What About A Ds Emulator?

ahahah

hello

what about a ds emulator, such as the ds emulator on psp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOaX92iKPK8
the up screen would be at the left part of the pandora screen and the bottom screen at the right of the pandora.

with the possibility to display or not one of the screens (in many games one screen is not very important to play).

good idea? :D

You want to EMULATE A DS? YOU FOOL! Your preorder is canceled!

ahahah said:
hello

what about a ds emulator, such as the ds emulator on psp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOaX92iKPK8
the up screen would be at the left part of the pandora screen and the bottom screen at the right of the pandora.

with the possibility to display or not one of the screens (in many games one screen is not very important to play).

good idea? :D
Screen layout has NEVER been an issue.

Have a good day, sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny that nobody has mentioned this before. I'd rather stick with actual hardware with 2 screens then side by side, upside down, side on, switch screens. Just my opinion, beside ds's are sooo cheap now. I'm gonna get an NDS-XL me thinks march 5th :)

Where will you insert the nds game cartridge :)

It's like every 2 Months someone comes up with this "idea".

Possible? Totally. Easy? By no means. There are DS emulators out there, but they'll need serious porting, optimization, etc. But it'll happen eventually, probably around the time our PSP emulator is ready :p

borgqueenx said:
yes, very good idea. the best on the whole forums.

now the only thign left to do is finding someone who wants to spend 2 years creating this software for pandora.
You may start :)
Wern't you the last one to make a thread asking for this?

Tokiopop said:
borgqueenx said:

now the only thign left to do is finding someone who wants to spend 2 years creating this software for pandora.
I think so :lol:

NLS said:
Tokiopop said:
borgqueenx said:

I think so :lol:
yep. thats why ive put a note in my year schedule :ninja:

For right now just assume that it's not possible. DS emulation requires a lot of resources, probably more than people realize.

While I'm here, I might as well ask, is it possible to use Pandora hardware directly for emulation? I.e. telling the games to use the Pandora touchscreen instead of 'tricking' them into 'thinking' it's a DS touchscreen?

Jourdy288 said:
While I'm here, I might as well ask, is it possible to use Pandora hardware directly for emulation? I.e. telling the games to use the Pandora touchscreen instead of 'tricking' them into 'thinking' it's a DS touchscreen?

Sorry, but your question doesn't make any sense. People have really strange conceptions as to what emulation is and isn't. There's no "using" vs "tricking" or "running directly" vs "emulating", these are all just different words to describe the same thing.

People seem to look at this as something black and white - either it can be done or it can't, and this is something that's just known upfront. The reality is that no one knows how well an "optimal for Pandora" DS emulator would perform because such a thing doesn't exist. The well informed can make estimations, but they're still missing so much data that there wouldn't be an awful lot of confidence behind such a thing. This would also only be reflecting worst cases, because there isn't a good understanding of exactly what DS games do on average.

The current idea people seem to have, judging from this thread, is that it can be done (whatever that means, we'll assume to some satisfactory level), but it'll just take a lot of time and skill. In reality we can't know this. On the opposing end, a lot of people say it can't be done. We can't know this either. I think saying either thing is counter-productive and dangerous, but I'd rather people believed the former than the latter.

I think what we need is a Pandora emulator for the DS, because I have a DS but no Pandora and I really need a console that isn't so closed.

@ borgqueenx: The thing is, the research needed to create such an emulator would eat up all of someone's free time, and the competent devs have more important things to do.

I have free time, and some programming skills, but no emulator knowledge. It's a matter of time AND skill. A deadly combination.

lulzfish said:
I think what we need is a Pandora emulator for the DS, because I have a DS but no Pandora and I really need a console that isn't so closed.

@ borgqueenx: The thing is, the research needed to create such an emulator would eat up all of someone's free time, and the competent devs have more important things to do.

I have free time, and some programming skills, but no emulator knowledge. It's a matter of time AND skill. A deadly combination.
yes, so it keeps being a very low chance that someone would try to do this :(

Exophase said:
Jourdy288 said:

Sorry, but your question doesn't make any sense. People have really strange conceptions as to what emulation is and isn't. There's no "using" vs "tricking" or "running directly" vs "emulating", these are all just different words to describe the same thing.

People seem to look at this as something black and white - either it can be done or it can't, and this is something that's just known upfront. The reality is that no one knows how well an "optimal for Pandora" DS emulator would perform because such a thing doesn't exist. The well informed can make estimations, but they're still missing so much data that there wouldn't be an awful lot of confidence behind such a thing. This would also only be reflecting worst cases, because there isn't a good understanding of exactly what DS games do on average.

The current idea people seem to have, judging from this thread, is that it can be done (whatever that means, we'll assume to some satisfactory level), but it'll just take a lot of time and skill. In reality we can't know this. On the opposing end, a lot of people say it can't be done. We can't know this either. I think saying either thing is counter-productive and dangerous, but I'd rather people believed the former than the latter.

Listen to this man. When people said there was no way GBA could be emulated at a playable level on the PSP, he proved them wrong by doing it. So believe what he says folks, no good may come of Exophase, but the truth does.

Back