What are you developing?

I've been planning to write a simple RTS for over 10 years now (i am 26)

I coded hello triangle and concepts with moving colored rectangles in almost every SDK/Library

feel free to compare me to 3DRealms :p

but it looks like something might happen based on Qt4 QGraphicsView and the pandora
I've got one of those games, I've started it a couple of times, started writing an engine, then stopped to conceptualize for a few years, added bits and bobs to the engine, rewrote it, rewrote the game mechanics, etc.

It would be perfect on the Pandora, too, so maybe if I ever get enough time haha.

Browser-based (HTML5 canvas) multiplayer advance wars-y strategy game. Already very much playable (limited beta server running with a few players), but not ready for prime time. Playable on the n900, so I think it should work nicely on a pandora.

I've heard talk of someone developing a dreamcast emulator for the Pandora can anyone confirm this ?

Hi everybody,

I'm not a hardcore programmer, but I should have the basics. Right now I'm only developing an idea in my head (but that counts as developing right? :) )of a top down rally/race game. I've started playing a bit with SDL, which should allow to make a nice game. I would like to base my maps on GPS data of real stages, but real speed on real scale and that top down is a bit too hard to play (I think). So I'm thinking of a method to have reduced straights, but with the same corners, stages. I would use GTA 2D cars :)

My first post and waiting for my pandora in the first batch. :)

Grtz

I've got a couple of ideas - one is a Phantom Slayer type 3D maze game.

Would love an AMOS/Blitz Basic type environment, but am kinda resigned to learning C/SDL, and figuring out how to setup toolchains etc..... :blink:

Maybe I should think about Python?

I have a project that I keep postponing since many years, that is a software to learn music and music theory interactively. And I'm thinking maybe it's the time.

I used GNU Solfege when I was in my music theory class. It was pretty helpful with aural skills, but I was still bad. Anyway, link in case you're interested.

http://www.solfege.org/

Thanks, I did kind of a working prototype of the "Asking random harmony questions using natural language" part on a spreadsheet. Here it is if you want to take a look. It's in spanish, though. :lol:

To use it go to the "PREGUNTA" tab and press backspace in an emtpy cell, to receive a complete random question. The answer is in the "RESPUESTA" tab.

I'm right this second trying to implement multiplayer support to the SimpleJoy module of Penjin. This would let you load in multiple control mappings on a per player basis. Mainly I'm being bullied by MarkoeZ's progress with Penjoust to do this! (Just kidding ;) )
Ahwww you spoiled the fun! Yes i'm working on a brilliant new project called Penjoust (also just kidding :p and thanks ofcourse! )

Very actively working on:

- Panjoust

From time to time:

- Pirate Music Player

Planned:

- A new PandoraPanic! minigame that will probaby also become a full game. Should be made a lot quicker than Panjoust though, no AI and far less object interactions. But i'm keeping quiet on that one since it's quite easily copied ;)

Cheers!

I'm up to the following things:

Extend Utils Maintenance - fixing things when I get bug reports :)

Which sort of follows on to working on an updated Dev Extend package.

I'm also working on a couple of games: a top-down omni-directional shooter ( think of Uridium with a grappling hook, ) and an arcade puzzler ( Lemmings mixed with Troddlers and Chu Chu Rocket. )

viridior and I are working on Neuvoo, which is Gentoo for armv7a devices, including the Pandora. We're so close to a working GUI release it's crazy. Videos soon. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm working on a 3D bomberman game that I'm REALLY hoping to bring to Pandora. I'm currently developing it on Windows (in a cross-platform kinda way) and making sure along the way that it works on Linux as well. I'm using Ogre for 3D, and they're currently working on a GLES 2.0 render system, so hopefully that'll be ready by the time I'm finished.

Back