What Are You Doing To Get Your Pandora?

Com64 said:
Im just glad I remembered, becaue it I didn't, it could turn into a $20 or even $50 fee. That has happened to me before.
Well don't let the fine grow for 221 years like a certain president of the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
jasay said:
Com64 said:
Im just glad I remembered, becaue it I didn't, it could turn into a $20 or even $50 fee. That has happened to me before.
Well don't let the fine grow for 221 years like a certain president of the US.

who, George Washington? I won't let that happen... I hope. I wonder if his descendants are stuck with the bill, lol.

Caine said:
Com64 said:
Im rather good at mowing lawns... I do it at home.
http://www.viddler.com/explore/thereifixedit/videos/2/

what you want is one of those Husqvarna Automower, the ones that run on solar power and send you a text when its finished.

I just kinda forgot about it and it arrived on my door :D

Com64 said:
sebt3 said:
I you sell all your games, what are you going to emulate on the Pandora ?
laugh.gif

@SomeGuy : that explain _a lot_ (kidding)

I ripped all my games to ISOs and backups long ago. i think...

If you live in the United States, I'm pretty sure it's illegal (and I'm more sure it's unethical in general) for you to keep your backups and use them after selling the games. Assuming you aren't buying the games first-hand, I don't think it's much better than just downloading copies of the games and never buying them in the first place.

To get my Pandora, I'm just waiting after emailing with openpandorasales@gmail.com and mailing them a check.

typs lik dis said:
Com64 said:
sebt3 said:
I you sell all your games, what are you going to emulate on the Pandora ?
laugh.gif

@SomeGuy : that explain _a lot_ (kidding)

I ripped all my games to ISOs and backups long ago. i think...

If you live in the United States, I'm pretty sure it's illegal (and I'm more sure it's unethical in general) for you to keep your backups and use them after selling the games. Assuming you aren't buying the games first-hand, I don't think it's much better than just downloading copies of the games and never buying them in the first place.

To get my Pandora, I'm just waiting after emailing with openpandorasales@gmail.com and mailing them a check.

No one gives a (censored) in Canada. Everyone illegally downloads music/video/games. or at least one of the three.
I haven't heard of any massive fining in Canada yet.

Com64 said:
No one gives a (censored) in Canada. Everyone illegally downloads music/video/games. or at least one of the three.
That's because downloading music is not illegal in Canada, so long as it isn't done for profit. <long_story_short>Why do you think there's a levy on blank CDs and MP3 players? Because it's assumed that all Canadians are pirates that download music so the recording company demanded they get their money somehow. Then the government turned around and basically said since we were technically paying for the music through these levies that it can't be illegal to download them.</long_story_short> Of course, the recording company has been trying for years to get that changed, and it looks like they may be on the brink of succeeding. Movies and games are not legal to download, but I can't think of anyone actually being fined or charged over it either.
<short_story_long>anything by Dickens</short_story_long>

WizardStan said:
Com64 said:
That's because downloading music is not illegal in Canada, so long as it isn't done for profit. <long_story_short>Why do you think there's a levy on blank CDs and MP3 players? Because it's assumed that all Canadians are pirates that download music so the recording company demanded they get their money somehow. Then the government turned around and basically said since we were technically paying for the music through these levies that it can't be illegal to download them.</long_story_short> Of course, the recording company has been trying for years to get that changed, and it looks like they may be on the brink of succeeding. Movies and games are not legal to download, but I can't think of anyone actually being fined or charged over it either.

from wikipedia:
Canada has the greatest number of file sharers by percentage of population in the world according to a 2004 report by the OECD.[sup][1[/sup][sup]]
[/sup]

In general, the unauthorized copying or distribution of copyrighted material, whether for profit or for personal use, is illegal under Canada's Copyright Act.[sup][3][/sup] However, certain exemptions are made for fair dealing copying of small portions of copyrighted works, for activities such as private study started in 1982, criticism, and news reporting. Furthermore, the Act contains a Private Copying exception that makes it legal to copy a sound recording onto an "audio recording medium" for the personal use of the person making the copy. This is supported by a levy on blank audio recording media, which is distributed to record labels and musicians.[sup][4[/sup][sup]]

[/sup]
... the situation regarding music files is more complex, due to the Private Copying exemption.
In 2003, the Copyright Board introduced levies of up to $25 on non-removable memory in digital music players such as the iPod. However, this was struck down when the Federal Court of Appeal ruled that memory permanently embedded in digital music players could not be considered an audio recording medium.

