What are you playing this weekend/these days?

1142.jpg

Action on one screen and controls on the other.

I finished Kid Icarus: Uprising a few days ago (what an absolutely brilliant game!), and I'm now playing Mario Tennis Open, and absolutely loving it. :D
Good to see you liked KI

Sadly, I sold my copy of Kid Icarus a few weeks back. It just didn't move me, and I normally love rail shooters, as they are just about my favorite genre of gaming. I had such high hopes for this title to, oh well.

I still have high hopes for Luigi's Mansion, but that has fallen off of Nintendo's radar currently and my not release this year, or on the 3DS at all(maybe a WiiU conversion). I guess we'll find out for sure at E3.

Currently I'm playing Rayman Origins and trying for 100% completion. I'm at about 97%, but it is so hard at this point. ;)

Chris

50% of Kid Icarus I enjoyed, the rest I hated. The control scheme while on the ground is awful. One of the worst schemes I've ever had to use. However, it worked brilliantly while in the air. It could (and should) have been so much better.

Luigi's Mansion 2 was one of the few 3DS games I was really looking forward to (that and the new Paper Mario - please don't say this one isn't coming out anytime soon too :( ).

50% of Kid Icarus I enjoyed, the rest I hated. The control scheme while on the ground is awful. One of the worst schemes I've ever had to use. However, it worked brilliantly while in the air. It could (and should) have been so much better.
Which control scheme were you using? The game has a large number of them that can be mixed and matched. :p

I got on fine with the defaults, but I changed it to avoid RSIs, and liked what I ended up with even better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi's Mansion 2 was one of the few 3DS games I was really looking forward to (that and the new Paper Mario - please don't say this one isn't coming out anytime soon too :( ).
I completely agree with you on the controls. I tried several differant schemes, and none of them worked out for me on the ground levels. The flying levels where great, but the ground levels sucked big time, and really broke the feel of the game for me.

There really hasn't been any talk of Luigis Mansion 2 in a long time, but it was originally slated as an early 2012 release. Kid Icarus was originally due late last year, so I knew once KI got pushed back, LM would be next. I'm hoping it's still coming, but when Nintendo lets games slip in to the void of their release schedule, anything can happen.

Chris

but when Nintendo lets games slip in to the void of their release schedule, anything can happen.
Yeah, I know. Nintendo promised Pikmin 3 in 2009. It's now due out on Wii U, but when is anyone's guess. :(

but when Nintendo lets games slip in to the void of their release schedule, anything can happen.
Yeah, I know. Nintendo promised Pikmin 3 in 2009. It's now due out on Wii U, but when is anyone's guess. :(
I believe Pikman 3 is due at E3 this year(finally), but I have been hearing about it for as far back as 2005 or even sooner. I'll assume Miyamoto San will really do something special with the WiiU control scheme, so I'm sure it will be worth the wait, but I'm also sure it would have been nice on the Gamecube or Wii. Picmin was never a huge seller to begin with, but it has a huge fan following.

I'm personally hoping the Starfox/Metroid teamup(Retro Studios) rumors are true, as these are 2 of my all time favorites, and I'm sure Retro would do a crossover justice, but I did also read that Starfox would have ground levels, so that makes me think this game is bogus, but if any company can make it work, it;s Retro Studios.

Chris

I'm personally hoping the Starfox/Metroid teamup(Retro Studios) rumors are true, as these are 2 of my all time favorites, and I'm sure Retro would do a crossover justice, but I did also read that Starfox would have ground levels, so that makes me think this game is bogus, but if any company can make it work, it;s Retro Studios.
I must admit, I'm hoping that those rumours are true, too.

The Fox McCloud ground levels aren't implausible by any means, though - three previous games (Star Fox 64, where it was unlockable for the multi-player mode; Star Fox Adventures, which was set almost entirely planetside; And Star Fox Assault, which mixed both space and ground levels, as well as wing-walking and vehicle-theft in multi-player; The latter handled it best) did set that precedent, so there's definitely some hope, there. :D

Moreover, though it can't really be taken all that seriously, some dialogue in Animal Crossing: Wild World did previously refer to both series (at the same time, and in relation to one another), which could perhaps be taken as a consideration that the two could be crossed over in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Pikman 3 is due at E3 this year(finally), but I have been hearing about it for as far back as 2005 or even sooner. I'll assume Miyamoto San will really do something special with the WiiU control scheme, so I'm sure it will be worth the wait, but I'm also sure it would have been nice on the Gamecube or Wii. Picmin was never a huge seller to begin with, but it has a huge fan following.

Rumours of Pikmin 3 did appear before 2009, but Nintendo stated that it would be OUT in 2009.

Anything Metroid related and I'm up for it! StarFox wasn't too pish either :)

Obviously Animal Crossing is a definite must have for me too - folloewed them all (even the Japan only, Animal Forest as it was then, on N64). One can never be conned too many times by Redd :p More fossils and bugs this time please (including more different ones) please Mr Nintendo Sir. =D

Am I the only one who became a tycoon selling the fossils, and depriving the museum of its precious artifacts? :lol:

Back