What Are You Going To Play On Your Gp2x?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure someone has mentioned this game before but I really want to play Alien Breed :D

breed3uq.jpg

How hard exactly will it be to port Linux apps to the GP2X? No work involved, a huge rewrite, or just a bit of fiddling here & there?

If it's easy, then I can hope for GP2X versions of LBreakOut, Legacy Doom and Tux Racer to be released really soon :)

If not, then I just hope I have better luck ripping DVDs to the GP2X than I've had with the GP32. It'll be easier to be patient for games if I can watch The Wrong Trousers while I wait :)

You know what I'd actually like to see, is the Doom 64 TC brought over to the GP2X. I'm probably alone on that, though, since it seems like most people didn't like Doom 64. Actually, I'd be happy finding out how to get it set up on Linux in general seeing as how they only include an executable and the source on that site. There's some porting advice available, though I certainly don't have the skill to do it. :(

If the GP2X is powerful enough to perfectly emulate the ST-V Titan hardware, either through Mame or as a dedicated emulator, I'd love to play Radiant Silvergun.

trooper posted on Sep 29 2005 at 08:45 PM said:
I would prefer an ECS Amiga with a full 1 meg chip ram eg, A500+.

Trooper

Why would you want ECS? There are no games that take advantage of the additional ECS graphic modes. There are a very limited number of games that need the added 1MB chipram of the ECS chipset to run. Only one I can think of is Rise of the Robots.

Thus, if you have OCS-emu, you can't play ROR.

Not much of a loss... But I'd wager there are other games, aswell.

AGA would be nice, though. I wonder, would it be possible to emulate AGA chipset... With regular M68000 CPU?

For me it will be

MAME : black tiger / psychic5 / cadash and many more such as final fight like
ATARI : super cars 2 / stunt car racer / Dungeon master !!!!!
SNES : Speed ball, Mario and other platform games
DOSBOX : wizardry / UFO / master of magic / deathrally / Elite

Eolair posted on Sep 29 2005 at 11:21 PM said:

Trooper

Why would you want ECS? There are no games that take advantage of the additional ECS graphic modes. There are a very limited number of games that need the added 1MB chipram of the ECS chipset to run. Only one I can think of is Rise of the Robots.

There are a lot of games the work and may require ECS, Go to BTTR and browse their game section and see how many games work on the ECS equip amigas.

Trooper

Hopefully i'm going to be playing:

Emulators:

NES
SNES
GBC
GBA
Megadrive
Other

Interpreters:

ScummVM

Applications:

Kismet + SD wifi chip...

trooper posted on Oct 4 2005 at 02:41 AM said:
Eolair posted on Sep 29 2005 at 11:21 PM said:

Trooper

There are a lot of games the work and may require ECS, Go to BTTR and browse their game section and see how many games work on the ECS equip amigas.

Trooper

I'm not sure how BTTR uses the ECS/OCS/AGA designations. Usually the year of the ECS chipset release is used to decide whether a game was designed for Amigas with OCS or ECS.

The ECS chipset was released in late 1989, but Amigas with the ECS chipset weren't released until 1990. Therefore, non-AGA games released before 1990 are usually classified as OCS and those from 1990 onwards are designated as ECS.

This designation system is not a good indicator of compatibility. It only shows what chipset a game was originally designed for. You will find that very few games actually require ECS.

I've taken a quick look at the BTTR site. Haven't been there in a long time. What's confusing to me is that the BTTR game list has games before even 1989 marked as "ECS". You try tell me Nebulus won't work on an Amiga 500 and I'll kick you silly ;)

Anyway, I'm not sure why they would do that. Maybe they were lazy and just didn't bother about OCS?

AutumnGhost posted on Sep 29 2005 at 05:15 PM said:
If the GP2X is powerful enough to perfectly emulate the ST-V Titan hardware, either through Mame or as a dedicated emulator, I'd love to play Radiant Silvergun.
this is one game you can forget about playing on the gp2x or any platform right now.

The game is still some way off working on mame and plays very slowly on any saturn emulator.

haha tell me about it, this game isn't even full speed with the latest SSF emulator on my a64 3500+.

the 2X could probably handle a game like that if made for it, but emulating the saturn/titan hardware is way too much.

Back