The application of the Private Copying exemption to copies made via the Internet is also a complex issue. Prior to 2004, some analysts believed that it was legal to download music, but not to upload it.[sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup]

lol you were right... you can download music legally, but nothing else. BUT THEY WILL NEVER CATCH ME ALIVE!!!! (unless they use a pandora as bait)

but what about a copywrited musical? thats a musical work. hehe loopholes.

I looked at my Bank account, saw I had plenty of spending money.. placed and order and now I'm waiting.

Or did you guys want a better story? I can make some stuff up if need be.

TrashyMG said:
I looked at my Bank account, saw I had plenty of spending money.. placed and order and now I'm waiting.

Or did you guys want a better story? I can make some stuff up if need be.

I used to have a lot of money in my bank account... then I spent it on things like wii games and accesories last year.

WizardStan said:
Com64 said:

That figures. From what I know of canadians, they tend to like getting stuff for free at the cost of everyone who doesn't use it. Also all musicians, excluding those signed up to major labels. See national health care, etc.

typs lik dis said:
That figures. From what I know of canadians, they tend to like getting stuff for free at the cost of everyone who doesn't use it. Also all musicians, excluding those signed up to major labels. See national health care, etc.
Don't knock the national health care. I'm effectively paying $500 a year for my entire (non-existent but theoretical) family for complete health coverage, and that's on the high end of the scale because of how much I make. Most people pay less than that. How does that compare to the insurance plans in the US? Plus, because it's a national plan, you don't have to worry about getting approval from your insurance, paying things up front and hoping to get reimbursed, rates going up, or anything like that: just show your card and it's paid for.
Now, if we could keep the idiots that think that because it's free they can waltz into the emergency room because they have a bit of a sniffle out of said emergency room it'd probably work better.
Anywho, back to the point: you want to discuss the morality of downloading MP3s we can, there's definitely a lot of room for debate; but national health care is a brilliant thing that I lament has taken far too long for my friends in the US to receive.

WizardStan said:
Anywho, back to the point: you want to discuss the morality of downloading MP3s we can, there's definitely a lot of room for debate; but national health care is a brilliant thing that I lament has taken far too long for my friends in the US to receive.

Who says all music is in the mp3 format? They are talking about um... music, not specifically MP3s.

Anyway, MP3 format audio is lossy, and some people prefer lossless formats like flac.

lol. WAIT... why are we so off-topic? isnt the topic...

hrm... I might be getting a sale on my flashcarts. I got an email from someone.

I might have payed for it out of the funds raised by passing off Canadian coinage for American coinage at the local shops.

Or maybe I worked over winter break and thought I deserved something for giving up my vacation.

I don't know. Whichever works best for you. Go with that one.

Gerix said:
I might have payed for it out of the funds raised by passing off Canadian coinage for American coinage at the local shops.

Or maybe I worked over winter break and thought I deserved something for giving up my vacation.

I don't know. Whichever works best for you. Go with that one.

that might work (coinage) If I had a lot of coins... hey, why don't I just go over to the bank and take out $30 in quarters, then um... put them in american coin machines, then press the return switch... I'd make about $1.50. I'd have to use up a hell of a lot of coins lol, very creative though.

I only have $10 at the moment. I might as well go out and sit by a busy intersection with a cardboard sign that reads:
---
Need money for a rediculously expensive European gadget that I have been longing for for ages. Anything helps, thx!
---

I see a lot of bums with cardboard signs around here.

Why do you think it's ridiculously expensive? Have you priced any similar gadgets, e.g. UMPCs?

You should try to post in the real marketplace of this forum to sell your games : http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/forum/20-marketplace/

typs lik dis said:
Why do you think it's ridiculously expensive? Have you priced any similar gadgets, e.g. UMPCs?

For me it is. I haven't had that much money at once.
$400 for a pandora...
well, its
$350 for a netbook, so I guess I was being a little um... unreasonable.

sebt3 said:
You should try to post in the real marketplace of this forum to sell your games : http://www.gp32x.de...20-marketplace/

I'll try that out, I think. But um... do my games really have anything to do with gp32? i guess, since it plays gba games, doesn't it?

WizardStan said:
national health care is a brilliant thing that I lament has taken far too long for my friends in the US to receive.

Our NHS is even better. Um... in some ways. Probably.

Back