (Linux)
Monument Valley + Ida's Dream (Android)
Tiny Bang Story (Android)
Trine 2 - Complete Story (Linux)

And they were all really good, especcially Trine 2 which is a beautiful true masterpiece with a high replay value in spite of it's linearity. It's more than a worthy heir to The Lost Vikings series.
I'm looking forward to play Trine 1 in the new engine too and am happy that they transfered it. :)
Rochard was surprisingly polished and really fun!
Monument Valley is an easy and relaxing non-euclidean puzzle game and Tiny Bang Story an example that Hidden Object Games don't need to be messy, although it is a mess when it comes to the technical aspects (glitches and crashes).

I'll be playing Awesomenauts now which looks pretty fun so far.
And still occasionally DROD although I'm completely stuck on one puzzle and am sick of looking into walkthroughs all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious Sam 2. it's not nearly as good as the first two games due to the small levels (and uninteresting level design). i thought time would have been kinder to it, but apparently only in terms of the game's visual style.

My wife bought me a forza-edition xbone for our anniversary a week and a half ago, and I've been playing the hell out of that.  I'd sworn off consoles after the original xbox, but broke down and bought a 360 just for forza.  I swore I wouldn't do the same with the xbone, and technically I didn't because my wife bought it for me without my even asking.  Forza 6 really is a brilliant racing game.

Mostly doing small bursts of gaming lately

PS4: Elder Scrolls Online
Native Linux: Torchlight II + Knights of the Old Republic II
Omap5 devboard: Diablo II
Pandora: SuperTuxKart

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the sky on the PSP, actually. What it is, is the closest I've yet seen to Grandia. Both in terms of some of the systems - The battle system, in particular, is very much like Grandias done better - and the characters. That is, teenage boys that are not emo-amnesiacs with huge chips on their shoulders and forcedly "cool" behaviour! Competent teenage girls who are neither sex kittens nor unexplainedly infatuated with the teenage boys! A backstory that actually makes sense in why these people should trek all over the world! And so on and so forth.

Of course, I'm only something like 20% in, so there's plenty of time for it to ruin horribly, but so far it is excellent.

Plyed some The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D (New 3DS XL)

Im now in Gannondorf Castle, brook the siegels on his Devilstower, and fought succesfully the first time whit him..

Than i run whit Zelda awai because the Tower colapsed..

Dooferweise as whe arrived the exit, Gannondorf wasnt death and now i had to fight his devilform Gannon..

The first try ditnt work, but the last savegame was abofe the tower,

Then i ditnt had bock to try it again at this time.. maybe next time i will make this again..

Back